This place was lousy. There were a number of problems including
1) Broken toilet seat. Staff offered to move us to another room- as long as we paid 100 rmb more.
2) Bathroom smelled of mold and sewage.
3) Staff was unavailable frequently throughout our stay. No one was there to run the reception desk and upon further inspection no staff was in the hotel.
4) No toilet paper was provided. We had to buy some at a convenience store.
5)They were planning on providing only one towel for our entire trip. We insisted on new ones (they were dirty to begin with) and they were provided reluctantly. You also had to pay for shower sandals, which were necessary as out bathroom floor was filthy.
6) Internet access was spotty and poor.
7) The walls were so thin that it felt like the entire reception hall was in the bedroom with us. Don't plan on sleeping past 8am.
That was about it. There's a hotel down the street that I'm sure is a similar price. Don't waste your time or money here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this hostel, there will be more personal space. All rooms are equipped with electronic door locks and have private toilet plus shower. Rooms range from dorm beds to private standard twin/ double, suitable for individuals, families coming for leisure. We offer free internet (bring your own notebook)long distance call and fax service, postal service and mini store. There are books, postcard and map about qingdao for your enjoyment. we help to arrange foreign language speaking tour guide and adivse free tourist/ travel informationWe offer private individual cabinet for storage/ oversized storage,free use of hairdryer/ironing board set and self-service laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA and HostelWorld so you can book your Big Brother Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.