“Very good hotel with great staff and service!”

Wyndham Hotel Qingdao
Ranked #5 of 1,645 Hotels in Qingdao
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very good hotel with great staff and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

The hotel is very conveniently located - just a 10-minute from the airport. Great starting point if you go to a "must-visit" Laoshan Mountain - just a 30-minute drive or to one of the few good Golf courses (in-fact this hotel has their own driving range!).
Very friendly staff, great food, especially the Korean BBQ restaurant and a very nice bar/lounge in the main lobby with very pleasant live music to enjoy. Cocktails in the bar were great and the staff were very professional, polite and friendly. The breakfast and the evening canapees & drinks in the Executive lounge were a superb treat and are worth much more than the supplement you pay to upgrade to the Executive room or suite. Great pool and there is a Korean type SPA attached to the hotel with some of the best foot & body massages I have ever experienced in China - and at very reasonable prices.
Despite the fact the hotel is a little away from the down-town or the beach, the entry to the motorway going towards the beach and the down town is less than 5 minutes drive and the trip to the beach only takes 20 minutes or so. ANd for shopping lovers there is a brand new shopping mall with more than 100 shops and some McDs, KFC, Pizza Hut and cafes just a 5 minute walk away,
One thing my family and I can't compliment enough is their beds - SO COMFORTABLE!
And the warm chocolate cookie you receive at check-in is something that makes you remember their hospitality!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Golf Driving Range are quiter but the the ones facing the main street have the view...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PPinBJ
ChrisRHilton, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear guest, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. Thanks for the nice comments and feedback, we are happy to receive your positive remarks. I will share your comments with our team, and strive to continue improving our service and facilities. Ofcourse if you see any areas in which we can improve, please also let us know. Thank you again, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

Another very pleasant stay here, rooms are extremely comfortable, great shower and toiletries. The breakfast is very impressive with all tastes and variety catered for. The staff are very helpful and Mr Simon Fu very attentive. Reception provided me with a WIFI router as I do not use a plugin which was perfect. Room service could not have been better and the swimming pool and spa is very inviting after a long day. If its on when you are here try the outdoor BBQ, worth the visit. Chris thanks for the chat and best wishes. The lobby bar serves a awesome cold latte, give it a try. I feel that this hotel is of a very high standard and one that I look forward to when in this area. Thank you to all the staff from the concierge to the lady that pours the breakfast coffee, they go the extra mile, great hospitality and efficiency. Well done.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thanks very much for choosing to stay with us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. We are all very happy to receive your comments and thank you for the positive & kind remarks, and ofcourse have already shared your comments with Simon. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please contact me anytime should I be of further assistance: Chris.roberts@hilton.com Ph; +8615966888001
Bideford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

This hotel desrves to be better known to stay near the airport. Choose a Garden View room and this hotel is amazingly quiet. Well furnished rooms, good free internet. Restaurant food adequate but you would not come here just for the food.

Room Tip: upgrade to the Executive floor which includes breakfast, often cheaper than a lower room plus breakf...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Rod, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. We are very happy to receive your comments and thank you for the positive remarks. We will share your comments with our team, and as always strive to continue improving our service and facilities. Thank you again, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

The hotel is almost new, big rooms, modern setting, and a fine comfortable bed.

Separate shower and bath, and good water pressure in the shower.

Internet is free with reasonable bandwidth.

English of the staff is OK, and service is good.

Located near airport, so if you don’t need the city, that the place to stay.

There is only one small issue that should be fixed. The curtains are insufficient, not blocking sun. So if you want to get a nap during the day, you have a problem.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank nomad6022
ChrisRHilton, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear guest, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. We are happy to receive your comments and thank you for the positive remarks and feedback. I am sorry to hear that the curtains were not effective, this is the first time I have come accross this as an issue, as our rooms are normally a total 'black-out', so I will check your room, perhaps there was a problem. Regardless, I will share your comments with our team, and strive to continue improving our service and facilities. Thank you again, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

My sister, father and I were on our first trip to China and travelling on our own without knowing any one in Qingdao. It was of great comfort to us to be picked up at the airport by hotel staff. We were thrilled with our very clean and comfortable rooms, excellent service from the staff and free breakfast buffet. Most of all, Colin, at the concierge's desk, provided outstanding service. We had minimal skills in Putonghoa. He knew some English but, with a combination of the two languages and his willingness to take the time and care to help us throughout our three-day stay, we were able to plan and complete our outings to all the sights we wanted to see in Qingdao. Thank you, Doubletree, for making our first trip to China a success!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank gmegtan
Dear guest, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. We are happy to receive your comments and thank you for the positive remarks, especially about Colin at Concierge, I will share your comments and 'Thanks' with him and the team. As always we strive to continue improving our service and facilities so your positive comments really help. Thank you again, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have stayed at many hotels in China, some I would rather forget and they have had Western titles etc but this hotel is different. i was very impressed with the actual venue, the rooms are more than you could ask for and quite affordable. the service is were i must give note. Everything was catered for but i must make mention of the management. The ATM in the foyer swallowed my card, this is at 23h00 and i am leaving the next day. Now this would have taken longer to sort out in my own country...they contacted the bank and the next day my card was handed to the maneger while i was in meetings and waiting for me on my return to check out. The bar in the foyer is a nice place to relax after a long day and meet some very interesting people - no not the kind that charge!
The Mac Donalds across the road was welcome, spend enough time in deep China and you will learn to appreciate MCD...haha. I will stay here again and can honesty recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank CK444
Dear Christos, thank you again for choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. Thanks very much for your comments, and it was our pleasure to assist with the bank card problem. I know only too well how concerning it is if an ATM swallows your card while in a foreign country! As always I will share your comments with our team, and we will continue to strive to improve our service and facilities. Thank you again, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I've stayed in a number of Doubletree hotels over the years and this is the best by some distance! I took an Executive Floor Room for 1 night using points, a bargain at just over 15000 honors points. While I forget the cost for the same room if paying cash, regular rooms were available for around £50, which I would also consider a bargain. The service was outstanding throughout, extremely welcoming and accommodating without being imposing. In contrast to other reviewers, the standard of english of the staff was high (which might have something to do with staying on the Executive Floor?) The real highlight was the room: spacious, beautifully furnished, and with an outstanding bathroom with both bath and large walk-in shower. The bathroom is separated from the main room by thick glass which allows one to watch the TV from the bath (blinds are also provided for privacy if desired) and gives the whole room a feeling of spatiousness. The Executive Lounge happy hour and free breakfasts fully justified the extra cost (in this case about 2000 points extra, so a no-brainer.) The location is great for the airport (20 RMB taxi). The only real negative was the internet, which was fairly slow (not out of line with what is generally available in China) and, more disappointingly, only wired (unless I missed something). Nevertheless, the hotel excelled in every other respect and I will definitely return if flying through Qingdao in the future. High recommended!!!

Room Tip: Grab a room on the Executive Floor if the cost to upgrade is not too steep.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank nadwocean
ChrisRHilton, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear guest, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. We are naturally happy to receive your comments and thank you for the positive remarks. I will share your comments with our team, and strive to continue improving our service and facilities. FYI - we do have free public WIFI in all public areas of the hotel, and the Executive Lounge. As for the rooms, we are in process of upgrading this, and can arrange WIFI in your room on request. Thank you again, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.