“Highly recommend for business or travel”

InterContinental Jinan City Center
Ranked #2 of 1,109 Hotels in Jinan
shanghai, china
“Highly recommend for business or travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The renovation of this hotel is absolutely stunning. I stayed here 3 years ago and the difference between then and now is nothing short of dramatic.

The lobby is filled with natural daylight from the atrium above and the layout is the most beautiful of any Crowne Plaza that I've stayed in China.

I usually travel for business in China but on this visit I was with my family and we all had a wonderful stay in the well appointed and very attractive room. Room size was more than ample for our family of 4. The rate was very reasonable as well.

All of the staff were very professional, helpful, and friendly as people from Shandong province are known for.

I give this hotel a "two thumbs" up!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tmaxmeta
FlorianHeiner, General Manager at InterContinental Jinan City Center, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear tmaxmeta,

Many thanks for your recent stay with us, the time and kind comment, the generous and positive recommendation about your excellent experience at the Crowne Plaza Jinan City Center.
It is great to receive your kind feedback about our impressive natural sun lighted grant lobby design and that you have mentioned the changes we have made as it had been a complex transformation into a complete new sophisticated and unique classic grand design concept to create the feel for innovative elements blended and touching on all aspects for our brand new exterior and interior styling for a seamless flow into a upscale contemporary and for innovative energy creation.
And appreciated for highlighting our spacious rooms and actually in average the largest in the City with over 58sm2 in size.
Especially we are delighted you have recognized our engaged ladies and gentlemen who did provide a seamless service during your stay with us.
Your kind remark does have a wonderful impact, especially when our guest recognizes these. We do regular feedback on all our guest comments among our functional team leaders and their individual contributions through our people.
My team and I we are looking forward to warmly welcome you back soon and to introduce you more exciting life style outlets to come to stimulate with a seamless service attention.

Florian Heiner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

this hotel is one of the better crowne plaza i have stayed at. Have been all over China and this hotel rates very well the room was great the the fit out and presentation of the hotel was well done.
The staff were to happy to help with anything you needed the only down side for me was i was only there for one night to short a stay to enjoy the hotel and all the surrounding areas.
If business brings me back to Jinan will be coming back to this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank david h
FlorianHeiner, General Manager at InterContinental Jinan City Center, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear David H.

Many thanks for your time and kind remarks.
We are very delighted about your overall experience at Crowne Plaza Jinan City Center.
Especially that our people did well engage to assure seamless service quality and affirmation during your stay in Jinan City.
It is our wish to welcoming you back soon again for an extended visit in Jinan City with us as to fully enjoy most of our outlets either for an exquisite fine dining culinary experience or to take a visit at our newly opened Roof Top Garden with a panoramic view overlooking the City Skyline and Buddha Mountain Scenery where you able to casual relax with draft beers, fine wines and a delicious BBQ lifestyle after a long business day.

Many thanks again and please feel free to get directly in touch with me on your next travel arrangement.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here in May 2014 and must say the hotels design is fantastic. This only opened (reopened) Jan 2014. Rooms are great - well fitted and spacious. The location - city centre - means lots to see and shops/restaurants nearby. Taxis` are a bit hard to get and they wont drop you at door unless you insist as its difficult for them. The staff are really helpful and I have only praise for them, especially the guy at the door who stood for 10mins trying to get me a taxi! Only had breakfast - which was fine - so cant really comment on food. Late checkout, so I could get an evening flight, wasn't a problem for reception either. Really recommend this for business or pleasure - i have stayed several hotels in Jinan, but this is the best in the city.

1 Thank Paul M
FlorianHeiner, General Manager at InterContinental Jinan City Center, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Paul M.

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time and kind remarks.
We are delighted for mentioning our doorman service in particular being well engaged and helpful. Our aim is to provide high- end classic contemporary hotel facilities delivered by our team of empowered passionate and service minded people with attention to detail from heart to make the stay a complete experience.
We apologize and sympathize with you for the inconvenience that you have encountered waiting for the taxi and your kind alerts have been documented and certainly looked into for solutions and actions.
We are looking forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back soon again and having the chance to experience our extended choice of fine culinary as well.
Please feel free to get in touch with me on your next visits to Jinan City.

