Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
2,132 results
All reviewscity wingnew wingshang palaceq barhorizon clubwing roomservice managerperfect stayexcellent hotelfloor loungebusiness tripbreakfast buffethong kongf bitalian restaurantspecial thanksnoodles
Reviewed 23 July 2007

I stayed in Qingdao for business for 4 nights. The hotel was great and cab rides can be had for very cheap all over the city. I actually ate all of my meals in the hotel restaurant... and they can get a little repetitive. However, breakfast was very good.
The gym was good, however I went one morning and every treadmill was being used, and for well over the 30 minute time limit. Other than that the facilities were great and I had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 July 2007

I have stayed at many Shangri-La's and all have the excellent service any of us that have stayed here love. But I will have to extend my appreciation to the Staff at Qingdao. The attention to detail I mean every little detail was by far the best of any Shangri-La I have ever stayed at. To the point that when I checked into my room the ice bucket was full and not yet begun to melt! My favorite coffee's and a fruit bowl daily. Once this hotel chain gets you into their computer database you get first class rock star treatment. I'll be back...as soon as possible!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TravelDocD
Reviewed 11 March 2006

the Shangri la is a fabulous hotel that met our needs in every way. The room was good, with fridge and kettle, exactly what we needed with a small (newly adopted) baby. It was clean and well located and I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled on business
1  Thank LisaKellyIrl
A TripAdvisor Member
New Zealand
Reviewed 19 June 2005

Stayed 5 days in June 2005. The city is quite beautiful,clean air,excellent beaches.Travel on local buses very cheap - about $us0.10 from end to end of bus route.Also found the people friendly and approachable - noy the hustle & bustle of eg., Hong Kong.
Shangri La: Very comfortable stay.Staff were excellent & always helpful.Like all of China - insufficient brochures available at the hotel for travellers whose time is limited. If you want quality accomadation without hassles - this is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 May 2005

Stayed at the Shrangri-La in late April 2005. It appears be an older property, but it is well maintained & of 5* quality. Very nice room & above average buffet breakfast. There is internet access in the business office (only 1 computer in English). Internet speed ranged from unusable to good. Unlike a lot of cities in China, the air quality in Qingdao is actually good (at least in April) due to being located next to the ocean.

4  Thank avio