“Nice business hotel next to shopping center”

Le Meridien Qingdao
Ranked #19 of 1,645 Hotels in Qingdao
Bern, Bern, Switzerland
“Nice business hotel next to shopping center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Nice and spacey room and helpful service personal. I was able to shop in the shopping next door. It is a bit far from the sea, but taking a taxi is not a problem. Don't forget to take the end address in chinese with you.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GM_LeMeridienQingdao, Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Qingdao.
It is so nice to hear that your stay with us was perfect, this is exactly what we strive for at Le Meridien Qingdao. I must say we do get many great comments about our spacious, chic rooms in the service side. If you need future assistance feel free to contact our GM Assistant: lilian.liuyi@lemeridien.com
We look forward to welcoming you back when on your next visit to Qing Dao.

With our sincerely regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel in central CBD executive floor. Pretty much average to below average. Spa closed. Many services not available. Bar service like in China 20 years ago. Lounge so so, curtains never washed. Left earlier than booked and moved into another hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GM_LeMeridienQingdao, Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your detailed comments regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Qingdao!

Thank you for highlighting the poor service encounters you experienced with our team. It is only through this type of valuable feedback that we can learn and we have made it a priority to share your comments with the team. Please be rest-assured that we view your disappointment very seriously and necessary steps have already been taken to exceed your expectation for your next visit. Please contact with our GM Assistant through: lilian.liuyi@lemeridien.com shall you have anything need our assist to ensure your wellbeing in Qingdao.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The room was fantastic. Clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff both downstairs and in the executive club were wonderful. It was great to print out some needed emails and relax in the lounge after a hard day of work.
The only negative thing I have to say about the hotel were two things- 1) the Health Club was unbelievable warm and uncomfortable while working out and it was impossible to find a towel to have on the machines while working out. Never did see a staff person. 2) while this is not a fault of the hotel, I wish there was a solution. Many of the Chinese that come up to the Club lounge are loud and rude. They take unbelievable amounts of food, eat very loudly and talk at high noise levels. It is distracting, rude and inconsiderate.
If I did not have those two negative things, this hotel would have been Excellent in my book.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GM_LeMeridienQingdao, Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback which provided to us concerning your most recent stay.
We at the Le Meridien Qing Dao strive to provide our guests with a superior experience through our product and services.
Insight such as yours will only aid us in attaining our goals and for this I thank you.
In reading through your comment you indicate that the gym temperature and service is not that satisfied, we have shared it with our team member and related responsible manager. I felt so sorry for this and was wondering if you could elaborate on this for me on your exercise time period..Second I should say sorry for the rude and loud guests in executive lounge, we will brief our associates to remind them once found and hope it has not caused much trouble to you.
Thanks for your comments again, we are able to seek knowledge and growth to better serve our guests though this.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is truly appreciated and I will be sure to share it with my colleagues. Hope you do provide us another chance when staying in Qing Dao to experience a better stay.
As mentioned above, should time permit I would greatly appreciate if you could contact with our GM Assistant Ms. Lilian Liu through lilian.liuyi@lemeridien.com if you have any further requirement or needs.

Kindest regards,
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Is my second visit to le meridien Qingdao and i have to say the service was excellent and the room amenity very nice with a large and Biautiful room, i appreciate the hotel offer take away breakfast i will maybe just recommend them to add a drink like a bottle of orange juice in the box, i will definitely return and recommend to any one who plan to go to Qingdao

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback the second time you choose to stay back to Le Meridien Qingdao.
We are so pleased that your stay with us was amazing and the Qingdao trip was memorable.
We will share and celebrate your praise with the rest of the team again and ready to welcome you in the not too distance future.
Please contact with our GM Assistant Ms. Lilian Liu though lilian.liuyi@lemeridien.com if you have any special request upon the arrival next time.

Best wishes to you and your family.
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Terrible service and failing hardware.

Power went out close to 12 when I was working on a critical deck for the next day. Took 10 mins for the technician to come and after trying and failing for almost 20 minutes, they changed me to another room ON A DIFFERENT FLOOR. I had to pack everything and carry it over.

The second day breakfast at the executive lounge was even worst. Asked for a fried egg and the kitchen guy looked at me for 15 minutes doing nothing and eventually put himself together and fried an egg for me.

When I was checking out at the executive floor they said their manager is coming up to apologize for the last night. During the whole breakfast time, even including the 15 minutes wait for the fried egg, nobody came and said anything.

It is really the worst SPG hotel I have ever stayed at. The customer service is TERRIBLE.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GM_LeMeridienQingdao, Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

It was a pleasure talking with you on the phone and thank you for highlighting the poor service encounters you experienced with our FOM. It is only through this type of valuable feedback that we can learn and we have made it a priority to share your comments with the team. Please be rest-assured that we view your disappointment very seriously and necessary steps have already been taken to exceed your expectation for your next visit. Please contact with our GM Assistant through: lilian.liuyi@lemeridien.com shall you have anything need our assist to ensure your wellbeing in Qingdao.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have tried other hotels in Qingdao but all disappointed me except for Le Meridien.
The star is warm and gracious, the rooms comfortable, clean and done with style.
Avail yourself of a Club Room and decompress after a day's work.

Room Tip: Choose a Club Floor room. The lounge amenities are worth the added cost.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GM_LeMeridienQingdao, Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are so pleased that your stay with us was amazing. We are really fortunate at having so many passionate and dedicated associates to make your stay to be a wonderful one. I will share and celebrate your praise with the rest of the team. And I look forward to welcoming you back, anything you need our assistant, please directly contact our GM assistant: lilian.liuyi@lemeridien.com.

Walnut, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

First off, I'd like to thank Mr. Ness and his team for being so accommodating and giving my business associates and I, the best hotel stay experience in Qingdao. I was supposed to write this review for Mr. Ness expressing my gratitude and thanks to him about 8 months ago, I apologize for not writing it any sooner.

I've always had a great experience with all the Starwood hotels. They're all great, no matter what line/brand they are. Prior to my business trip, I had contacted Mr. Ness and he was very accommodating to my guests and I. The room was absolutely stunning and perfect, the food was delicious, the staff were all courteous and helpful and there were absolutely no complaints.

The hotel is also conveniently located next to the Wanda Mall if you'd like to go shopping and eat different things. It's very much Americanized as well, so no need to be afraid of anything. The area next to the hotel was surrounded by an assortment of random businesses and buildings. A giant sports gym, coffee houses, malls, commercial buildings, even some mini food stalls just to name a few.

I was very impressed with everything at Le Meridien and it's clear that Mr. Ness has Le Meridien Qingdao going the right path. If you get a chance, check out their complimentary gym & shower area. It's not that big, but it's still very nice & beautiful. Thanks again Mr. Ness! My associates and I will definitely be contacting you again when we're back in Qingdao and it's a no brainer that we will be staying at your establishment.

Room Tip: As always, the higher the rooms are, the better. They have several room options here. When you stay...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
GM_LeMeridienQingdao, Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your highly commend specially to our General Manager Mr. David Ness.
We are pleased we exceeded your expectations in terms of value and you enjoyed our facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Qingdao and would encourage you to enquire anything you need to ensure you maximize your travel here.
Please contact with our GM Assistant Lilian with email address: lilian.liuyi@lemerdien.com for our further arrangement.

With kindest regards,