“Great hotel”

Ranked #13 of 1,648 Hotels in Qingdao
Hong Kong, China
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My company booked me the room at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, first timer to Qingdao therefore not too much to expected. When I arrived, I was impressed by the modern design, nice music in the lobby as well as the friendly staff. Room was comfortable and it came with free WIFI and buffet breakfast. I did not go out for dinner on the first night as I found their buffet dinner was value for money, for only RMB198 per person, I can have a great dinner buffet and unlimited white or red wine and Tsingdao beer. Surely I will recommend my colleagues to stay when they travel to Qingdao and I will definitely return. Love this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Sonny_Ang_Himalayas, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review and comments.

We are thrilled with your overall experience and compliments relating to the staff and facilities, especially the Z1 restaurant buffet dinner. We do pride ourselves on the details and our team work very hard to ensure our guest experience is exemplary in every way and we deliver ‘EXTRAORDINARY MOMENTS’. We do hope our hotel will be your unique choice whenever you come to Qingdao.We are the 1stLifestyle Hotel in Qingdao and we are very pleased that you are planning to stay with us again.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in your next trip to Qingdao and please let me know when your next trip is so that we may personally meet. My email is sonny.ang@himalayashotels.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Xi'an, China
Reviewed 29 July 2014

my friend and I stayed in the hotel when visiting qingdao last week. the hotel itself is lovely; modern and stylish, but also warm and friendly. we stayed in a suite with a free standing bath and the room felt incredibly luxurious. we also really enjoyed the food and cocktails whilst we were there.

what stood out for us though was the general service and the staff members. although we both speak very little chinese, they were easily able to converse with us in English, and gave us Chinese written instructions so we could navigate out way around the city. In addition to this, a typhoon hit on our final day of our stay, and subsequently all planes from qingdao were cancelled. the staff could not have been more accommodating - arranging a last minute extra night in the hotel and helped us to organise train tickets home.

all in all I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would definitely return on any future visits to qingdao

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel and sharing your recent trip review. I am particularly happy to read that you are satisfied with our facilities and our team members’ service for you. We encourage our team members to create more ‘Extraordinary Moments’ for our guests and we believe it will make the hotel more unique and special.

I would like to thank you for trying our Z1 restaurant food and cocktails and sharing your positive feedback with us. I will definitely share your comments with our team members and I am sure your valuable words will inspire our team to aim higher. This will serve as a great inspiration for everyone to provide better service for your next visit.

Thank you again for choosing Himalayas Qingdao Hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you in the very near future. Please let me know your next trip so that we may personally meet & catch up. My email is sonny.ang@himalayashotels.com.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location next to the plaza, cinema, spa and close to the beach and a short taxi ride to the city centre. I stayed in a stylish spacious suite with a beautiful bathroom and great views from the window. The bed was comfortable and the room perfectly clean. The breakfast buffet included a great selection of food from all parts of world, I particularly liked the noodle soup and fresh croissants. The staff here spoke English well and were all very helpful and professional.
Had a lovely stay, no faults.

Room Tip: I would recoomend opting for a suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Sonny_Ang_Himalayas, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel and great to hear that your stay in our hotel has been memorable.

As a new hotel which opened only for 3.5 months, the team has been working very hard to deliver ‘Extraordinary Moments’ and trying to tweak the minor defects since we are so new. Your positive feedback will be shared to all our team members – I am very sure this will inspire and energize everyone to do more for our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review in Trip Advisor and we will not only share this in our morning briefing but also post it in our Team Member’s bulletin board.

We truly appreciate your support & we are looking forward to welcoming you back in your return trip to Qingdao. Please let me know your next trip so that we may personally meet & catch up. My email is sonny.ang@himalayashotels.com.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed 2 nights at a suite room. The design of both the room and the lobby are nice. But there are quite a few details that can be improved. The furniture has terrible hardware and so doors and drawers stay open and partly have to be closed by force. There are shampoo and soap dispensers in the room,... which is fine, but the pumps of the dispensers hardly work.... so to wash yourself under the shower you need to press the dispenser at least 15 times. There is no hotel information file in the room,... only later I figured out that was loaded on the fixed Ipod in the room,.. would have been good if I was informed about that at well. The in room dining menu on the Ipod was not even close to complete. The location in quite comfortable and the staff is friendly.

One thing I did not like,.. if you leave the room, all ACs switch off completely. if you put the card back in, the ACs do nit go on automatically. As the ACs switch completely off it gets quite warm and it needs quite a while to cool it down again.

We also used the ballroom facilities for an company seminar and those were really good.

Comfortable stay, but things have space to improve.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Sonny_Ang_Himalayas, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel and sharing your feedback about your stay with us. I am particularly happy to read that you are pleased with the design of both the room and the lobby and that our team’s service is friendly and the location is convenient. Great to hear that your company meeting in our Ballroom was also very good.

