“Not For Foreigners- Non Chinese”
Review of Sanfod Hotel

Sanfod Hotel
Ranked #363 of 1,654 Hotels in Qingdao
New Delhi, India
“Not For Foreigners- Non Chinese”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel on 14th Sept'13 . I don't recommend this Hotel to foreigners .
Big Language Problem . The Approach / Lobby is not of a of any 4-Star . It is not even equal to two star hotels .
The Breakfast was Horrible . There was no English Tags on breakfast Items only Chinese .

Rooms were not clear as t should be of a Four star hotel .

I don't recommend this hotel to any Foreigner at all .

Room Tip: Higher Floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Singapore
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Three of us arrived at Sanfod to be told there were ongoing renovations, and did we like the smell of paint? Two of us didn't and were upgraded to larger rooms with smaller beds. I kept the large bed, and found not the smell of paint but the sound of drilling (only during daylight hours, no problem).

Returning from a visit to some colleagues one afternoon, I found a notice on my table indicating there would be no electricity from 2pm to 5pm. As it was 4.30 pm, and there was electricity, my potential anger at the short notice was allayed. About 15 minutes later, as I was getting ready to go out, the electricity went out. The elevators became non-functional. I'd seen plenty of mistranslations of language in China, but this was the first time it had applied to numerals. Thirty minutes later, the power came back on, and quickly out again. And so on, and on, until daylight had gone, and sitting in a dark room not wanting to get trapped in an elevator or walk down many stairs in a fire exit to find the bottom door locked became ridiculous. No electricity during daylight hours during renovations with a day's notice - ok; no electricity during the dark with no notice - is this a four star hotel???

The other aspects of the hotel are fine. Staff are friendly, breakfast is ok, water is a bit tepid for winter - compared to the hotel I stayed at last, where you could poach an egg in an adjoining room , and location is typical for Qingdao - close to one or two places of interest and far from everywhere else.

Would I stay here again? Is the pope a protestant?

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Recently stayed at Sanfod Hotel in Qingdao, unfortunately I was there for business and was not able to leave earlier. Would have if I could! The overall condition of the hotel is quite dodgy, the rugs felt like if they were damp, the corridors had a weird odor, there are No smoking signs but apparently they are just for show since nobody followed them and of course no staff said anything.

The staff at the lobby tried to be helpful but with their very limited English it was practically impossible to communicate; Would receive calls around 9:30 PM asking if I wanted a massage?? My room was quite disappointing with a 1970's decoration or better said from 1970, the bed was the most uncomfortable one that I have ever slept on I think, the distribution was sad had a large window that faced directly to a wall which gave absolutely no light to the room a window which went completely to waste, the TV (40" flat screen) was angled in manner that it was difficult to watch, didn't really matter since I had 1 channel in English, the furniture in the room went well with the 70's look, the bathroom felt run down & completely of low standard products; the cleanliness was non existent I had never had such a dirty bathroom and specially not at this price range of hotel. The Internet which is provided was probably the worst connection ever, I was not able to access any sites, had to reset my computer like 3 or 4 times until I requested technical help from the hotel which arrived and I shortly after asked them to leave since I noticed that all they were doing was to press the refresh button multiple times..

I was offered complementary breakfast which was pretty good, they had a good variety of Chinese & Western food; didn't have any other meals there since I would avoid to be at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank RobMena
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This is one of the most horrible hotels we have ever stayed at, and we have stayed at hotels that are 10USD a night, even those are so much better! It's amazing how dirty this hotel is. They have nasty bathrooms, never washed! (see pictures). I'm pretty sure they have bed bugs because during the night I couldn't stop scratching myself and the next morning I was full of bites.

The price is ridiculous compared to what you get in return. If I would've paid 5USD per night I would've been satisfied.

The beds are so uncomfortable, it's like sleeping on top of a table with really bad linens. They smelled really bad.

The hotel is run down, everything is old and in really bad condition.

The two good things about the hotel: 42 inch LCD TV, location is pretty convenient.

Not recommended for anyone! Go to other hotels, there are many to choose from in this price range and even cheaper.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank luchy1309
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Good hotel with friendly service. Directly opposite shopping mall, with loads of restaurants accessible by foot. Rooms were basic but comfy.
Recommended for the average traveller. As on busy main road, only problem is that it wasnt easy to hail a taxi but I suspect this is due to the time of the day rather than juts the hotel. Go on the day trip which can be organised by the concierge.It was worth it to see the sights. Visit Tsingtao beer factory for sampling the free beer at the end of the tour

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family