“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #9 of 1,113 Hotels in Jinan
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

An excellent hotel. I really enjoyed my staying. The rooms are amazing with a pillow menu and an in-room massage service which I reallu enjoyed along with a foot treatment. Friendly staff arranged my suitcase and booked my massage appointment. Yummy food especially the barbeque!!

• Stayed July 2013
Grand M, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine by ACCOR, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear LefkiPanteli,

Thank you for your highly comment, we are delighted that we have been able to achieve your fullest satisfaction and happiness. Your comment does motivate us to carry on with the philosophy – The Hotel with the Human Touch! We look forward to meet you during your next stay.

René Tobler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Writing this review from their breakfast cafe now. Free wifi available. In the lobby and in the rooms and very comfortable bedding with all amenities included! Showers are hot and strong and nicely decorated. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013
Grand M, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine by ACCOR, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear siimee,

Thank you for choosing to stay in the Grand Mercure and taken your time to comment us, your recognition of our hotel will motivate us to continue carry out our service philosophy - Hotel with Human Touch! We are looking forward to your next stay soon!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Arrived here and was surprised to find an acor property here!
Nice room although bathroom floor not as clean as I would have expected, hardly an issue though in China!
The room was quite with plenty of English speaking channels on the large flat screen tv.
Comfy bed and pillows too.
Well thought out bathroom/toilet area too.
Check in was relatively painless.
The bar was great with cold coronas and efficent and helpful bar staff.
The buffet though was Luke warm not hot as expected and mostly Chinese style good too, so if you are looking for some western style food for a break from Chinese good forget it!
Plenty of choices but all warm and running low on quantities at 7pm.
Still service friendly and efficient.
Hopefully I won't be back to this town again, however if I had to I would actually stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Grand M, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine by ACCOR, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Rod g,

Thank you very much for staying with Grand Mercure JInan Sunshine and take your time sharing you experience with us.

First of all, we are glad to see you are generally satisfied with our rooms and room facilities and our bar beverage and staff have been achieved your satisfaction. We would like to apologize for the disappointed experience in the buffet restaurant. our hotel have seriously take note of your suggestion and actually we are working on how to solve the issue now.

We are happy to hear you will stay in our hotel if you are in Jinan again, we would like you to experience our improvement in the buffet restaurant and also we would provide you the constancy Human Touch service during your next stay in our hotel!

Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed here just for one night while visiting friends in Jinan and I can only say good things about it. It is a large, modern hotel in the western part of the city with good facilities and spacious beautiful rooms with great amenities. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel is really a great mix of modern European and Chinese. Breakfast was outstanding with a wide choice of Western and Chinese drinks and food and if you have a chance I truly recommend the al fresco Chinese barbecue they have in the evenings (skewers & beers mixing with the locals)

Room Tip: Rooms on top floors have nice views
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Grand M, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine by ACCOR, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear ViaggiaBene,

Thank you for choosing to stay in the Grand Mercure hotel and taking your time to comment us, we are delighted to see our hotel have been achieved your satisfaction. and it is great that you enjoyed our breakfast and beer garden restaurant BBQ, thank you again and we looking forward to your next stay!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 May 2013

As an expat, living in a country where you speak very little of the local language, there are times when you just need to get away from your day-to-day life and experience a bit of pampering. The Grand Mercure Sunshine in Jinan knows a lot about pampering. When I realized that I forgot to pack my travel adapter for my laptop, I contacted guest services and they happily sent someone upstairs with one for me to use during my stay.

The view from my room was very nice. I was on the 20th floor and had a wonderful view of mountains. My room was clean and well-furnished. (Well, clean except that the toilet didn't appear to have been flushed by the last person to have used it, as the water was yellow.) It did take a bit to cool down the first day, but it was a hot day.

The bed was VERY comfortable. I am normally a very bad sleeper; I toss and turn most of the night. The bed was so comfortable that I slept straight through the night and felt wonderfully rested upon waking. The huge walk-in shower was also nice, though it did leak out a bit from the bottom of the glass door and "flood" the bathroom (which thankfully had a drain in the floor, in an inconspicuous location, so it wasn't an issue).

While the staff don't speak native-quality English, they certainly speak it well enough for me to be understood and for me to understand them. There was never a situation where communication was a problem. Considering that Jinan isn't a world-class city with a huge expat population, it was a very pleasant surprise. The concierge was always happy to find a taxi for me and let the driver know where I wanted to go.

The hotel is quite near Harmony Plaza (which is a great shopping mall that should appeal to most Western shoppers) - easily walkable, if you're inclined, or a cheap 8RMB taxi ride. Still quite near, though far less walkable, is the impressive Wanda Plaza (a six floor shopping mall with cinema and Tesco - though don't get too excited by Tesco because it is simply another Chinese hypermarket, only it bears the name and brand of the English store, they have less imported foods than an Inzone market) which is about 12-13RMB (about $2USD) by taxi. Quancheng Square (where I usually spend most of my time in Jinan) is probably a little bit further than Wanda Plaza, but not by much. Regardless of where you want to do your shopping, the hotel staff WILL understand where you want to go and WILL let the taxi driver know where to take you. If you don't speak much Chinese, make sure you have a hotel business card (or the room key folder) when you want to return, because the taxi drivers really don't speak English. I don't know how far the hotel is from the train station(s) or airport, but I know it's less than 20RMB by taxi from the long-distance bus station.

The breakfast buffet (included in rate) was a nice blend of Western and Chinese - while none of it was OMG amazing, it was all quite edible and filling. There was a selection of juices, milks, teas, and even decent, strong coffee. They had a number of cold cereals as well as congee, plus yogurts, fruits, danishes, croissants (plain and chocolate) and toast (white, raisin, and wheat). If you prefer a hot meal, they also had bacon, potatoes, eggs (boiled), and a variety of other items (including Chinese dishes).

Their dinner buffet was, by Chinese standards, quite expensive, but it was only about $20 USD and it was pretty decent. To not have to go back out and find somewhere to eat, it was certainly worth it. Again, they had a variety of Asian and Western dishes - salads, seafood, sushi, jiaozi, Chinese buns, pot roast, pork, veggies, etc. In addition to the prepared foods, they also offered cook-to-order grilled meats and pastas.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Grand M, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine by ACCOR, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear Ms.Pamela,

I would like to express my sincere appreciation from Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine team as for taking your time writing your kind comment that we have shared among all our team.

From everyone at the Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine, we feel particularly delighted and honer about your personal commentary during your recent stay.

We are glad to see our hotel and dining have been achieved your satisfaction and you have a nice sleep during your stay, and aslo it is great you enjoyed the view from the room, we do hope to welcoming you back soon here so that we have the opportunity to assist you to explore more wonderful attractions Jinan beside shooping malls.

Your comment about our service does motivate us to carry on with our training programs as well to carry on with the philosophy – The Hotel with the Human Touch!

Thank you again for your time, we looking forward to your next arrival in Jinan with us.

With best regards.