“So so”

Hyatt Regency Jinan
Ranked #6 of 1,162 Hotels in Jinan
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Most of the staff can speak in English. Shopping is just in walking distance from hotel. Hyatt itself locate at Wanda Shopping Center. WiFi service & lan internet cable is available in room, but no good . Breakfast is very good. specially vegetable and salad .Taxi is some problem.

Room Tip: Taxi is some problem. Lobby is cold.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank David H
Andy C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Jinan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your encouragement on the varieties of our breakfast and its taste. I have also taken note of your feedback on the taxi and shared with my Concierge team to look into it. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Hotel is of top quality and the staff were extremely helpful. We ate at the hotel at the market restrauant and had a lovely buffet meal. Room service was good and quite reasonably priced. Only criticism was that surprizingly for january our room was toohot and air con was turned off for winter. Eventually given a different room which was actually more conveinient. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Andy C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Jinan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for all the encouraging comments you gave us on our food and facilities as well. We will also look into the temperature issue in the room and strive to exceed our guests' expectation. I apologized for the inconvenience that might have caused you and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Passing through town to see a cousin, one night stay, the restaurant was good where we ate dinner & breakfast at. Seemed that most guests were under 40 years old business crowd. Room was glass walled type.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Andy C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Jinan, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear Reviewer,

We are glad that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for all the encouraging comments you gave us on our location, food and facilities as well. We will strive to maintain our best service and facilities to exceed our guests' expectation. Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in their Hyatt Jinan for more than one year as a long stay. Previously I have stayed in Sheraton Jinan for more than two years.

All in all the Hyatt is a really great hotel with a great buffet restaurant, tasty Chinese restaurant, a great gym and swimming pool, and good facilities. Rooms are comfortable and modern, the media facilities are really up-to-date. The club lounge area has good food and dining facilities. As long stay guest, the hotel and its staff has made me feel at home and made me feel very comfortable.

Hotel staff is very friendly and attentive. If problems do occur they are quickly managed and solved.

The hotel lies in the city centre of Jinan close to famous spots and tourist attractions. These are in walking distance.

Only problem with the hotel is the entrance which is often populated by street vendors making it difficult to access the hotel with a vehicle. Also during the week if a hotel is full they might not be sufficient parking in the underground. As I longstay guest however, the hotel provided me with my own parking place. I really much appreciated this.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Andy C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Jinan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Wow, what a review! Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a complimentary and detailed review of our hotel and highlighting so many unique features and services.
I believe you have noticed the better access to the hotel these days after our feedback to government authority on the street vendors.

We wish you all the best in the Year of Horse in Jinan.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Initially skeptical when I was advised I had been booked into the hotel for a 5 week extended stay given I have had my fill of extended stays in large brand name hotels.
This hotel was a revelation, the staff without exception are excellent and, when I got to meet the General Manager, it was evident he was the reason behind this, he leads his ship from the front and is very much a "people person" with an eye for the smallest detail.
The room was comfortable and well equipped with the in house restaurants serving a good variety of Asian and Western food. Location is very good and Wanda Plaza is on the doorstep. The health club has a comprehensive range of equipment with an excellent 32 meter pool.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel especially for extended stays as the attitude and approach of the staff do make it feel like a home from home.
Well done Andy and Team, hope to stay again in 2014.

Room Tip: Higher floor front of hotel. Turn the A/C to vent otherwise it can get a little warm in the room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Andy C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Jinan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Wow, what a review! Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a complimentary and detailed review of our hotel and highlighting so many unique features but the most important- our associates who delivered the authentic hospitality to the daily life of our guests!

We look forward to welcoming you back again in year 2014.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed there four days in October with my cousin on his business trip to Jinan.
We chose it because it's less than ten minutes walk to his office and he saw this as one of the the newest international hotel nearby.

I cannot comment about the location as I did not go out much during the few days. But next to it (less than 100m) There is a mall, cinema and Tesco supermarket. There are many modestly mid-range restaurants so dining is convenient.

The hotel lobby is huge and outshine other Hyatt hotels I ever seen in other Asian cities.
The rooms are very big relative to rooms in other Asian metropolitan cities like Spore and HK.
The rooms are clean and of comparable standard to other 5 stars hotels in Beijing or Shanghai.
But don't expect that of Singapore or HK standard as you only pay maybe 1/3 of the price in Singapore or HK.

