“Excellent Service”

Ranked #12 of 1,742 Hotels in Qingdao
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I usually don't stay at fancy hotels simply because I have limited resources and would rather spend money on food or tickets to attractions. However, this was for a special trip, and I decided to splurge. I am SO glad I did! I felt like royalty here: the front desk staff, the concierge, even the staff who work outside and welcome guests from cars and taxis, all went above and beyond for me. I have to especially brag about the woman at the front desk named Alisa. She helped me several times, and despite some miscommunication (on my part) always had my needs attended to. She went out of her way to help, even insisting that SHE be the one to check me out (there were several people at the desk when I left).

The room was nicely decorated and spacious, and my room rate included breakfast, which was also excellent. There were many choices both western and Chinese, and they had great coffee. The location is also pretty good. It's in the new part of Qingdao near May 4th square and the Olympic Sailing Center. If you do public transportation, there is a bus that picks up right outside the hotel that will get you to the Zhanqiao Pier, Zhongshan Park, and the Qingdao Catholic Church for 1 RMB.

I couldn't have asked for a better time!

Room Tip: If possible, try and request a room not near a pantry closet. It wasn't super loud, but the clea...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
HolidayInnQingdao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Ler8804,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre and taking your precious time to share with us your experience during your recent stay.

I am so glad to know that you were satisfied with your stay here in our hotel! I appreciate your compliments to our staff, especially to Alisa, duty manager; I’ll definitely pass it to her, which will motivate her and other team members to provide excellent service to our guests. Our hotel has opened for three years, with its great location in downtown as you mentioned, (surrounded by Olympic Sailing Centre, May 4 Square, shopping mall, city hall and Carrefour) it will become the best choice for both business and leisure travelers in Qingdao.

Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our guests.

Again, thanks for your comment and recommendation. Look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Tucked away on a side street in city centre. This property is very new and is definitely much better than the Holiday Inns in western world.
Breakfast is good, so is the check in service. Very happy with the stay.

Room Tip: Hotel is very close to the Harbour, take a walk in the morning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnQingdao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear William S,

I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here in our hotel! I appreciate your compliments to our service and facilities! Our hotel has opened for nearly three years, with its great location in downtown as you mentioned, (surrounded by Olympic Sailing Centre, May 4 Square, shopping mall, city hall and Carrefour) it will become the best choice for both business and leisure travelers in Qingdao.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The staff was very cheerful and helpful. The buildings and grounds are gorgeous, and the location is excellent. Staying at club floor was a good idea. I would say the property exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnQingdao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear fvd v,

I am so glad to know that you were satisfied with our hotel service and facilities! Our hotel has opened for nearly three years, with its great location in downtown as you mentioned, (surrounded by Olympic Sailing Centre, May 4 Square, shopping mall, city hall and Carrefour) it will become the best choice for both business and leisure travelers in Qingdao.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Located in the new part of Qingdao approx. 10 minutes walking to the shore and a 20 minutes taxi ride from the railway station.

Staff was awesome and very helpful especially Ralph from the reception. Rooms are spacious and relatively new. They should focus a bit on maintenance to keep the high standard. Huge bathroom in the corner room and floor to ceiling windows.

Breakfast was very good with a huge variety of western and asian foods.

We upgraded to a suite with access to the executive club in the 28th floor. Good for some snacks and drinks.

Trip to the old town by cab but it was hard to find a good restaurant. Small backyard lanes with Chinese seafood markets mixed with german architecture and the world famous brewery.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear K B,

I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here in our hotel! I’ve addressed your comment on room maintenance to management team to follow up, in order to meet you and other guests’ expectation in future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Very friendly helpful staff...clean rooms and bathroom...comfy bed...everything you would expect from a holiday inn and beyond....highly recommended...well done holiday inn people we enjoyed our stay with you

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear paul t,

I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here in our hotel! I appreciate your highly recommendation and compliments to our staff! We aim to deliver a truly “Stay Real Be You” service to our guests, which will make you relax and feel like home.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel is in a good location central in the city. The rooms are clean and comfortable and several steps up from the image most people have about the Holiday Inn chain. Some HI's can be old and quite run down, but this hotel is newer and in good shape. Breakfast is decent and staff is friendly and helpful. Would reccomend if in Qingdao as the price is also very competitive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnQingdao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Mark S,

I am so glad to know that you were satisfied with our hotel service and facilities! Our hotel has opened for three years, with its great location in downtown as you mentioned, (surrounded by Olympic Sailing Centre, May 4 Square, shopping mall, city hall and Carrefour) it will become the best choice for both business and leisure travelers in Qingdao.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here for business with two of my colleagues. As IHG platinum member I was upgraded to a corner room (xx1) which was similar than the regular room I have stayed before with the exception of a walk-in closet and a very large bathroom. Rooms have been recently decorated and are in good condition. Both of my colleagues (no IHG status) were also upgraded to same type of corner rooms and clerk was jokingly saying he wouldn't want my colleagues to feel bad if he only gave a upgrade to me. Welcome drink coupons and welcome fruits were given.

The gym is small, but has few treadmills and most basic equipment / weights for a quick workout.

Breakfast has both Chinese and Western options. I would define it as average.

Staff is generally polite and friendly. Some hassle when I asked the staff to arrange me a taxi in the morning. Several taxis were waiting front of the hotel and no one seemed to know who should take which taxi which in the end resulted hotel staff yelling to each other trying to solve the situation. Nevertheless they managed to get me into a taxi within few minutes.

Satisfied with the hotel and will expect to stay here again during my next business trip to Qingdao.

Dear Lauri R,

I am so glad to know that you were satisfied with our hotel service and facilities! I appreciate your acknowledgment to us. As well, I’ve shared your comment on taxi management outside hotel lobby to my management team to follow up and take action accordingly, in order to meet you and other guests’ expectation upon your next visit.