Grand Regency Hotel
US$75
US$73
Priceline
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 March 2013

The hotel is not expensive, it is supposed to be 5 stars but cannot compare with international hotels
The location is not bad, center of city, walking distance to some shopping area and KFC is you miss the junk food.
The best place is the basement chinese dimpsum restaurant .
Rooms are,ok, service ok
Better speak chinese as their english is poor

Room Tip: Good under chinese standards Cannot compare to the shangri la or crown plaza but cheaper
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I am told that this hotel was the first five star hotel in Shandong province, and is now a "little old", having opened in 1995. I am not sure when the hotel actually opened, but it does feel a tad tired and would no longer be considered a five star hotel (in my estimation). In my room, grout in the bathroom tiles needed replacing, corners of some wallpaper were lifting, the toilet tended to run on once flushed, and the bedroom carpet needed a good cleaning, if not a total replacement. Rooms with a sea view (no matter how small, or distant) are worth it, as others face onto a very busy (and noisy) main road. The location of the hotel is great - within a few blocks of the sea front, and also within easy walking distance of two good shopping certres - Jusco and Mikail. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. However staff in the restaurant were somewhat inattentive (despite the fact that there seemed to be plenty of them). All in all, however, as hotels in Qingdao go, this hotel is fine for a short business stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We rolled into the hotel lobby around 10pm and checked in with no problem, but the fact that I knew Chinese helped with the checkin. The hotel room was not as clean as I hoped it would be. I came into the room with the smell of heavy cigarette smoke even though I asked for a nonsmoking room. They had the complimentary water, toothbrush, and soap, which is all standard. What I didn't enjoy was the side of 50rmb condoms next to my bed. It made me question the quality of the hotel i was staying in. What made it worse was all the hookers in the hotel lobby that me and my girlfriend encountered while going up to our hotel room. These hookers work at the inhouse massage parlor, but you can clearly tell that they were offering a different kind of service.

Besides the service, this hotel is in the heart of Qingdao. It is right next to the financial district as well as the bars and restaurants. Unfortunately, it is a bit far from all the sight seeing attractions, which was the reason why I visited Qingdao.

To end on a good note, 2 of the 3 concierge i asked help for was very helpful. They knew their stuff and was very willing to help me.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank soup10000
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Really good hotel but a bit expensive. Excellent service at the front desk as well.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2011

free internet was provided
breakfast was fair, although the quality of service needs improvement
airport shuttle from the hotel to the international airport was 30
If you stay here at reasonable price for business purpose only, this hotel would deserve consideration.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business