Grand Hyatt Shenyang
  • Fitness centre
Nan Hu Hotel(Shenyang)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsil fornotop floorgreat hotelchinese restaurantnice poolwash your handsladies nightfloor to ceiling windowsice skatingshopping mallinterior designstar hotelhotel restaurantsfood courtgreat qualitybest hotel in townfood choices
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I recently stayed here for two nights as part of a business slash tourist trip to the area. It was my first trip to visit Shenyang, and I was surprised to see that it has a Grand Hyatt. Shenyang is relatively unknown in the USA, and it was enlightening to see that the Hyatt brand has invested in the city.

The first night saw dinner and some drinks at Fa'r on the top floor. The service was excellent as the bartender spoke excellent English and was able to meet and anticipate our needs. Wednesday is ladies night and ladies had free sparkling wine available to drink. The pizza from Il Forno was top notch as well the cocktails. Fa'r currently has a band from California that does cover songs on contact that plays everyday except one or two days out of the week. This is a definite stop for those staying at the hotel.

Two thumbs up goes to the concierge. They fully took care of booking train and air travel for us upon arrival. Despite some language issues, they took the time to completely understand our requirement and executed to a 'T'. Turn to them for any travel needs without hesitation during your stay.

One issue with the hotel is that they do not offer any currency exchange. This was a major inconvenience during my stay as the ATMs in the attached mall did not recognize my withdrawal card. The hotel suggested a bank down the street, which was closed. I had to take a taxi to a Bank of China branch a few blocks away to get the money exchanged. A hotel should be able to exchange currency for guests and this was a mark against this property for me.

I would also suggest that the downstairs shop 'Sugar Box' increase its coffee drink offerings. Either that or replace it with a Starbucks or similar type shop. Its coffee drink menu simply are not extensive enough to meet the sophisticated and demanding coffee tastes of international travelers these days.

There were some slight drawbacks with food service here and there, but when they happened, they bent over backwards to remedy the situation. It speaks volumes to their customer service attitude.

The hotel itself is well designed and presents a clean, sophisticated, and modern atmosphere. The rooms were excellent along with the Wi-Fi. From the lobby, there are sweeping views of the downtown area. I felt refreshed and good anytime I came back to the hotel from my day's activities.

I'll recommend this hotel to anyone that goes to Shenyang. Just make sure you bring enough RMB until they are able to fix that shortcoming!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Charles W, Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenyang, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Reviewer, warmest greetings from Grand Hyatt Shenyang and thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences and frustrations you experienced during your recent stay with us. Your comments on the currency exchange as well as the coffee service have been duly noted and some effective efforts would be taken to further enhancement. We are now under applying the currency exchange certificate from related admin organizations and believe that we can offer this service recently. We are also delighted when seeing your satisfaction with our hotel especially the Fa'r bar at the top and Concierge services. We are always focusing on providing you the best personalized services and we do hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here for a weekend to visit some friends in Shenyang. Shenyang has now some nice new hotels and the location direct at Mixc Mall is very good. The room was well decorated but some of the used material looks very sensitive or not quite right for the use in a hotel. When I was there it was all new, no idea how it will look like in some month. Hope the Management will do a professional maintenance.

The hotelrestaurant with italien food was very good, excellent service and very friendly also the bar is very nice and very popular.

I am not sure about the breakfast, the staff was in training and also the dishes. The selection was a bit strange and location of the food too. I wanted to have some bacon and cold cuts, I had to order it by a nice lady behind a counter. It took a long time, she was very very carefully. But I think with more training, it will be better.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Charles W, Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenyang, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Reviewer, thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor and for recommending Grand Hyatt Shenyang’s location, guestrooms, and dining experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to experience the unmatched personalized Service from totally new Grand Hyatt Shenyang, with array of Theme Party at the highest club in town with international live band and premium liquor, and the most authentic Italian cuisine experience with our Italian master chef, etc. Best wishes.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Truly impressive!
A real 5 star hotel, rooms, service, everything in line with the expectations.
The design and style is very minimalist and sober but highly classy.
The restaurant/breakfast not completely my taste but you can't please everyone.
All in all, reccomended!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Charles W, Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenyang, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Reviewer, thank you for your five-star rating and recommending Grand Hyatt Shenyang's design, guest room and customer service. We are very pleased to see your recommendations on Tripadvisor. We recently promote totaly new set menu at Xin Feng Tian restaurant and the excellent view from Fa'r Bar on 29F is also waiting for you here. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Best wishes.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

excellent hotel, well managed!! I will come back for sure in this hotel for my next trip in Shenyang. Special note to the FB staff at the breakfast! very friendly! I highly recommend this hotel for your trip in Shenyang!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Charles W, Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenyang, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Reviewer, , thank you so much for the five-star rating and recommendation on Grand Hyatt Shenyang. We are very pleased to inform you that many other guests are also thoroughly impressed with our Cafe Kitchen and invite you to enjoy other dinning experience with an array of signature dishes and promotions. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Best wishes.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Has been there for two days and nights and had a good time.
Nice room, with excellent bed, big bathroom with separate toilet (strange place).
Everything needed was available.
Excellent breakfast with almost to much choice...
Restaurants also great. We had dinner at Cuan (hotpot) and Il Forno (Italian)
And....visit Fa'r on the top floor, for a stunning view on the city.
In my opinion a real 5 star hotel!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer, thank you so much for the five-star rating and recommendation on Grand Hyatt Shenyang. We concentrate on providing you the accommodation more personal with everything, from extra pillows and hangers to a crib or coffeepot waiting upon arrival. The separated toilet is specially designed for convenient consideration. We look forward to serving you again during your next visit to Shenyang, also Easter goodies in Sugar Box is waiting for you here. Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Best wishes.