“Excelent!!”

Ranked #19 of 1,659 Hotels in Qingdao
Shaoxing, China
“Excelent!!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very good hotel, excelent brazilian barbecue buffet, near to many business centers and also near to wu si square. Also beside a very good supermarket called JUSCO, where also have mc donalds, starbucks and other western fastfood stores.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Rong V, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Qingdao, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Roberto:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are very happy to acknowledge that you enjoyed the stay with us. We really appreciate you could choose our hotel when you travel Qingdao. Your kind compliments will encourage us to keep the high standard service and aim higher to be a home from home. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here on holiday for twelve days in April.

This is a multi-storey hotel near to the Olympic village. Its location was excellent for me, being near the sea, the bar area on Yanerdao road, and a bus ride from the centre in one direction and the mountain Lao Shan and the coast attractions on the other.

The room was clean, had good furniture, everything worked, and was cleaned twice a day. Bedding was changed twice There was a good choice of TV stations. The view from the seventeenth floor was great. The outside windows were dirty through pollution, but halfway through the stay they were miraculously cleaned - abseilers?

The only niggle was that the free wifi worked inconsistently, and was especially poor during the last few days. The room rate wasn't cheap, but after all this is a business hotel and I did get a 15% discount for booking for a longer period. I didn't have breakfast, as I considered £14 rather expensive (even at a discounted rate).

The desk staff spoke excellent English and were very helpful. The door staff ordered me taxis immediately if I needed one and were able to give the drivers instructions to the sometimes obscure places I needed to be.

I am coming to Qingdao again next year and will almost certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Johnnychips,

Thank you for sharing your valuable comment with us. We are very pleased to know that our staff and service have taken good care of you during your stay. We always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Just as you said, our hotel is conveniently located in center Qingdao. Within walking distance, there are shopping malls,beaches, Olympic park and etc. At the same time, we sincerely apologize for the dirty outside windows. Thank you very much for appointing it out. We have reviewed our service standard and procedure.

We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Next time, please show us your review, we managed to arrange something special for you. Thank you!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have stayed here many times over the last 9-8 years, but had not been here for four years. I always stay on the executive floor in a full-size suite. I am very happy to say nothing has changed. The room was as nice as always. The executive lounge also has not changed. The food selection was nice. Often, as the years go by, you get less and less at hotels and restaurants. I was very pleased to see no change at all. I ate breakfast each day in the second-floor restaurant and the selection was as wide as it was four years ago, and tasty. I will certainly continue staying there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
lugano
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I spent some days for business. I was told the service has decreased recently. Personally I appreciated many thing: from the very big room, the bed, the bathroom, the cleanliness, to the laundry service. I cannot say the same for the breakfast and restaurant. For breakfast it was not possible ever to have a fresh orange juice, and no possibility to be understood for my sensitivity to gluten.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Rong V, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Qingdao, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear customer,

Thank you for choose Crowne Plaza Qingdao!

We are sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience with our breakfast.

We did notice your sensitivity to gluten. Unfortunately, we were unable to find gluten-free product in Qingdao area by that time. But my colleague found a store online which sells imported gluten-free bread in Guangzhou and we had it mailed to us as fast as we could, it still took days though.

By the day the bread received, which is the afternoon before your departure day, we tried to call your room and send room service twice to your room, but you were not in your room…

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenient in our hotel. Next time when you book our hotel, we will prepare you need. Or when you travel to other cities in China, we can send you that gluten-free product store’s address, so you can order your prefered food online.

Thanks again for choose Crowne Plaza Qingdao!
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This hotel is well located in Downtown Qingdao with many restaurants located very near. The room was up to date and clean. The staff spoke good english and were very attentive. I ate in the 2nd floor Asian buffet style restaurant and really enjoyed the sushi. I recommend this hotel to expats.

Room Tip: Try to get the Club level.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Rong V, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Qingdao, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for choosing our hotel during your trip in Qingdao. We are very happy to know that you are satisfied the location and our Cafe Asia buffet. In-room guests could enjoy 40% off for buffet lunch or dinner. We will keep improving ourselves to provide the best experience to our guests. Thank you again for your feedback and recommend. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed 6 times in this hotel, I even recommended it to my mother and sister when they visited me in china,
The hotel is over 10 years old,but it's well maintained and still high in standard.
The bathrooms need to be a bit more maintained but only when you search for spots,the overall impression of the hotel rooms is more then good, I slept in normal but also in executive rooms and I must say both are good.
The breakfast is well sorted, you can get western,Chinese and Japanese items.
The Italian restaurant is a must to visit,also the Japanese restaurant.
The staff is friendly,most of me speak a bit English.
The check in is prompt, the hotel general manager Mr Bamberg was very friendly,professional and you can see that he leads the hotel by example over 10 years!

The location in the heart of the city is great,you can reach the mall by walk, the marina is 10 minutes walk away, there are many bars and restaurants around and for every taste there is something to find

The hotel is for both good, business or family

To get a taxi takes less then a minute and the doormen knows his job!
I will come back again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Matthiasz82
Rong V, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Qingdao, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience on this platform. We are very happy to know that you are satisfied the location and the service of our staff. We are really proud that our hotel could be your home from home in Qingdao. We really moved you get quite familiar with our hotel staff also the facilities. We will keep improving ourselves to provide the best experience to our guests. Your kind comments truly encourage us a lot. Thank you again for your feedback and support. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. We must give you a huge hug, like a family member when you next time come to Qingdao. Come to Crowne Plaza Qingdao.
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel with a courteous and efficient staff. The room I had was a spacious 1 bedroom suite with two bathrooms. It was nicely decorated,quiet and comfortable. Centrally located to malls, many restaurants and shops. Olympic sailing village within walking distance. You can take a short bus ride to the beach areas but make sure you have exact change for the bus. Should you desire to purchase a Bentley there is a dealership in the lobby. The breakfast buffet is fantastic with many serving stations offering different world cuisines. The fitness center seemed a little worn but there is a nice bowling alley in the basement with multiple lanes as well as a billiard room.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Rong V, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Qingdao, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience on this platform. We are very happy to know that you are satisfied the location and the service of our staff. We will keep improving ourselves to provide the best experience to our guests. Your kind comments truly encourage us a lot. Thank you again for your feedback and support. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. You really deserve an exclusive benefits when you next time come to Qingdao. Come to Crowne Plaza Qingdao.