All reviews sichuan opera nice parks nearby park chinese style overlooking the courtyard no lift tourist street close to subway station cultural park chinese building helpful front desk staff hotpot triple room small balcony the ground floor stayed nights renmin park
Reviewed 18 August 2017

My parents and I booked a panda tour as well as opera tickets with the front desk. They were extremely helpful and answered all of our questions. For the panda excursion, we had the privilege of being picked up by their employee Michael. He was very friendly and helpful throughout the whole day. He even took us to a few places we had not planned on going to on the way back. It was an excellent trip and we would highly recommend visiting the hotel/booking tours through them.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This is probably my favourite hotel so far in China (out of about ten). It lacks some of the luxuries, but the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, the air conditioning can actually cope with the hot hot summer heat. The breakfast is basic, but good and very reasonably priced. The driver, Sean, took us out to the Leshan Buddha and he was very friendly and full of interesting facts. The hotel also has a very reasonably priced courtyard restaurant with lovely food - which is also a lovely place to just sit and have a couple of beers.

The only downsides are:
No lifts.
No safe.
No fridge - but you can pick up Tsingtao from reception for 10 yuan a bottle.
The rooms face straight onto the courtyard, which is mostly a positive, but not when noisy Americans are chatting outside till gone midnight.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Coastal367805
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, and couldn't be happier. The rooms were neat and clean, the staff were excellent, the breakfast was tasty, and the location couldn't be better.

I actually accidentally left a pair of shoes at the hotel. After I called to hotel from the airport, they sent a staff to deliver them to me.

We will stay at this hotel again if we ever return to Chengdu.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kaihui
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

First of all, the location of the hotel is perfect, in an old style road where buildings are all traditional and only a few steps from the subway station and the opera house. Then, room are basic but clean and comfortable, with soft beds and private wifi. Only bathrooms are a bit smelly because of the old plumbing system of the building probably. Staff is very helpful and booked transport from and to the airport and tickets for me. Even communication via emails before coming was fast and efficient. They speak good English, which is a plus in China. I can't say anything about breakfast cause I didn't take it. All in all, I would definitely go back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We are a group of 3 couples booked 3 double rooms for the first period from June 30 to July 2 nights. We liked the hotel so much that we also stayed in the same hotel for the second period from July 6 to 8 nights. The hotel is located on a reasonably quiet street and we were relaxed enough to walk on the street without feeling intimidated by heavy traffic in a big city of about 6 millions people. The street is lined with old style Chinese buildings on both sides and it is quite a sight. The hotel location is ideal for us as there are 2 parks/gardens nearby which are excellent places for morning stroll. The underground train station is about 5-minute walk away. There are local buses on the main streets one can ride at a cost of RMB2 per trip. The famous Kuan Zhai Alleys are about 15-minute walk away if you like to squeeze with both local and overseas tourists.

We were given a choice to stay on the floor we preferred. If you don't mind using the stairs, rooms on the 4th which is the top floor offered a fairly good view of the horizon. There is no lift in the hotel and the staff offered to bring our luggages to the top floor. The rooms were clean, spacious and the standard hotel facilities were available. The beds were comfortable and we had restful sleeps in the rooms. Overall very good value. The rooms on the ground floor face the courtyard where breakfast and dinner were served. The meals offered by the hotel were alright. For the adventurous comparing to the varieties of food one can find in Chengdu, the hotel food was nothing to shout about. The service of the courtyard staff was poor and it was the only disappointment we had of this hotel. We fedback to the hotel management on the day we checked out and we were informed on the same day by email from the management that corrective actions were taken.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They spoke both Chinese and English. One of the staff even offered to bring my trekking shoes for repair at cost without asking for tips or additional service fee.

If I were to visit Chengdu again, I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

Generally I found Chengdu a nicer city to visit compared to Shenzhen and Shanghai. The people of Chengdu are generally friendly and approachable. As a tourist, I felt I could let my guard down and relax compared to Shenzhen and Shanghai.

Room Tip: If you don't mind walking up the stairs, 4th floor offers the best view. Choose the rooms with a set of table & chairs at the balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends