“Found what I was looking for”
Review of Lazy Pug

Lazy Pug
Ranked #4 of 3,132 Restaurants in Chengdu
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: An American style restaurant/bar with well poured drinks and a fresh, varied menu. The menu ranges from nightly specials such as basil pesto chicken to thai green curry utilizing only the freshest ingredients available. House favorites, blue cheese burgers, steak fajitas and Buffalo Chicken sandwiches are always on the menu. Thursday night Mexican night with hand-pressed corn tortillas and Patron margaritas, and Sunday brunch with Eggs Benedict, crunchy mango French toast, spicy Bloody Marys, etc...are especially popular with the large expat community in Chengdu.
Shanghai, China
“Found what I was looking for”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

One of the best pulled-pork sandwich’s I've ever had, not in China, but in the world. The Lazy Pug is a great expat joint with healthy pours, funky music, and solid American food. The service was great, the owners friendly, and all the right foods, done correctly. We live in Shanghai and were touring with a friend from the US and this met all of our needs. Well done Lazy Pug. Please come to Shanghai!

• Visited March 2014
Dana and Danny G, Owner at Lazy Pug, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
It was great meeting the three of you as well! Thank you for the nice review. We will certainly keep Shanghai in mind. Hope the rest of your travels went smoothly and to see you again.

The Pugs

“An oasis for Americans in Chengdu”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Love this place... great food and great beer! As soon as I walked through the door, it felt like I was back home in the US of A. After being in Chengdu for a week, that's a great feeling to have! Comfortable, laid back atmosphere... My colleagues and I went two nights in a row. I had the buffalo chicken sandwich with ranch then the pulled pork sandwich. All good, a pleasing relief from the local food. I highly recommend the Pug!

• Visited February 2014
“Love this place”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I just love the staff, food, and atmosphere of this place. They treat you like a member of their family. The food is hot, drinks are ice cold, and music is awesome.
Ricky
from Nola.

• Visited January 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Worth the effort”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

After searching for this hidden gem, I found it after two unsuccessful attempts. It is tucked away. This is not your normal Western restaurant in China. A week in Xian and I was thrilled to be in Chengdu and find this place. I just wanted a Buffalo Chicken sandwich and blue cheese! Real Buffalo sauce and hand cut fries with the skin on it. The owners chatted with me at the bar and gave me great suggestions as to what to see while in Chengdu. Great place, very welcoming and it cured my lonely blues. The wine list is small, but the house white is enjoyable.

• Visited December 2013
chengdu
“Nice decor”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a well setup bar/restaurant. My wife and I had a meal here, and both were cold enough that we had to send them back. Once warmed up, they were delicious. The house red wine was the best house red we've had in Chengdu.
Next time we went back with the family. This time I had the pulled pork, and it was dry. We will go back one day, but we are not rushing back.
There are quiet a few other bars and restaurants in this complex that look worth exploring

Visited December 2013
Dana and Danny G, Owner at Lazy Pug, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do apologize for the cold food! Completely unacceptable. We will work on making the food more consistent.

Please do return in the near future and happy 2014!

Dans and Danny