“Beautiful when we stayed in 2002”

Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel
Ranked #25 of 2,701 Hotels in Chengdu
Sarasota, Florida
“Beautiful when we stayed in 2002”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here during our visit as a medical delegation in 2002. We were treated extremely well. The hotel was very clean and room service spectacular. Everyone were eager to please.
Breakfasts were excellent. Hotel situated close to center.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Jay F, Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your generous praise of Sheraton Lido Chengdu.

Thank you once again for sharing your kind review. We look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kowloon
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I spent three days here and was upgraded but i was not sure what is the difference. the room is nice but not that large(that's why i queried on the upgrade.) The staff is up to the standard, friendly, efficient and polite.
It is in a convenient location which closes to subway and a shopping mall. I found the street at the back door offers some nice local foodstores. Around the corner i also tried a BBQ store, nice one if you dun mind it doesnt look very clean.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback, with regards to your comments, we promise to improve our room standards. We have therefore put your feedback to our profile for future action.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 January 2014

When I first arrived it was like 5 star treatment. Doors were held open for me, and I was greeted by name. Check in was a breeze, and the rooms were very spacious. The breakfast buffet was really yummy, with lots of variety of breakfast foods. Room service was speedy and, I had a really great good night's sleep. I went to Chengdu to see the pandas, and the staff got me a cab immediately. Only thing about cabs is that they have some type of network where they overcharge everyone, so they won't turn on the meter. They'll give you a hard time, but unless you get out of the cab, they won't turn on the meter.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Jay F, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Thank you for your generous praise of Sheraton Lido Chengdu.
It is always a pleasure when our guests enjoy their stay and our hospitality, and we will continually strive to deliver the warm Sheraton service and high quality products to our guests. It is also very encouraging to know that our Concierge team had made your stay a memorable and wonderful one.And Also I have contacted Concierge about your Cab problem, we promise to improve their services.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 4 January 2014

What is it that makes a 5 star hotel truly outstanding? Details, details, details! In most of the high-end hotels I've been to most of the staff was friendly, most of the room was clean, most of the buffet looked yummy and most of the machines in the gym were working properly. This Sheraton however seems to be a real 100% hotel and runs like a Swiss watch!
I stayed in one of the renovated floors. The interior is a typical Sheraton design... you get what you expect. The staff was friendly & professional. During my entire stay there was nothing I could complain about. Only criticism: It seems like this hotel is running on a very tight budget. E.g. the changing room at the pool was clean and well maintained, however at least 20 years old. Instead of renovating the whole thing only partial replacements were done. Same applies to the different floors in the hotel - some were renovated, others in a rather historical condition. I think it's time to do a significant investment and bring the ENTIRE hotel to the year 2014!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Danieltravelus
Jay F, Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it's always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. We recently have undergone an extensive renovation and we are glad to see that our efforts were worth it. Thank you for your review, and we are look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Chicago
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We enjoyed our three-night stay at the Sheraton Lido. The rooms are up-to-date and modern, though a little on the small side. The two "double" beds were really large twins--it would be difficult for two adults to sleep in them, though I was able to sleep with my petite 9 y.o. daughter.

The bathroom was very nice, with a separate bath tub and shower.

We thought the service here was very good--maybe not as polished as hotels in larger cities--but really more than adequate. Everyone--from the front desk people to the concierge to the waitstaff in the restaurant--seemed eager to help us out. We had some trouble with our wi-fi at the beginning, but were connected with a very good and patient help desk.

The breakfast buffet had more Asian offerings than western, but was good. We ended up ordering off the menu a couple of times both a breakfast and dinner. Food was fine.

Overall a very good place for us to stay in Chengdu.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
"Dear Guest,
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Chengdu, and hope to make you satisfied with our excellent services".
Northants
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The high humidity is taking its toll on this hotel which smells of damp. The room was clean enough but quite small and the windows were very dirty so it never felt entirely light.

Internet access is almost impossible.

The pool and fitness centre are of a good standard. The restaurant for breakfast and lunch was particularly good. The staff were also helpful.

Room Tip: The rooms are hot, to keep them slightly cooler turn off the heating system in winter as there is no...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jay F, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Chengdu, and hope to make you satisfied with our excellent services!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have had a number of stays with Sheraton but this is the biggest disappointment.
The limo I hired from the airport absoilutely stank of stale cigarette smoke
Upon check in (I am a SPG member) was told that there was no non smoking room (which was clearly in my preferences.I had booked WEEKS in advance and am a SPG member I could not accept that there were no non smoking rooms. After an upleasant period of time (this was 11.30 pm) the second manager found me a room (only after i asked them to find me another hotel) -with the smallest wardrobe i have ever seen, so small that the door does not close (room 2002 from memory)
I asked for a foam pillow and was met with a blank look
I had been left a message before check in advising me that my customer meeting the following morning had been changed forward. i did not get the message and so missed this appointment by almost an hour
on the last day, spent working in the room, I was treated to an unbearable noise from the stadium getting ready for a concert outside my room plus the drilling from the renovations
finally I waited an hour for a call from overseas which could not be put through to my room (the caller told me that the hotel could not understand his instructions), so i never got the call
I did get given access to the exec lounge and given a nice panda bear... but this does not come close to a recovery I am afraid
the staff are also very nice
and the croisants are great
the gym is very odd though, strange layout and minimal equipment- and you need to go ooutdoorsto go back into another entrance to the pool
Sorry :(

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank pom1964
Jay F, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you received during your stay in Sheraton Chengdu. Please allow me to apologise to you again for the non-professional staff behaviour.And if you would give us another chance, I will surely make it up to you with our sincere. And Please allow me to introduce our new decoration grand floor to you, which has already been coming out into the market, and the feedbacks we recerived about it are all positive. With regards to the problem of room facility issue, I have already informed the housekeeping department about the wardrobe.
Thank you again for providing us the information.