“One of the best”

Heqing Hotel
Ranked #90 of 335 Hotels in Weihai
“One of the best”
Reviewed 17 December 2004

I have traveled extensively in China over the years. Like European hotels, most Chinese hotels do not have non-smoking rooms. This is why I prefer to stay in a known American chain. Heqing Hotel surprised me with their impeccably clean environment. Upon entering the hotel lobby, I was impressed by the entire check-in experience. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. When I asked for a non-smoking room, they accomodated. And the room was indeed non-smoking, not just some heavily air-sprayed room like most Chinese hotels. When I entered the room, I was delighted to find a tiny bookshelf in the room where there were some tourism books on Weihai, as well as some literature publications. As an avid reader, I thought it was thoughtful of the hotel to have these for a weary traveller. Over the next few days, the staff continued to impress me with their warmth and helpfulness. When I inquired about real estate in a nearby city, they helped me to find real estate agents and taxi rides. They suggested good restaurants and cautioned on taxi scams. The hotel staff was extremely courteous. In addition, of course, the hotel had a great view onto the beach. I was able to appreciate sunrise over the East China sea one morning. I highly recommend this hotel.

8 Thank echoecho