As you can imagine, I was quite concerned by your comments about the things we can improve on and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment with some aspects of your stay. I have shared your comments with our executive team this morning and a plan of action has been made to ensure that the items you mentioned are immediately rectified and corrected. As a new hotel which opened only for 3.5 months, we are still working on the small issues which we may still improve on to make our guests more satisfied with their stay and your valuable advice will definitely give us a direction to move forward. Please accept our apology for the any inconvenience you may have experienced.

I hope that we may be able to meet your expectations next time you stay at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel. We will certainly do our very best to do so. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review in Trip Advisor.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in your return trip to Qingdao. Please let me know your next trip so that we may personally meet & we may show the improvements we have made. My email is sonny.ang@himalayashotels.com.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I selected this hotel because of the excellent reviews. When entering the lobby, I thought I made a right choice. The decor and the staff were as good as mentioned in the reviews. However the interior work of the room was not up to the standard as there were paint and stains on the tiles and iron frame. Though the room was a bit disappointing, the friendliness and efficiency of the staff compensated quite a lot.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Esther C
Sonny_Ang_Himalayas, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel and sharing your feedback about your stay with us. I am particularly happy to read that you are pleased with the service delivered by our team members since our core service standard is delivering more “Extraordinary Moments” to our guests. As you can imagine, I was quite concerned by your comments about the interior work in the room you stayed in and have shared your notes with our team to ensure we rectify immediately & an immediate improvement is made. As a new hotel which opened only for 3 months, we are still rectifying small defects to ensure that these issues are addressed and we will continue to improve. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your return trip to the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel. Please let me know your next trip so that we may personally meet & we may show the improvements we have made. My email is sonny.ang@himalayashotels.com.
Shanghai
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Trip to Qingdao was really nice. And the Himalayas Qingdao also earned the credits.

The lobby looks quite unique with the three giant lamps or something, in a good way. And the room I stayed in is cozy and with a nice layout, really expressive. They also provide you their own music within a iPod next to your bed, which is indeed nice and cute.

In all, it's a great hotel with a promising way to go.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Holabbbb
Sonny_Ang_Himalayas, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us at the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel. I am particularly glad that you enjoyed the design elements of the lobby and you are pleased with the guestroom. As the first Lifestyle hotel in Qingdao, the design of the hotel is inspired by nature as you can see from the three fireplaces in the lobby which blends Lifestyle with contemporary vision. As for the rooms, we are defining lifestyle & complimenting it with high-tech touches as you can see from the paperless room setup and your own music from the iTouch. We are aiming to create a memorable stay for our guests through our unique features and the Extraordinary Moments delivered by our team members. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your return trip to the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel.
Qingdao
Reviewed 6 July 2014

As a long-time visitor to Qingdao, this was the first time to visit this new, 'boutique' hotel with my family and we all absolutely loved it! The design is stunning and the rooms luxurious. Our room on the 15th floor had full-width wrap-around windows which gave us panoramic views of Laoshan mountain and the sports stadium in the distance. The staff seem to have been hand-picked and/or really well trained to be attentive, friendly and helpful. In some respects the design and the team-culture reminded me pleasantly of EAST hotel or The Opposite House in Beijing (where we live). We stayed 3 nights and had the dinner buffet on the 1st night (great choice Western and Chinese dishes - particularly enjoyed the fresh sushi!) which comes with a selection of complimentary wines. The second day we had an a la carte lunch of pasta (carbonara, Bolognese and Neapolitan) all of which were outstanding. The third day we spent in the Old Town of Qingdao with the family, otherwise we'd have had dinner again in the hotel. Other things worth mentioning: the Thumb Plaza Mall is adjacent the Himalayas so its very convenient if you want to do some shopping or visit a cafe etc; the restaurant/lobby is very kid-friendly with 3 or 4 Wii games so the kids can keep amused while we enjoyed a glass of wine with dinner :)

Room Tip: Try to get one on high floor and with a view of the mountain
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ianburns
Sonny_Ang_Himalayas, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel and posting a review on Trip advisor regarding your recent stay with us. I am extremely happy to see that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us from the hotel design, room experience, staff service and F&B experience. As the first Lifestyle hotel in Qingdao, the design of the hotel is inspired by nature and the Laoshan mountain which blends Lifestyle with contemporary vision. We also encourage our team members to create more Extraordinary Moments for our guests and we believe it will make the hotel more different, more special. I’d also like to thank you for trying our Z1 restaurant and sharing your positive feedback with us. I will definitely share your comments with our team members and I am sure your valuable word will inspire the team to aim higher. Thank you again for choosing Himalayas Qingdao Hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you and your family in the very near future.