We had a buffet dinner with a group of 5-6 people in the lobby café. It has very wide range of choice. But the standard is not comparable to those in Singapore or HK. But the price is unlike the room rate, it could be half the price if not more than those of that in Singapore or HK. So dining in the café was not really a good choice as you can try those restaurants in the mall. They serve relatively cheap but tastier food from a Chinese perspective. Westerners may have very different view.

One of the most unhappy experience was the room temperature was relatively high. As we stayed in a room that was facing the afternoon sun, the temperature in the room is 24-26 C (as recorded by the controller) while outside was merely 18-20 C

I complained to the front desk. After talking to three or four different people, I was frustrating as they gave totally different reasons for the high temperature in the room. One of their strategy was to ask me to change room. I was reluctant as I think the high temperature was due to the shut down of aircon or temperature setting. To be honest, I have experienced this many times in China other cities. Finally a lobby manager Andres Song came to pacify me by promising to lower the room temperature if I allow him two hours. Good enough the temp drop to 22-23 two hours later. But the temperature went up again in the night.

I complained to the hotel again the next day. Frustration came on again after several people gave me different replies. I demanded to see Andres Song again as he was responsible and able to help the previous day. This time Andres suggested I changed to a room that doesn't face the afternoon sun. I was reluctant but I finally agreed as the temperature in the room was high at 26 C.

After I changed the room, Andres apologized the inconvenience and offered us some dining benefits in the hotel for the remaining days we stayed in hotel.

I wrote this to compliment Andres as he was passionate, polite. His sincerity in compensating us was able to turn a pretty unpleasant situation due to hardware to a soothing one.

The food in The Regency Club floor was a lot better than those not so cheap buffet in the café.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Sarah W, EAM-Rooms at Hyatt Regency Jinan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Jinan.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us on Trip Advisor and for highlighting our location, room as well as the services and facilities we have.

I hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Sarah Wang
Sarah Wang 王宏艳
Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms房务部行政总监

HYATT REGENCY JINAN 济南万达凯悦酒店
187 Jingsi Road, Jinan, Shandong Province 250001, P. R. China
中国济南市市中区经四路187号, 邮编:250001
T: + 86 531 8828 1234 M: 135 7312 9968 F: +86 531 87781234 E: sarah.wang@hyatt.com

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Hyatt Jinan is in a good location. Staff are very nice and helpful. Good sized room and bathroom with nice amenities. Had an issue with a light that would not turn off completely (reading light over the bed) and couldn't seem to get it fixed (after repeated requests). Ended up disconnecting it ourselves. The restaurant is pretty good. Has a nice variety but rotation is minor from day to day so repeated visits are a bit boring. Used the business center for train ticket purchase which was perfectly handled. Used the spa for a massage which was nice (although I didn't realize at the time that the massage I had booked utilized 'scraping' OUCH!). Biggest issue was the temperature - in the room, gym, hallways, etc. The gym was set at 25/26 - way too warm for a comfortable workout. Thermostat in room was set to not go below 22 - so felt like stale air. Finally had engineering adjust it so we could get it down to 19/20 for more comfort. Staff also brought a fan at our request. Overall the Hyatt is nice; one of the nicer ones I've stayed in. However, the beds are a bit too hard (more Chinese style) and the pillows too flat so sleep wasn't that great. Probably wouldn't stay again unless there was a great deal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah W, EAM-Rooms at Hyatt Regency Jinan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Jinan.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us on Trip Advisor and for highlighting our Room, Restaurant, Spa as well as the services and facilities we have.

I hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Sarah Wang
Sarah Wang 王宏艳
Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms房务部行政总监

HYATT REGENCY JINAN 济南万达凯悦酒店
187 Jingsi Road, Jinan, Shandong Province 250001, P. R. China
中国济南市市中区经四路187号, 邮编:250001

____________________________________________________________________________
THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT: Please consider the environment before printing this email.

2012 China Travel & Meeting Industry Award “Business Hotel of the Year”
2012中国旅游业界奖“年度最佳商务酒店”
2012 Travel & Leisure Annual Award “The Best Business Hotel”
2012旅游休闲杂志“最佳商务酒店"