“Great food, great learning, great people”

Cooking School In China
More attraction details
Owner description: Do you love to cook? If YES>>>> Join us for a professional cooking class at China's top rated culinary College - the SICHUAN HIGHER INSTITUTE OF CUISINE in Chengdu China, where the teaching staff will impart years of culinary experience and insight. We offer PRIVATE LESSONS, long term study with our Chinese students or our most popular signature TWO-WEEK INTENSIVE PROGRAM for English speaking home and professional chefs given twice a year.Bring a sense of adventure to the kitchen as you learn to prepare Sichuan dishes with complex flavors and explosive spices in a highly professional environment.Our two-week program teaches over 30 dishes spanning the highlights of Sichuan cuisine in a condensed course. You and your fellow food-loving travelers will prepare Sichuanese dishes and snacks, like spicy Zhong dumplings and Gong Bao chicken with peanuts. You'll learn to wield a Chinese cleaver with confidence, control the heat of a wok, and tease out the famously complex Sichuan flavors-like numbing-hot and fish-fragrant-from the freshest raw ingredients. In addition, you'll visit the market place to source authentic ingredients AND enjoy festive dinners with fellow travelers.
Guangzhou, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great food, great learning, great people”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The CSC was fantastic. The course was filled with interesting people from around the world, Chengdu is one of China's more livable/enjoyable cities, and the culinary aspect of the course was superb--the chef instructors & translators were great and we learned a lot. I love Sichuan food and am really happy that I now am able to make really authentic dishes at home...my wife is thrilled too, and has no regrets about letting me take vacation alone for the 2 week course. Overall a very enjoyable and edifying program.

2 Thank Stephen F

Winterthur, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing cooking experience in the heart of China”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Unlike the others I attended a "private" 2-week cooking class at Sichuan Higher Institute of Cuisine in January. Therefore I could join a class with professional army and police chefs. As a professional chef myself I wanted to improve my understanding of Sichuan food and Chinese cooking in general. I definitely found here the best place possible! The teachers have a huge knowledge, my translator was extremly helpful and also took care of my during lunch time and in the evening and the food was just delicious! If you want to learn how to cook traditional Chinese food you are here at the right spot! I can fully recommend and would love to attend a second time ;)

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Davoserli
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great window into the world of Szechuan cooking”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

A great introduction into the subtle and not-so-subtle world of Szechuan cooking. This was a wonderful experience with expert teaching, enthusiastic translators (for those of us who do not speak Mandarin), and fun excursions to local markets and attractions which were included as well. Overall a good value for the expertise energizing and providing this two week course.

2 Thank Barry H
warsaw
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the only professional cookin school in china”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

china is food, sichuan is flavour

sichuan higher institute of cusine is the only university which educates chinese chefs
for food and cooking lovers this is a real paradise
two week course is a good value for money but also very big fun :)
other advantage is to meet cooking enthusiasts from all over the world...

1 Thank chris u
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

I would advise you not to take any notice of the review by warringpoet he hasn't a clue what he is talking about and hasn't even attended the two week course. As a professional chef and restaurant owner who attended the course in June 2012 I would say it is excellent value for money, very informative, enjoyable and professionally presented course, and if they ever do a follow on advanced course I will go back for sure

2 Thank Neal J