“Perfectly fine”

Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel
Ranked #25 of 2,741 Hotels in Chengdu
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Good location and well presented. A little difficult to communicate with the reception staff but they were very polite and tried to be helpful. The rooms have all the necessary facilities with a comfortable bed.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The newly refurbished room is really good. The mattress and pillows are good with good room amenities as well. 5 mins walking distance to the shopping complex which is really good. The breakfast was also fantastic with Chinese and English buffet spread and freshly prepared juices.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Muzammil_MM
Jay F, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear guests, thank you very much for your reply and we were very glad that you like our hotel, looking forward your next visit.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Good location, but location isn't everything. Rooms are tired, and desperately need to be refurbished - particularly the HVAC system. The room was hot and very stuffy. I turned off the heat and opened the window - and the next day the room was still hot and stuffy.
Check in and out was quick and easy.
The breakfast buffet was good - particularly the noodles.

Room Tip: I think the hotel may be under rennovation. If so, ask for a rennovated room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jay F, Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you received during your stay in Sheraton Chengdu.
Thank you again for providing us the information.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed here just for one night. I had the feeling the hotel is a bit dated and not in the best shape. They had a new carpet on my floor (23rd) but the whole carpet was not put in very well so it made a noise when you walked over it. The food I had from room service was good. The food at the lounge breakfast very average.

I placed an order for Mapo Tofu on room service,.. the main dish in Sichuan. I was 8 minute late with ordering that dish (normally till 10 pm) and they also did not try to get it still. I would expect that they can go a bit more out of the way.

The room has a flat screen, but rather one of the old types. Windows are not that great quality so can hear noise from out side. I got a room upgrade with my SPG Platinum card, but that room was still very small,.... was that really the best available room,.... ? I am not sure.

Staff was very friendly. Location is also good. All together OK stay - but not as good as a Sheraton in Asia normally is and unfortunately the only Starwood property in Chengdu.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Please allow me to apologise to you again for the non-professional staff behaviour. And if you would give us another chance, I will surely make it up to you with our sincere. And Please allow me to introduce our new decoration grand floor to you, which has already been coming out into the market, and the feedbacks we recerived about it are all positive. With regards to the problem of room service issue, I have already informed the F&B department.
Thank you again for providing us the information.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here during our visit as a medical delegation in 2002. We were treated extremely well. The hotel was very clean and room service spectacular. Everyone were eager to please.
Breakfasts were excellent. Hotel situated close to center.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your generous praise of Sheraton Lido Chengdu.

Thank you once again for sharing your kind review. We look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I spent three days here and was upgraded but i was not sure what is the difference. the room is nice but not that large(that's why i queried on the upgrade.) The staff is up to the standard, friendly, efficient and polite.
It is in a convenient location which closes to subway and a shopping mall. I found the street at the back door offers some nice local foodstores. Around the corner i also tried a BBQ store, nice one if you dun mind it doesnt look very clean.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback, with regards to your comments, we promise to improve our room standards. We have therefore put your feedback to our profile for future action.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Chengdu, and hope to make you satisfied with our excellent services

Reviewed 19 January 2014

When I first arrived it was like 5 star treatment. Doors were held open for me, and I was greeted by name. Check in was a breeze, and the rooms were very spacious. The breakfast buffet was really yummy, with lots of variety of breakfast foods. Room service was speedy and, I had a really great good night's sleep. I went to Chengdu to see the pandas, and the staff got me a cab immediately. Only thing about cabs is that they have some type of network where they overcharge everyone, so they won't turn on the meter. They'll give you a hard time, but unless you get out of the cab, they won't turn on the meter.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Jay F, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Chengdu Lido Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for your generous praise of Sheraton Lido Chengdu.
It is always a pleasure when our guests enjoy their stay and our hospitality, and we will continually strive to deliver the warm Sheraton service and high quality products to our guests. It is also very encouraging to know that our Concierge team had made your stay a memorable and wonderful one.And Also I have contacted Concierge about your Cab problem, we promise to improve their services.