Seaview Garden Hotel
Qiu Lin Hotel(Qingdao)
US$59
US$46
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2013

stayed for 3 days and 2 nights at this property a few weeks ago. I went in there with a certain amount of encouragement from their good ratings, and trepidation from some of the negative reviews. Since it is Chinese owned and operated, I wasn't sure it would cater to the tastes of foreigners, nor was I sure of the language skills of the staff I would encounter. I should have never worried. I travel around the world, regularly, and this property takes the cake for service quality. It gets first prize, by such a large margin that nobody else comes close. The rooms themselves are extremely comfortable, clean and well maintained, but I've been in more opulent properties. However, the staff of this place makes it shine like no place else. First, there are enough English speakers- people who speak English sufficiently well as to make themselves well understood and to understand your needs. Second, those who don't speak English quickly find an English speaker to help in case of need. Third, they are attentive - EXTREMELY attentive, so that they try to anticipate your requests, and they work very very hard to fulfill every need. They will do whatever they need to do to ensure that their guests are absolutely comfortable, absolutely happy, and totally satisfied. In my room, for example, there was no wireless access- only wired. They sent a technician, twice, to troubleshoot the problem, and he brought a router, installed it, and then checked to make sure that the connection was usable by my computer, before considering the matter closed. In most other properties they would have either changed my room or told me to live with the problem. In this one, they resolved the problem, professionally, quickly, discretely, and totally. I've stayed at other five star properties in Qingdao with better-known brand names, but this place, with no international brand-name recognition, is far, far superior to anything in Qingdao, and, in terms of the quality of service, it is literally the best hotel I've ever been to, in my 28 years of business travel. They truly should be commended. The hotel is situatated on a hill, so that most of the rooms have either a full or a partial view of the ocean. There is an open-air restaurant, a number of indoors restaurants, and a lovely lobby bar to boot. Breakfast is served in the main building, and it has food to satisfy Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Western tastes. It is extremely well laid out, and very well prepared. The concierge is something out of this world. If you go to him with a question about Qingdao or the area, he will find the answer, help you resolve whatever it is that you need, and go very far and above the call of duty to ensure help you, even though the matter has nothing to do with the hotel itself. I would recommend this hotel whole-heartedly to anyone traveling to Qingdao. It is light-years ahead of the next best properties, and if you ever want to see what warm, attentive, service is, this is the place to go to. The management of this property deserves the highest congratulations because they have trained their staff in such a way as to seek to be helpful without being overbearing, and to add warmth to their service. I won't even think twice about what hotel I'll go to in Qingdao from now on. And managements of other hotels in other cities might want to consider coming to this place and staying here in order to learn the meaning of the term "impeccable service"

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank la Q
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This was my first stay at the Sea View Garden Hotel but it will definitely not be my last. The hotel is in a great location close to the sea and depending on your room you get a great view. The room I was staying in did not have the view but it was spacious, clean and quiet. The staff at this hotel are exceptional when it comes to service and make you feel as though you are among friends, the breakfast selection was huge and apart from a little language hiccup with my waiter I have to say I had a very enjoyable start to my day. If you are looking for a nice hotel out of the madding crowd this one is well worth a try.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This hotel builds their foundation on Feelings of a Family. It is the best in terms of service from the moment I checked in until after I left. On the evening I checked in, I left a bread roll which I took from the plane, on the desk in my room. When I came back from my dinner, there were 3 plates of cut fruits (all covered with plastic wrap) waiting for me. The thing that really touched me was the housekeeping staff had left a packet of jam and a note to tell me that she thought I might need some jam to go with the bread. Such thoughtfulness! Every time I had a question, the staff would go all the way out to help me find the answer. One of the questions was, when the cherry blossoms would be blooming. I went to Qingdao for the purpose of viewing the flowers and they were not in bloom yet. I left Qingdao for Shanghai and when I got to Shanghai, I received a call from the staff from Seaview, to tell me the exact period when the flowers were expected to bloom. This is what I call personal service. I would highly recommend this hotel. In fact, I have enjoyed my stay so much, I will stay there again when i go to Qingdao, in 2 weeks' time to see the flowers. The room I stayed in was very comfortable, perfect for me.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie L
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This was our second stay after 2 years, so we knew what to expect. However, this visit was even better than previous. It was only for one night, but was a most enjoyable way to end our China holiday.
The friendly service from the staff is superb, almost overwhelming at times. Nothing is too much trouble.
We couldn't fault the room, and were offered a bigger one if we were not happy with it (as our visit was in early March, there were plenty available).
We spent a few hours in the upstairs Club Bar reading and relaxing, whilst enjoying the free coffee, wifi and tidbits. The evening meal in the restaurant was a buffet, with an huge variety of food available, ready cooked, or cooked to your preference. Wine and beer included in the price, quite reasonable.
A free airport shuttle door-to-door topped off a wonderful visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

when we backed hotel from the beach nearby, my 10 yrs boy felt a little bit tired, he reclined in the coach in the lobby for a minute. Just we reached our room later, got a phone call from service, asked if my boy caught cold, they would send a ginger soup for him. Thoug I feel the service is beyond my expectation.

Room Tip: a hill view room gives you better sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family