“Perfect choice!”

Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel
Ranked #28 of 2,790 Hotels in Chengdu
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We came to chengdu after a tiring 2 weeks through Japan and china, before continuing on, and we wanted something affordable but comfortable. This was right on. Huge king room with a seating area and large bathroom.
Staff was very helpful and willing to work with our language differences.

We will definitely be booking here when we come back for the rest of what chengdu offers.

• Stayed: August 2014
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Kiriren, Thank you so much for the very nice comments, all our team read these and what we aim to be is, at heart, a luxury boutique hotel trying our best to provide a caring touch, personalized service, while still retaining a feeling of value for money. I am glad you were pleased and titling your review 'Perfect Choice' means so much to us! We hope you had a safe onward journey and come back to Chengdu soon, if so please feel free to contact me directly at gm@rhombuschengdu.com It will be a pleasure to take care of it personally. Warm regards!

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The Rhombus Fantasia is in a perfect location for both seeing the city and for a trip out to the Giant Panda Research base. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated.

The staff was courteous and helpful. I needed an international ATM and they were able to help me locate one nearby. They also were able to help us get to the pandas without having to book an expensive tour.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello TripAdvisorMember,
Thank you for leaving your lovely comments. I am very proud of our Hotel, facilities and indeed we are in a great location. My team's willingness to go an extra bit for our guests and really care is what we aim for and it is always heartwarming to read comments like yours where they have succeeded in making our guest's stay in a new city as comfortable as possible. Hope you had a safe onward journey and will return to stay with us again in the future. Warm regards!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My Partner and I stayed at this wonderful hotel for 4 nights back in June and we LOVED IT!! Firstly the room we had was amazing. Spacious, clean, luxury and comfortable. This was the best hotel we had stayed in whilst in China. A comfortable bed with your choice of about 5 different pillows (nice extra touch) The bedroom area was huge with a built in TV that was perfect, the bathroom was also HUGE with such a great shower. Having a lounge area (which I used once to watch TV late one night) was just that little extra touch of loveliness.
The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble, and they had great suggestions and recommendations of places to eat, However they seemed to have an issue getting us our complimentary fruit basket which never came, even after asking for it 4 times. (not a big deal really) the breakfast was alright and the location was pretty good. All in all a great hotel and experience and I would stay again and I also recommend this hotel fully.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alexander P, Many thinks for your many kind words in your review here. We are proud of our facilities and are so happy you and your partner enjoyed your stay and among other things especially appreciated the space, layout in our rooms, excellent shower and the pillows of course. The best thing in your comments gave us something to improve on, the missing fruit - I have searched for your booking and found it through our hotel website and there was an issue why a VIP fruit was not marked down, thankfully for future bookers this is now resolved. We do wish to reward guests who book with us directly and if you come back to stay with us I will make it up to you. I am sorry we missed that as it is quite spectacular. I sincerely hope to see you back in Chengdu again, if you do come please contact me directly at gm@rhombuschengdu.com and I will take care of it personally. Warm regards!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I spent one night at the Rhombus Fantasia in Chengdu, China a couple of weeks ago and I can't fault this hotel. I found the facilities/ hotel room amazing for the price charged for the room. The breakfast was excellent too!
I will not hesitate to book this hotel again if I ever go back to Chengdu and if they have any other hotels across the world I will try to book them.

Room Tip: I would opt for a king room again if I had a choice. I was given a huge room with a bar and sitting...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear auroredesavoye,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel, we are delighted you titled your stay 'magical'. We are happy to hear your enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and Chef is pleased you enjoyed the breakfast. We all hope to have the pleasure of you staying with us again in the future. If you need any further reservations for a Rhombus International Hotel please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@rhombuschengdu.com
Warm regards

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

If you want to visit Chengdu I would definitely tell anyone to stay here.
Well run hotel with a terrific manager named Raymond totally made this experience worry-free and awesome.

Good breakfast buffet so be sure to get that included with booking.

A 5 min walk to the central shopping district with LV, Gucci, etc. including lounges/bars/restaurants.

Go here if staying in Chengdu!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Grant L
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Grant L,
Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us and the very kind words. We do have an excellent location and superb facilities but we believe it is our warmth and personal service can make the difference and we try our best to continually improve. Given that from your profile we can see you are an experienced international traveler for both business and leisure, this makes us very happy we were able to deliver to your expectations. We look forward to welcome you back to our Hotel, Home and Chengdu again in the near future! Warm regards!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I travel a lot but rarely get this impressed by a hotel. The best value in town no doubt: inexpensive, huge - if a bit dark - beautifully designed suites, great location, gym and pool, decent breakfast and, most importantly, brilliantly attentive staff.
1. Our flight out did not leave until late at night so we could keep our room until the evening for CNY300, a very decent price.
2. We forgot to empty the safe, which they discovered within 30 minutes, somehow located our cab driver's phone number and promptly sent their doorman after us to the airport with the contents - and all they asked for was the return cab fare.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Raymond M, General Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Luckycharms223, Thank you very much for leaving these lovely comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad you were not only impress by our facilities and the value for money we offer, but I was extremely pleased to hear of our teams quick actions to assist you on returning your belongings. On occasions like this i am very proud of them. We all hope to see you again back in Chengdu and staying with us at Rhombus! Warm regards, Raymond Moore

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here twice during September 2013. Hotel seemed new. Rooms are very modern, clean and comfortable. No problem with speaking English to the front desk.The breakfast buffet was average, nothing really stands out, with fresh fruit, egg station, etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear TooMuchTravel88, Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel, these comments help us to improve. We are all pleased you enjoyed the Hotel and the environment, we try hard to be unique. Obviously although you mention nothing negative, we still have some work to do on the breakfast to stand out for travellers. We hope to see you again in Chengdu and staying with us at Rhombus. Warm regards, Raymond Moore