“One night stay”

Wyndham Hotel Qingdao
Ranked #7 of 1,688 Hotels in Qingdao
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Always look forward to this hotel as a long week in China before going home. Warm reception is a norm and good service rendered by the hotel staff. The restaurant offers a good spread of food for dinner and breakfast. The bus transfer to the airport was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Larry L
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Hotel Qingdao

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I arrived at the hotel at almost mid-night. The man at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. He also gave me a toasty hot chocolate cookie straight from the mini oven. It was quite touching and unexpected.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2014

the cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nicethe cookie is nice

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for the past 3 years and the service and people is always excellent. I would have no hesitations in recommending anybody to stay here. I will certainly stay again and when I take holidays with my young family will also use this hotel.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had a spellbound stay in this Hotel at Qingdao; very comfortable and enjoyed even thought I stay for less than 24 hours. But overall fantastic experience, I ever had with any Hotel during my abroad travel !

Thank Foramkumar Jash... S
Patrick L, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay and we are delighted that you enjoyed your hotel experience and that our team provided you with the kind of service you expect from the DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. I’ll be sure to share your comments with our entire team to continue strive for “Create A Rewarding Experience” by offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to you. We are looking forward to your return in the near future! Best regards, General Manager Patrick Liu

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The location of this hotel is outside of the city and there is a bit of drive to get to the town. I did stayed a this location 3 years ago and the biggest difference that I notice are the things in this hotel are wearing off. There is a lots of traffic in this hotel because of the competitive pricing it offers so don't expect four season type of quality.
Service is good, room and bathroom is not so clean. Morning breakfast buffet offers very minimal options but again, one can't expect to have everything for such a great price of the stay.
Would i stay here again? For business, I stay no more than one night.
PS . Not much view surround the building, lots of construction.

Room Tip: Good value.. Doesn't matter which room you pick, all the same. Maybe you want higher floor due t...
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was the last night after 3 nights in Qingdao. I chose this hotel because it is near to airport, and its name value.

1. After check-in, I asked concierge to book airport shuttle 07:30 next day. However, at the next day morning, the bus arrived at the hotel about 7:40 after we asked to concierge 3 times from 07:20. The shuttle was dirty and stinky.

2. The spa (operated by other, not by hotel) was good enough. Hotel provides two free coupons.

3. We dropped at the lobby bar for some drinks. I and my wide ordered Qingdao beer, and ordered hot choco and sprite for my kids. The waitress recommended Qingdao draft beer which was more expensive than bottled beer, and I accepted. But, if I tasted correctly, it was bottled beer poured in draft beer glass. I'm beer lover, and tasted all kinds of Qingdao beers everyday after I arrived at Qingdao. But because there is no evidence, I did not complain.
When we were finishing drinks at the lobby bar, I found Fri/Sat promotion sign (it was Sat night) which was not explained by the waitress when we order. It said 'Buy 1, get 1 free for all drink with complimentary snack.....'.
I told this promotion to the waitress when I was paying, but she said it is only for wine and liquor.
If her explanation is correct, the hotel cheated because the promotion sign showed 'all drinks'. Or, the waitress lied.

4. There were some mosquitoes in the room. I and my family were suffered from the mosquitoes all night.

5. Breakfast was so so.

Only the advantage of this hotel above other Chinese brand hotel is English speaking staff.
Don't expect too much from the name of 'Double tree Hilton'.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
zhang b, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Warmest greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang!

Firstly we would like to convey our apologies for the incorrect and delayed service. Thank you for your feedback in which you detail your dissatisfaction with the ways our staff handled your requests on shuttle service and bar drinks during your recent stay. I am indeed sorry you had such a problem and regret that we did not solve those problems immediately, thus not giving you the impression you have taken away with you of our Hotel.
Those happenings reveal that the way of “on-site” training for staff is ineffective and the staffs are still lack of skills of anticipating guest’s needs, which seriously affects the excellent service a guest expects from a member of Hilton Worldwide. I have taken up the matter to the concerned department heads, rest assured the corrective steps are immediately taken to ensure that there will not be any future occurrences.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Guests like you help us to keep our standards straight and spot areas where we could do better. I do sincerely hope to meet you in person during your next trip to learn if I could be of any further assistance to make your future stay more comfortable and enjoyable.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao - Chengyang for your future travel needs. Yours sincerely, General Manager Patrick