“Awesome hotel far from home”

Ranked #16 of 1,694 Hotels in Qingdao
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have tried other hotels in Qingdao but all disappointed me except for Le Meridien.
The star is warm and gracious, the rooms comfortable, clean and done with style.
Avail yourself of a Club Room and decompress after a day's work.

Room Tip: Choose a Club Floor room. The lounge amenities are worth the added cost.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GM_LeMeridienQingdao, Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are so pleased that your stay with us was amazing. We are really fortunate at having so many passionate and dedicated associates to make your stay to be a wonderful one. I will share and celebrate your praise with the rest of the team. And I look forward to welcoming you back, anything you need our assistant, please directly contact our GM assistant: lilian.liuyi@lemeridien.com.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

First off, I'd like to thank Mr. Ness and his team for being so accommodating and giving my business associates and I, the best hotel stay experience in Qingdao. I was supposed to write this review for Mr. Ness expressing my gratitude and thanks to him about 8 months ago, I apologize for not writing it any sooner.

I've always had a great experience with all the Starwood hotels. They're all great, no matter what line/brand they are. Prior to my business trip, I had contacted Mr. Ness and he was very accommodating to my guests and I. The room was absolutely stunning and perfect, the food was delicious, the staff were all courteous and helpful and there were absolutely no complaints.

The hotel is also conveniently located next to the Wanda Mall if you'd like to go shopping and eat different things. It's very much Americanized as well, so no need to be afraid of anything. The area next to the hotel was surrounded by an assortment of random businesses and buildings. A giant sports gym, coffee houses, malls, commercial buildings, even some mini food stalls just to name a few.

I was very impressed with everything at Le Meridien and it's clear that Mr. Ness has Le Meridien Qingdao going the right path. If you get a chance, check out their complimentary gym & shower area. It's not that big, but it's still very nice & beautiful. Thanks again Mr. Ness! My associates and I will definitely be contacting you again when we're back in Qingdao and it's a no brainer that we will be staying at your establishment.

Room Tip: As always, the higher the rooms are, the better. They have several room options here. When you stay...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
GM_LeMeridienQingdao, Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your highly commend specially to our General Manager Mr. David Ness.
We are pleased we exceeded your expectations in terms of value and you enjoyed our facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Qingdao and would encourage you to enquire anything you need to ensure you maximize your travel here.
Please contact with our GM Assistant Lilian with email address: lilian.liuyi@lemerdien.com for our further arrangement.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The experience I have with Le Meridien Qingdao has always been excellent. This hotel would do everything as a team to make sure my every stay pleasant. It was my 100th stay with this hotel on my recent visit to Qingdao. To my surprise, they threw me a little party when I checked in late at night. Managers were waiting for me to surprise me although they were supposed to leave office at 5:00pm. I truly appreciate their warm and sweet welcome.

I barely mentioned once to a manager named Jacqueline that I love smell of fresh flowers. When I came back to my room the next day, I saw beautiful lily in my room and it smelled great. When I saw the flower, I not only enjoyed the smell but also I saw a great team working together seamlessly behind that. Jacqueline needed to initiate the lead. She might need to get approval from her boss. And then she would need to call purchasing department to buy the lily back. I also understood Amy Ji did a big help to get that lily. Housing department will need to make sure that the follower was put in a vase and been sent to my room before I came back. Hennie made some phone call to ensure the follower was in my room. Lots of people worked together behind this beautiful flower.

The crew in this hotel set a high standard in SPG group. Wherever I travel and stay at SPG hotel in the world, I cannot help to compare their service with Le Meridien Qingdao's service. So far, Le Meridien Qingdao is the best team I have met. Well done!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GM_LeMeridienQingdao, Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your praise. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service for your 100th stay at Le Meridien Qingdao.
As you are a SPG Platinum member you have shown great loyalty to Starwood hotels and we will always endeavor as much as we can to ensure your continued choice to us.

Thanks for your loyalty again and our team is look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Qing Dao.

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We love the ambience, decor, service, amenities and location of this hotel and this is our third visit. However, as per previous comments the rooms are waaaaay too hot. The room temperature cannot be cooled below 23 degrees which is really uncomfortable and ridiculous considering it's only 14 degrees outside . Hopefully management will take a note of our (and others) observations.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GM_LeMeridienQingdao, Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your detailed comments regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Qingdao!

