“Excellent Stay and Great Value of Time spend !”

Wyndham Hotel Qingdao
Ranked #7 of 1,694 Hotels in Qingdao
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had a spellbound stay in this Hotel at Qingdao; very comfortable and enjoyed even thought I stay for less than 24 hours. But overall fantastic experience, I ever had with any Hotel during my abroad travel !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Thank Foramkumar Jash... S
Patrick L, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay and we are delighted that you enjoyed your hotel experience and that our team provided you with the kind of service you expect from the DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. I’ll be sure to share your comments with our entire team to continue strive for “Create A Rewarding Experience” by offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to you. We are looking forward to your return in the near future! Best regards, General Manager Patrick Liu

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The location of this hotel is outside of the city and there is a bit of drive to get to the town. I did stayed a this location 3 years ago and the biggest difference that I notice are the things in this hotel are wearing off. There is a lots of traffic in this hotel because of the competitive pricing it offers so don't expect four season type of quality.
Service is good, room and bathroom is not so clean. Morning breakfast buffet offers very minimal options but again, one can't expect to have everything for such a great price of the stay.
Would i stay here again? For business, I stay no more than one night.
PS . Not much view surround the building, lots of construction.

Room Tip: Good value.. Doesn't matter which room you pick, all the same. Maybe you want higher floor due t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was the last night after 3 nights in Qingdao. I chose this hotel because it is near to airport, and its name value.

1. After check-in, I asked concierge to book airport shuttle 07:30 next day. However, at the next day morning, the bus arrived at the hotel about 7:40 after we asked to concierge 3 times from 07:20. The shuttle was dirty and stinky.

2. The spa (operated by other, not by hotel) was good enough. Hotel provides two free coupons.

3. We dropped at the lobby bar for some drinks. I and my wide ordered Qingdao beer, and ordered hot choco and sprite for my kids. The waitress recommended Qingdao draft beer which was more expensive than bottled beer, and I accepted. But, if I tasted correctly, it was bottled beer poured in draft beer glass. I'm beer lover, and tasted all kinds of Qingdao beers everyday after I arrived at Qingdao. But because there is no evidence, I did not complain.
When we were finishing drinks at the lobby bar, I found Fri/Sat promotion sign (it was Sat night) which was not explained by the waitress when we order. It said 'Buy 1, get 1 free for all drink with complimentary snack.....'.
I told this promotion to the waitress when I was paying, but she said it is only for wine and liquor.
If her explanation is correct, the hotel cheated because the promotion sign showed 'all drinks'. Or, the waitress lied.

4. There were some mosquitoes in the room. I and my family were suffered from the mosquitoes all night.

5. Breakfast was so so.

Only the advantage of this hotel above other Chinese brand hotel is English speaking staff.
Don't expect too much from the name of 'Double tree Hilton'.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
zhang b, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Warmest greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang!

Firstly we would like to convey our apologies for the incorrect and delayed service. Thank you for your feedback in which you detail your dissatisfaction with the ways our staff handled your requests on shuttle service and bar drinks during your recent stay. I am indeed sorry you had such a problem and regret that we did not solve those problems immediately, thus not giving you the impression you have taken away with you of our Hotel.
Those happenings reveal that the way of “on-site” training for staff is ineffective and the staffs are still lack of skills of anticipating guest’s needs, which seriously affects the excellent service a guest expects from a member of Hilton Worldwide. I have taken up the matter to the concerned department heads, rest assured the corrective steps are immediately taken to ensure that there will not be any future occurrences.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Guests like you help us to keep our standards straight and spot areas where we could do better. I do sincerely hope to meet you in person during your next trip to learn if I could be of any further assistance to make your future stay more comfortable and enjoyable.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao - Chengyang for your future travel needs. Yours sincerely, General Manager Patrick

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very friendly and attentive staff with all the modern amenities one could wish for. The cleaning staff was excellent, and a nice selection of english speaking cable tv stations. I found the hotel to be quite quiet from the 8th floor - even on the busy road side. If you're looking for a place to stay as a tourist this may not be the spot as there are not many places to go for a walk. However, if you're traveling north to the industrial parks / pingdu and factories and need a clean and convenient "business hotel", I would certainly recommend it to anyone. I was with 2 relatively picky customers who liked the property as well. Reasonably priced, restaurants were good, and a spa in the basement. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The western breakfast buffet was great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Patrick L, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to post a review. It is our honor to read your comment that “I like this property!” and your valued comment will definitely motivate us to do better in future. We are pleased your stay experience was enjoyable and memorable, and we will ensure that the cleaning team member you mentioned receive recognition for the excellent service. We appreciate the great recommendation and hope you will return soon. Best regards, General Manager Patrick

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel is one of the finest hotels in Qingdao. The rooms and accomidations were excellent. I will stay there again the next time. The hotel is one of the finest hotels in Qingdao. The rooms and accomidations were excellent. I will stay there again the next time.

Dear Guest,
We are pleased to read that our hotel is recommended by “must stay”! With recently brand new carpet changed for all guestrooms and public area and with addition of Internet upgrade, we are doing our utmost to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We appreciate your wonderful review and I’ll be sure to share your comments with our entire team to continue strive for “Create A Rewarding Experience” by offering the highest level of care and hospitality to you. We are looking forward to your return in the near future! Best regards, General Manager Patrick

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Besides the good location, clear & comfortable bed mattress & pillow, good services by the staff , food is poor in overall rating especially if one like to entertain your clients a lunch / dinner in the hotel !

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay; we are pleased your accommodation was comfortable, and that our team member provided good services to you. We’re very sorry for the undelivered food service and good news to share with you is that we have newly hired an experienced foreign Sous Chef for the All Day Dining Restaurant, who will make sure the food quality will be definitely improved to the next level in your next visit. With sincere apologies, we trust you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you for helping us to improve!

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

It's convenient if you're coming for business, and going to industrial parks or near the airport. It's ~30 mins from town, and not much within walking distance. Internet was kind of slow for a business hotel. Rooms were comfortable and staff was friendly, though.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business