Conrad Dalian
Ranked #8 of 1,227 Hotels in Dalian
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Rooms are very nice and service is attentive and very helpful. Breakfast was good, both Chinese and Western. Concierge staff very friendly and had good ideas for day trips and things to see. The decor at the hotel is kind of generic opulent, not much character, lots of marble and chandeliers.

The hotel is about a mile from downtown Dalian, and unless you are going to the conference center next door, this isn't the right area to stay in. Far from the beaches, far from downtown, and surrounded by construction sites and walled-off migrant workers' dormitories. I had a view of the harbor, with the ferries that go over to Yantai and the smog-covered mountains in the distance, but in the foreground was a huge construction site surrounded by a little village of construction workers.

The building is quite new, but doesn't seem so well built. One night during my stay it rained, and the window leaked all over the carpet. The staff was very helpful (and I checked out the next morning anyway) but that was annoying.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Hamid N, Director of Operation at Conrad Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for choosing Conrad Dalian for your recent visit and your comments on both hotel facilities and our team members. Again, sincerely apologized for the inconvenience caused by the leaking, we do hope you are satisfied with the action our team has taken. We are 5 minutes drive way from the down town and the East Harbor Zone our hotel located at is constantly developing, in a short time, will be the CBD of the city with many new facilities surrounded. I hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

There was nothing wrong with my night here - the room was great, the staff was perfectly helpful. But with the amenities and other aspects of the hotel...i thought that I would be getting the same staying for less money in the connected, neighboring tower at the Hilton. Breakfast would have been closer (it is in the Hilton tower).

Front staff was helpful in securing interesting plans for the my free afternoon and evening - though couldn't fix my mistaken transport from the airport.

For information - taxi ride from the airport should be about 40RMB. Something that would be useful for the hotel to estimate (I was given an inaccurate estimate which cost me extra money).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Hamid N, Director of Operation at Conrad Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for choosing Conrad Dalian for your recent visit and for your time writing this specific review. First I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered regarding taxi fee and breakfast location. The taxi fee at peak hour in Dalian could be far more than it is in other time due to waiting charge. We thank you for sharing your taxi fee information with us. If you’d like to provide us the taxi receipt, we’d love to keep tracking the case for you. Please rest assured we are not standing still and are continuously looking for ways to provide flawless service to all of our guests.
On a brighter note, I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your wonderful comments with the team to ensure they too are encouraged. I hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back to either Conrad Dalian or Hilton Dalian.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Rooms- very spacious and clean. All the usual mod-cons as expected. Good view of the harbour.
Lobby area is also designed aesthetically and maintained well. Staff members, especially the concierge, are very helpful and great to interact with them. Location is near Harbour and good for business travellers visiting the international convention center, from a tourist's point of view, location is OK, not bad but not too central either.

Overall a very satisfactory experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Tony M, Director of Operations at Conrad Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for choosing Conrad Dalian for your recent visit. We were delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share them with the team to ensure they too are encouraged especially the Concierge Team. I sincerely hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel, Conrad Dalian soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I went to Dalian for vacation. We stayed 3 nights in Conrad Dalian, after the arrival of the following experience :

(1) The building of Dalian Conrad gives us the initial impression is LUXURY.
(2) The hotel's concierge service is satisfactory.
(3) Our rooms is deluxe Habour view, located on the 35th floor, superb vision, room clean and tidy, the size of room let us feel comfortable.
(4) Services in Executive Lounge on the 38th floor make impressive, staff are professional & experienced.
(5) We experienced problems during our stay, hotel securities and assistant manager on duty assist to resolve actively, the kind of attitude in handling affairs makes us feel satisfied.

Finally, I need to mention here is Ms. Nana Liu, a relations assistant manager she's very professional. A week before we arrive, she sent a welcome email to us, makes us feel very warm. This is the first time we have received such a welcome letter, highlighting your hotel's professional and customer focus.

If we come back to Dalian, we'll stay in Conrad again.

Room Tip: high floor with good view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tony M, Director of Operation at Conrad Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you so much for your great comments. We are truly delighted that you found Conrad Dalian a ““Unique Hotel, Excellent Service & Superb Staff”. The team was delighted to receive your comments and is very motivated. I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to beautiful Conrad Dalian soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hilton's Conrad Hotelsadds up to a great spot for our trip, beautiful environment, complete facilities, very comfortable, all service personnel especially administrative layer service personnel to provide the perfect service for us, let us deeply feel the object to be checked out, and unable to part from the child, has also been said to find the administrative layer's sister and aunt. Thank you for all employees of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Tony M, Director of Operation at Conrad Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you so much for your great comments. We are truly delighted that you found Conrad Dalian is “The Best Choice.” The team was delighted to receive your comments and much encouraged. I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our beautiful Conrad Dalian soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

1. poor breakfast 2. slow internet connection which will charge you about US dollars $20 per day 3. some guests taken cigarettes in the SPA room and the pool! 4. forgot my daughter's skirt in the room after checked out in the morning. Finally, I was told it was lost in the same evening.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for choosing Conrad Dalian for your recent visit. I was very disappointed to read of your negative experiences. Please be assured that we have noted the issue and hope you were satisfied with the action that our Asst Front Office Manager has taken. I will ensure the improvements are made. I hope I can welcome you back soon in future. Please contact me directly via hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com if you wish to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. It has a spectacular harbor view with quite and romantic atmosphere. It is located with tons of great viewing spots and close to restaurants and is just a fabulous place to spend some time.
If you are looking for a lavish lifestyle with cherished moments, Conrad can not be topped. I enjoyed staying at Ritz Carlton in Guangzhou and Four Seasons in Shenzhen. Nonetheless, this hotel stands out due to the skillful managers who run this hotel. In particular, we were greeted and welcomed by the wonderful guest relation and EF mgr Kajana Sivakumaran. Our food was assured to its best quality by the great Q&C mgr Sean Cho. Every single detail was taken care by the astonishing and skillful director of operations Hamid Naseem. This jewel-like work is orchestrated by the amazing and visionary general manager Tony Marrinan.
As a matter of fact, in Dalian, it is unfair to rate this hotel for only 5-stars as Shangri-La and Intercontinental, it is way better and enjoyable than them. Definitely, Conrad is a must stay in if you visit Dalian.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ahmad S
Tony M, General Manager at Conrad Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you so much for your great comments. We are truly delighted that you found Conrad Dalian “a fabulous place to spend some time.” The team was delighted to receive your comments and is very motivated. I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Conrad Dalian soon.

Tony Marrinan, General Manager, Conrad Dalian