“An oasis for Americans in Chengdu” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3,107 Restaurants in Chengdu
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An American style restaurant/bar with well poured drinks and a fresh, varied menu. The menu ranges from nightly specials such as basil pesto chicken to thai green curry utilizing only the freshest ingredients available. House favorites, blue cheese burgers, steak fajitas and Buffalo Chicken sandwiches are always on the menu. Thursday night Mexican night with hand-pressed corn tortillas and Patron margaritas, and Sunday brunch with Eggs Benedict, crunchy mango French toast, spicy Bloody Marys, etc...are especially popular with the large expat community in Chengdu.
“An oasis for Americans in Chengdu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Love this place... great food and great beer! As soon as I walked through the door, it felt like I was back home in the US of A. After being in Chengdu for a week, that's a great feeling to have! Comfortable, laid back atmosphere... My colleagues and I went two nights in a row. I had the buffalo chicken sandwich with ranch then the pulled pork sandwich. All good, a pleasing relief from the local food. I highly recommend the Pug!

• Visited February 2014

“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I just love the staff, food, and atmosphere of this place. They treat you like a member of their family. The food is hot, drinks are ice cold, and music is awesome.
Ricky
from Nola.

• Visited January 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Worth the effort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

After searching for this hidden gem, I found it after two unsuccessful attempts. It is tucked away. This is not your normal Western restaurant in China. A week in Xian and I was thrilled to be in Chengdu and find this place. I just wanted a Buffalo Chicken sandwich and blue cheese! Real Buffalo sauce and hand cut fries with the skin on it. The owners chatted with me at the bar and gave me great suggestions as to what to see while in Chengdu. Great place, very welcoming and it cured my lonely blues. The wine list is small, but the house white is enjoyable.

• Visited December 2013
chengdu
“Nice decor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a well setup bar/restaurant. My wife and I had a meal here, and both were cold enough that we had to send them back. Once warmed up, they were delicious. The house red wine was the best house red we've had in Chengdu.
Next time we went back with the family. This time I had the pulled pork, and it was dry. We will go back one day, but we are not rushing back.
There are quiet a few other bars and restaurants in this complex that look worth exploring

Visited December 2013
Dana and Danny G, Owner at Lazy Pug, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do apologize for the cold food! Completely unacceptable. We will work on making the food more consistent.

Please do return in the near future and happy 2014!

Dans and Danny
Wales
“Just what we needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

After almost a week solid of Chinese food, we were craving a good western meal. This was it. After reading reviews we were not disappointed and following directions from GlennG G below found it fairly easily. Best way to get there is to take the subway to Tongzinlin Station and walk south as below. Skin on chips, pulled pork and chicken burger went down a treat. Atmosphere was great, prices reasonable and service was good. Although.... we were told that they didn't serve coffee after finishing our meals. Don't think this is true and assume that the staff just didn't understand.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank td08

Been to Lazy Pug? Share your experiences!