Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center
HolidayInn.com
US$154
InterContinental
  • Pool
All reviewschunxi roadchengdu citybreakfast buffetrooms are smallhotel guestslaundry servicelanguage barrierhotpottianfu squarezarachinesechinataxiconciergeadapterstarbucksgym
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Hotel was clean and neat. Staff helpful and assisting where they could. English is not a problem as their is always someone at hand to assist. The hotel is well located to food courts and shopping malls. For a business trip the hotel is well recommended. Traveling in Asia where smoking laws are not enforced is a bit uncomfortable at times.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GuestRelationsCTUCH, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your comments, we were very pleased that your stay went well
and that you found our staff to be helpful and the location to be central and convenient.
Your observation on smoking is well noted, we will try harder to enforce.

Thanking you again and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times now, most recently in September 2013.

The rooms are fine, was a comfortable stay on a business trip. I had breakfast and dinner in the restaurants at the hotel which was good quality and value.

Overall good value stay in this hotel and the guys are helpful arranging taxis etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
GuestRelationsCTUCH, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, we are very glad you had a comfortable stay
and enjoyed breakfast and dinner in the restaurants with good value and quality. We will share your comments with our team and hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back again to Chengdu soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The Crowne Plaza is great. Very pleasant staff including the GM. Excellent on-site dining. Very clean rooms. The price is right. We would recommend this hotel to our closest friends. We would return. We also enjoyed the high quality art in the rooms, halls and public areas.

Room Tip: Trust the staff.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsCTUCH, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your positive feedback concerning your recent stay with us.
We were very glad that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the onsite dining options in the hotel.

We hope to welcome you and your friends back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel offers good accomodation in the centre of Chengu. Rooms are ok, but a bit aged. However quiet and clean. No WiFi in the room. The staff is very friendly and helpful, also for trips around Chengdu. Restaurant area looks nice, but during lunch and dinner the smell from the open kitchen is everywhere in the second floor, including the meeting room there. Breakfast buffet is ok for continental breakfast, but choice of bread, rolls (both not fresh) and jam are far below international standard. Bar in the sky lounge is quite nice.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Freddie S
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your stay at the hotel in September.
I am pleased that your overall stay went well but have noted your comments on the cooking smells in the lunch and dinner time and also the bread rolls and jam for the breakfast service. I will ensure our food and beverage team are made aware of these points.
On the feedback concerning wifi I am pleased to advise that the hotel can now offer in room wifi for guests staying in our deluxe, Premier and Executive rooms, this was installed late September so was probably not available on the dates of your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

William Hall
hall.william@ihg.com

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I should tell that this is a very nice property with great locational advantages, but is that all? There need to be a better focus towards guest service, the hotel being right inside the city has got a lot of side-income through its wedding rentals and other business rentals but this seems to erode the basic income earner of the hotel - hospitality towards guests! For sure there could be better lessons on greeting, guiding, answering queries, cuisine guidance, etc. Also there need to be some lessons on the tone of answering back to guests, atleast to a Platinum Ambassador like me, if there is a need to say a programmed NO! The way I was answered back by one of the front end staff on a Wi-fi connection enquiry made me feel that I am not a welcome guest of this hotel......had it not for the timely gesture of one of their supervisor staff Jeffri who on receiving another call back to them came to my room and fixed the wifi gadget, I went to the extreme thought of even moving out of the hotel...small things but sometimes some tones of conversations hurts......the one aspect I should appreciate about this hotel is their spa, seems a well organized one with quality staff. Food seems to be not a forte of this hotel, very plastic smiles, lifeless moving bodies here and there.....but if someone really want to conquer the hearts of guests, it should be through their stomach which is highly ignored. I will suggest that managerial staff need better orientation rather than the worker busy bees, as I could see everywhere the staff are swarming around but with less productivity. Be alert management, days are not far away when you will have a tough life if this continues....not so alarming enough now but for sure in the near future....take care...

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
GuestRelationsCTUCH, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and feedback concerning your stay with us this month in September. Your points on the welcome and hospitality extended to our guests are well noted and I will share your impressions with our service teams.
I am pleased to advise that by the end of this month we will have put wifi into our Deluxe, Premier and Executive rooms thus making it much more convenient for guests than our previous temporary wifi routers.
As an IHG Rewards Club Platinum and Ambassador member we do hope you enjoy your stays and we will strive to ensure you always receive a warm welcome with us.
Please feel free to contact me if I can assist you in the future.

William Hall