Many thanks again.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

On my second stay I the hotel, I was again taken back by the beautiful design and workmanship of the hotel and just as important. the excellent service provided by its staff. From the janirorial staff to the management, everyone greets you with a warm smile and ni hao. This beautiful hotel is enhanced by an excellent cooking staff which is led by a French trained award winning chef. Food service is equaly impressive and special. The location of the hotel is excellent and the best if you are visiting JiNan City.

Room Tip: Select a room with a view of the Sping City Park so you can watch the acitivities during the day and...
1 Thank sakodaesq
FlorianHeiner, General Manager at InterContinental Jinan City Center, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear sakodaesq,

We are delighted to have you frequently back at the Crowne Plaza Jinan City Center and do appreciated your valuable time for your kind remarks.
Our entire team feels encouraged that we have provided an excellent stay experience again. As you have kindly indicated our newly designed contemporary hotel tower and outlets, impressive fine culinary choices.
Especially it is very heartening that you have highlighted our people warm service and engagement.
Thank you very much again and we are looking forward to having you back soon again for an extended seamless service and rejuvenation at Crowne Plaza Jinan City Center.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I`ve encountered a great service, very friendly and helpful staff, excellent fine dining experience, a nice overall hotel ambiance, nice room design with a comfortable bed for an immediate well being. I`m sure I`ll come back.

1 Thank Leonore A
FlorianHeiner, General Manager at InterContinental Jinan City Center, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Leonore A.

Many thanks for your time and kind comments. We are delighted about your experience at the Crowne Plaza Jinan City center has met within your expectations. We kindly appreciated you have mentioned the seamless service provided by our teams, the excellent fine dining and overall ambience at our complete new reconstructed upscale Grand Hotel lobby and tower extension with its fine collection of luxury rooms and suites. We are glad that you have kindly mentioned the comfortable bed and well being -restoration and rejuvenation.
Your kind remark does have a positive impact, especially when our guest do recognize this and as we do regular feedback all our guest comments among all our people and its functional teams.
We are looking forward to welcoming your back soon again.

Center
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is mostly about its grand design. The exterior, the entrance and the rooms are top notch for aesthetic pleasantness and execution of builders (these two factors don't always go in hand).
Positive: large spaces, fine food, excellent club floor rooms, with large space, large bathroom and very fine lights. Truly a reference design for modern hotels.
(personally, I think that the 7th floor lobby lacks the charisma of the other locations I mentioned -it looks to me a bit anonymous)
Negative: room was not on the road, so I didn't hear cars that much. However some early morning loud works did spoil my night. Maybe a courtyard looking room is a safer choice.

I experienced a tragic-comic situation with Service:
I wanted in room dining and called the dedicated number. The person who answered didn't seem very confident with English. At the third time I asked for "no Garlic" and got a "Yes", she added: "can you please spell it?". No chanches to go forward with menu selection -she was lost. She introduced to me a colleague who started asking to spell "Starter". I called the Room Service -also lost- who actually had a good idea, by sending me a person to get the order.
Sadly, another member of the staff rang first: a just-eaten-Garlic, persistently insisting lady (from now on 'Garlic Lady') who brought three nice pieces of fruit and wanted at all costs to enter in the room. I was in my bath rob and told her to stay out. Also language signs were lost in translation. I showed irritation when she pushed and came close to my face -kissing truly was not an option for me. She indicated the plate holding the fruit. I took the fruits and gave her back the plate. She refused it, indicating a desk. And then, a young guy sent for room service arrived -I lost the pressure on the hand holding my door, so Garlic Lady smiled as she could sneak through and pick from a desk an empty plate and take it with her. No chance to steal the ball from her -the referee would have lifted the red card.
The young man was confident, precise and speaking good English. He repeated twice my order just to make me feel comfortable, but it was clear he was "hands on".
It all took energy, time and good humor out of me. I was pleased by getting a small extra on the trail, since it had taken a bit long. The food was very good, matching the five stars expectations (truly a high price for China, as you'd expect). All happy: me with the food, Garlic lady with the plate.
The morals of the story:
- fine hotels like this one do have comprehensible difficulties to hire English speaking people in Jinan.
- In this hotel Service deserves good evaluation because it's absolute clear that they try their best. Some simply can't understand the language.
- McEnroe tantrums are useless if they can't be appreciated in their language. I avoided them and suggest to do the same (the smiling face of Garlic Lady when she got the plate was truly innocent and I calmed myself assuming she would have been punished if she hadn't taken it)
- Suggestion for improvement: It would be easier if the room menu had numbers to order the single items and the related options: it would make it simple for both parties.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road can be noisy but only depending on which side of the building you are in. The...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
FlorianHeiner, General Manager at InterContinental Jinan City Center, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Hedin

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and taking your valuable time for kind and sincere comments.
We are very delighted as you have described the hotels contemporary design concept with its aesthetic interior, stylish and fine large rooms settings with actually 58sm2 in average, the largest rooms in the city. We have re-opened and transformed this upgraded Crowne Plaza exterior/interior urban design concept with an entire reconstructed upscale tower extension and interconnected to an extended high end luxury fashion branded life style shopping complex. Some works may still being undertaken as to continuously extend and upgrade our hotel facilities and additional room inventory.
Thank you for indicating your fine culinary experience during your stay with us as we provide continental and Pan Asian all day dining culinary outlets with live cooking stations and a high ceiling Atrium lounge at our bright sun lighted Grand lobby with elegant high tea and fine dining surrounded by water features and natural green trees.

My entire management team and associates does sympathize with you and taken note about the comic pitfall and does especially thank for your kind alert and sense of humor and the advise to enhance communication and language barriers as you have encountered during your stay. This will aid us in striving to make ourselves better and we are fully engaged to enhance our attention to quality and personalized service attitude with extended skills and knowledge trainings, empowerment culture as to assure a lifestyle and ambience with seamless services, affirmation and rejuvenation.

We do feel encouraged as you have mentioned our engaged service team which does strive for a warm friendly environment with service from heart with its exciting new product in contemporary classic ambience. We have shared your generous message among all our people as it really does inspire us with positive energy, passion and confidence serving our guests every day.

We do wish to welcoming you soon again in person and to have the opportunity to introduce you more exciting outlets to come and to show you together the changes we have made for a complete and flawless stay experience.

Please feel free to get in touch with me for future bookings. Florian.Heiner@ihg.com

Many thanks again.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

It was my pleasure to be a guest at this wonderful hotel.all the staff were extremely helpful and could not do enough to make my stay perfect. Whilst there were minor inconveniences because of the works being done the staff took care of our every need, from changing & upgrading room to booking and collecting train tickets. I ate at the upstairs restaurant, beef connoisseur was the menu. A delightful meal with the most delicious dessert I've eaten, lemon grass infused jelly with mascarpone and coffee layers .... Included a visit from both the chef and the general manager, Florian, who both had a genuine interest in my experience. Rooms are clean, roomy, modern and as I said the service excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard H
FlorianHeiner, General Manager at InterContinental Jinan City Center, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Mr. Richard H.

Thank you very much for taking your time for your kind remarks. Our teams here are always hope that our guests enjoy a wonderful stay and to find opportunities to extend guest experience beyond expectations. We are indeed greatly honored and delighted about mentioning our engaged Front desk and Concierge teams and of course Chef Charlie and his kitchen team with his fine dining connoisseur creations. Crowne Plaza Jinan City Center does strive for a warm friendly environment with service from heart with its exciting new product in contemporary classic ambience.

We have shared you generous message among all our people as it really does inspire our entire teams with positive energy, passion and confidence serving our guests every day.

We wish to welcoming you soon again in person and to introduce with my team more outlets to come and for extended delicious culinary.