We appreciated your highlighting of the poor experience in the room regarding the temperature that you experienced. It is only through this type of valuable feedback that we can learn and do further renovation.
I have made it a priority to share your comments with the rest of our team.

Please be rest-assured that necessary steps have already been taken to make your stay more comfortable as well as exceed your expectation for your next visit.
Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Please contact me through: lilian.liuyi@lemeridien.com shall you have any further query.

Kind regards,

Lilian Liu
Executive Assistant to General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Very nice hotel in Qingdao. Clean, pleasant rooms, friendly staff, at a good price. Breakfast is quite outstanding and there's a Pacific Coffee on the first floor. The hotel is located next to Wanda Plaza, with lots of restaurants, Starbucks, etc... The only negative was that the evening buffet is horribly overpriced.

Perhaps the best hotel value in Qingdao.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GM_LeMeridienQingdao, General Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Review, thank you very much for staying at Le Meridien Qingdao. I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciated your positive feedback about the cleanliness, maintenance and facilities of our hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you for recommending Le Meridien Qingdao and the destination Qingdao.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

The room is big and comfortable. The location is only OK though, not in the heart of downtown or by the ocean. But this place is cheap, at about US$100, plus 15% service fee. A comparable hotel in Beijing will easily run you $300 per nite. The spread for the breakfast buffet is amazing but tasteless. It takes real skill to make good looking, but bland, food. I'd suggest staying at a hotel close to the ocean.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GM_LeMeridienQingdao, General Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Review, thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you appreciated the service we provided and also pleased you experienced a restful stay here. Look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Be well.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

First I would like to acknowledge, the extremely care of the Gm Mr. David Ness, who send me a personal email to asking about my stay, when he is on holiday back home. Is amazing to see how much he care about a normal guest!

On the 13th at 11pm I send an email to Mr. Ness, cc Her assistance Mrs. Lilian Liuyi, requesting his help as I plan to stay in his hotel the next day, it was specials as I combine a business trip together with my 5 years anniversary weeding and I request if he could help me to get a good room as it was a surprise for my wife!

I received an email told me Mr.Ness was on annual leaving, but the next day at 9am her Assistance send me an email informing me every think going to be ready for my arrival and Mr. Ness was happy to offer me a free upgrade and she would reserve a parking space as I mentioned I would coming by car, I was impress and happy about this fast answer.

After 6 hours driving, I arrive at the hotel and the front office congratulate us for our anniversary and surprise Mrs. Liuyi come to welcome us, She was extremely nice and it was really refreshing to be welcome like this after a long drive, she organiser our luggage to be delivery in the room and congratulate us for our anniversary.

when we arrive in the room we discover it was a suit prepare with chocolate, flower and special red rose bed cover, my wife was amaze by the surprise they not only upgrade us but offer access to the club floor and provide break first for 2 peoples AMAZiNG. My business trip extend to one more night and the front desk was happy to keep me in the upgrade room double amazing !!!

After the first business dinner, I come back to my room and I was hungry and order a burger and trust me is one of the best burger I eat in China !!!

The break first the next day was fantastic with planty of delicious selection of western and Chinese food including Macaron!!!

We visit the swimming pool facility it was really beautiful with friendly staff.

We organize meeting on the club floor and the drink and food provide was very good

The checkout on the club floor the last morning was extremely fast and the staff was very competent to fit the request of my billing

In the end it was sad to have to leave this amazing hotel as we feel like home during our stay.

We will definitely return to le meridian during the year for business or leisure as we have be so welcome !!! The location is right beside Wanda shopping mall it was perfect to buy gift to my wife, the hotel is a 15 min driving to the see

To finish my review, trust me if you plan to go to qingdao stay @ le meridian best price value in China with extremely good service, and extra step to make you feel special

For us now is difficult to travel in other hotel in China as we going to have hard time to meet our expectation, le meridian spoil us to much :-)

Le meridian rock !!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_LeMeridienQingdao, General Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Greetings form Le Meridien Qingdao!
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback which was provided to us via the online channel as well as the compliment letter concerning your most recent stay.
And congratulation for the the 5th year wedding anniversary.
We at the Le Meridien Qing Dao strived to provide our guests with a superior experience through our product and services. Insight such as yours will only aid us in attaining our goals and for this I thank you.
As mentioned above, should time permit I would greatly to looking forward your next time arrival and do not hesitate to contact Lilian at anytime you need assistant.
Have a renewing day.