InterContinental Hotel Qingdao
US$139
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,463 results
All reviewsolympic sailinggreat hotelclub loungenice servicebreakfast servicesea view roomqing daonice staycomfortable roomswimming poolbusiness triphotel lobbyan upgradeitalian restaurantshopping mallchinavanessa
Reviewed 20 May 2014

the hotel is right above the marina, we had a fantastic welcoming....most of staff specks very smooth english, nice and quite swimming pool. BEST location in town...
they also arranged a nice sailing trip outside the marina.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
ICQD, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service made your stay experience more memorable.
we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I've been staying on this hotel for the past 3 years during my frequent business trips..I love the lobby, breakfast is really good as well as the Wildfire Grill - never been to the Chinese Restaurant. In the past I've had issues that I've overlooked such as the a/c is turned off in the Winter with the only options being either open a window or they get you a portable a/c...none of them are acceptable for a claimed 5 - star hotel. This time the worse was that I asked at the lobby for the spa, then again to others just to find it was closed. This is a must for business travelers. .just like a gym. The reception offered to put me in a taxi to one 5 or 10 minutes away but they couldn't tell me if it was a good place or not. I'm going tomorrow to the one at the brand new Westin..maybe that's where I'll stay next time..very disappointing.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ICQD, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Janice A,
Thank you for your frequent stay with us at InterContinental Qingdao.
Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. We would like to assure
you that we have communicated your feedback with the concerned department and
corrective actions have been taken. Thank you once again for your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel is modernly decorated and centrally located. Good facilities and well done rooms. The food and service is good. Nice spa to relax yourself after a hectic business day. The breakfast has a nice spread with a variety of food and not restricting to the typical chinese cuisine.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you for your stay with us at InterContinental Qingdao. We highly appreciate your great comments on hotel service and staff. Guest comments like yours are paramount for allowing us to focus our attention where guests feel it is necessary.
We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Intercontinental Qingdao is located very close to the marina right in city center and a few minutes walk to the mall. I stayed there in March for almost a week. Rooms are clean, comfortable, silent for good sleep quality. I used swimming pool and gym during my visit, and was definitely impressed with its size and maintenance. As I'm IHG rewards member, receptionist gave me free WiFi service and seaview room on request. On-site restaurant offers pretty nice breakfast, and I tried their South East Asian buffet for dinner once, which was really awesome. Hotel staff is very friendly and courteous but bit lacking in English communication skills (which is minor downside I would raise). Another downside is choice of TV channels not so great for a traveler from US/Europe. I'm tempted to bring my family here on my next business visit to Qingdao. Overall I would give 4-stars rating to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're IHG rewards member, ask for free WiFi service and seaview room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Proid

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our serice made your stay experience more memorable.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon back to InterContinental Qingdao.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed there for almost a week in April '14. Great location which is very close to the marina and a few minutes walk to the mall. Fantastic music performer at the bar. Supergood breakfast... The room is very clean. The staffs are very good and friendly, too! I had to held a meeting very late in the evening and they were very helpful in arranging that, even though it has passed the time quite a bit. Perfect for business but definitely want to bring my family here for holiday, too!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for selecting InterContinental Qingdao as your preferred accommodation in the city.
We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stays with us and thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers online. In your review you have pointed out the unique selling points of InterContinental Qingdao...LOCATION & SERVICE. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Qingdao.