“Awesome hotel”

Ranked #3 of 1,648 Hotels in Qingdao
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Awesome hotel”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed here for a business function. The rooms were luxurious and the bed was awesome. As in most hotels in China, English remains patchy. Their front desk manager, Donna personally attended to my hotel reservations in Beijing. Another person took me to the toilet when I asked for tourist sites. Go figure.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mozii

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nakuru
Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

I decided to stay at the Intercontinental Qingdao this time on a business trip based on reviews I had read here on Trip Advisor.

Everything was great about this hotel, right from the reservation to check-out. I was upgraded to an Ocean View room with club lounge access by Vinson Yi the front office manager. They had my room ready by the time I was to check in and was personally shown to my room by Vinson. Later in the evening I was given a grand tour of the hotel by the sales manager Elle Lu with a free glass of vine.

There was a lovely cake delivered to my room in the evening by the Director of Rooms to welcome me to Intercontinental Qingdao. I felt very special and at home with hospitality I received from everyone in this hotel. I am a frequent traveller and stay with many 5 star hotels but was touched with all the attention I received from this hotel.

The hotel is just next to the Olympic Sailing City and walking distance to many shopping malls. There is also a Rolls Royce showroom within the hotel building.

I would like to thank all the staff for making my stay so awesome. Cheers !

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Sanjay S
Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

You really feel at home when you enter and start staying there!
The rooms are so confortable, tje sea voew is gorgeous!
The new Chinese restaurant is so delicious and the Chef Pascal such a great magician!
Also I did like the breakfast so I could have neen earing there for hours!
Thx again and bravo!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Dworkinm
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I am extremely pleased with the hotel and the room. The room is huge, facing the city, actually if I look towards the right, I can see the sea too. There are two blocks, I am on A block which faces the city.
I also went to concierge to ask for some suggestions on where to go and they gladly gave me a map and draw out the important places.
The hotel is relatively new (around 2008?), was told that they serviced the Olympic athletics during the Olympics.
Location is excellent, there is a beautiful Olympic park (Yacht club, lighthouse, great view of the sea) just behind the hotel, a huge mall (albeit a pretty quiet one) beside the hotel and also close to many sites by cab.
Breakfast is also good, a good choice of Western and Asian Breakfast.
I dropped them an to inform them my GF will have her birthday on her last day of our stay there. I got a reply to say that they will prepare a Birthday cake and some decor to suit the occasion. On the actual day, I had to call them to tell them about the cake and they promptly sent it over complete with heart shaped lights.
Overall, great stay! No complaints!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alvin_Liu
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Breath taking sea view ,zen atmosphere ,clean spacious rooms fully accessible to wifi ,bed mattress and cover probably the best you can get in a hotel ,warm and kind staff , for club intercontinental members daily snacks and drinks for free( and breakfast ) the roof top floor(free for the club members but even for non members the prices are normal) is the at the 21 th floor is facing the sea, the marina and the yacht club .We have been staying in the hotel more than 5 times as my husband comes for business very often and we have no thought of going anywhere else !

Room Tip: Higher floors(above 12th ) have better view .don't miss the visit for a cup of green tea,nice c...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Marika K
singapore
Reviewed 25 October 2012

A little off the buzz, which however lends a 'return to home' feel at end of the day.
Front faces a street lined with nice new apartments, the back leads you pass a Rolls Royce showroom and a walk link to a sleepy shopping center.
Intercon is always dependable, the Qingdao property was comfortable and everything works.
Breakfast was well above average. The sweeping view of the Olympic boating arena is a big plus.
My local office managers were happy with this hotel as traffic is a breeze.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank gtan
Levallois-Perret, France
Reviewed 20 October 2012

As a Partner in an international management consulting firm, I've stayed in hundreds of hotels across the world so was more than a little sceptical when I read the brochure in my room describing how the hotel was committed to meet each traveller’s specific needs. However, my experience over three days made me a convert.

The hotel and rooms are very nice but that's not what puts this hotel in the top league.

Put simply, it is all about the people and I have to say that the staff's commitment and attention to individual needs is simply exceptional. Some examples
- When a sales manager heard about my interest in the local Laoshan Green tea, several packets showed up in my room the next day
- When my colleague and I asked for advice on where to eat local specialities, someone from the concierge desk walked us over to a restaurant and volunteered to stay and help us order
- When my colleague and I needed a place to work outside our rooms, we were taken to a quiet area on the ground level; we were later provided without asking water and cookies

This hotel has got service right. If only other hotels and restaurants had the same quality of staff! They should go to this hotel and learn how to do it right.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the harbour
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business