“Very good choice in Jinan”

Hyatt Regency Jinan
Ranked #5 of 1,109 Hotels in Jinan
Bangkok, Thailand
“Very good choice in Jinan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

This is a rather new hotel and the room is big and comfortable. However even though I was in a Club room (Hyatt promotion in this period) the Club was not yet operating and I cannot even print an e-ticket and they told me to go to the Business Center where I will be obviously charge for that.

I’ve found this to be not so right, so if you do not have Club facilities, then they should not offer the promotion for the property in Jinan in the first place.

The coffee shop set-up was also weird. During breakfast you cannot get the fruit on your own as it is behind a glass, so you need to ask the server to put in the plate for you. This was annoying at most and overall I’ve found that food selection was not that good.

Their buffet at dinner, was not cheap and the selection also not as impressive as you can get in Shangri-La or Intercontinental Hotels (no cheese at all in offer?), so not a good choice to have considering that you have a very good shopping mall next door, Wanda Plaza with many restaurants in their 3rd and 4th floor, so better go there to have a much cheaper meal and many options to choose. And you also have a Lotus hypermarket in the basement too !

Room Tip: Before you pay for a Club room, make sure it is already in operation.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt for three nights in early November. Although it had just opened (apparently I was the first person to use the pool - ever!) I had a great experience. These things particularly impressed me:

Service: Okay, the hotel was almost empty but the service I received throughout my stay was exemplary. I felt particularly welcome in the Regency Club lounge, spa and lobby lounge.

Room: The club room wasn't huge, but had a very comfy bed, iPod dock, free wifi and so on.

Food: I had the evening buffet twice and loved it. Everything was cooked perfectly and the desserts were fabulous. Price (198RMB++) wasn't too bad either.

Facilities: I loved the extra long pool and genuinely hot hot tub.

Location: The hotel is within walking distance of the train station and sights such as Baotu Spring. There is also a Starbucks and huge Tesco two minutes away. For Jinan West station you'll need to take a taxi though (roughly 35RMB).

Price: I only paid 800RMB per night!

In short, if you are travelling to Jinan I can't see why you'd choose any other hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

I was invited for a product launch and the organizer arranged me to stay in this hotel. Last time I stayed in Jinan was in 2004 and at that time I stayed in Crowne Plaza and would have done the same again if I had to arrange it myself.

Luckily I didn't! Directly when entering the hotel I was impressed with the cleanliness of the lobby and efficiency of the staff. I really like their check-in counter, where laptops are being used and people are at the same level instead of always looking down on the computer below them.

The room was clean and spacious and the shower wonderful, one of the key things for me when staying in a hotel. Only issue I had in the room was the noise from the corridor, Housekeeping wasn't always that quiet with talking loudly on their telephones.

The atmosphere of the bar/lounge looked very nice, only no guests except for us at the beginning. Prices are a bit steep though, even more expensive than in Beijing. But have to say that the cocktails very very generous in terms of alcohol. Also the temperature was a bit cold but luckily the warm service of Betty compensated that.

Next time when staying in Jinan I will definitely choose Hyatt Regency again, simply because it is clean, new and friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

Stayed for 3 Nights in December. Great location. New Building, Hotel opened in September 2011. Standard Room in the 19th floor. Spacious Room, extraordinary Bed, nice Bathroom. Its a bit like a small Maze with all the turns and corners and doors but I mean this in a positive way. Ipod-docking Station next to the Bed and free Wifi in the entire Hotel which is a nice touch.
Check-In and -Out was fast and without issues. Once my Card didn´t work so I changed it. Didn´t work again so I was a bit upset and went back to the Front-Desk where Kent the FO Manager took care of the Situation. He checked, fixed and came with me upstairs to make sure it will work. Came again 10 min later with an "emergency Room-Card" and a Bottle of red as a apology. Very nice touch. Hotel is not cheap but the Hyatt-guys know how to take care of the Guests. Breakfast Buffet is of outstanding Quality. Thanks hereby to the Pastry Chef Wendy and the Executive Chef Derek who are doing an excellent Job. I stayed in many Hyatts and if they would be all like that, it would be a blessing. Seriously hard to believe they just opened. Everything is working excellent: Front Desk - Rooms - Food!
When I´m back in Jinan I will definetely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business