The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu
InterContinental
  • Pool
US$77
US$67
All reviewsthe club loungeflair barguest recognitionladies and gentlemenclub managerchief conciergenespresso machinethe general managerchinese restaurantlounge staffbest hotel i have ever stayedlittle touchesperfect hotelstar servicewe've stayedtianfu squarewalk in closet
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel, supposedly the newest addition is posh and well done. The staff is attentive and well-trained. My room was exactly what one would expect in such digs. Not huge, but perfect size. The location is a little strange, as you feel you are just entering a business tower, not hotel. The lobby is not on the first floor. The top bar is full of loaded Chinese kids and working ladies. The only thing that got to me was constantly being approached, but guess that is to be expected. The wine selection is large, very pricey, but large. The cocktails are basically liquor less. The buffet is very nice, however, hard to fully enjoy with texting and loud Chinese. But when in China...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had the chance to stay here -- one of the newest Ritz-Carltons in the world -- for a business trip for several nights in June. The property itself is spectacular, particularly the gym and 25m pool. It is a split level hotel, so you have to go up the elevator several floors to reach the lobby. I've stayed at similar properties over the years, and sometimes it's a bit difficult to navigate. Not here, as there's friendly staff at the bottom and at the top to greet you and guide you on the way.

The reception staff was super friendly, and the breakfast was one of the best buffets I've seen at any hotel. I had a chance to have a drink at the Club Level and also at one of the bars overlooking the city, and enjoyed both.

The rooms were great, as this is a brand new hotel with all the bells and whistles, including a self-opening toilet!

There's not really a downside, but to name one, it may be location, though Chengdu is a sprawling city with lots of traffic. The hotel is pretty close to the main square but a car ride or an extremely long walk to some of the areas you might want to go out on the town.

Overall, it was a fabulous stay, and if I ever go back to Chengdu, it would certainly be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Amazing property. Beautiful rooms. Gorgeous buffet for bfast and dinner. Plenty of western choices. Very central in Chengdu. Incredible views. Excellent checking. Hbo in room. Special check in for the children. Very much up to ritz Carlton standards.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed for the first time this week.

Good location, excellent views and beautifully appointed rooms. Service was first class and the breakfast options are better than comparable 5 stars in Chengdu in my opinion.

Gym could be improved by offering more free weight options, there is plenty of room for a decent expansion - also get a mirror guys!

I will be back for sure....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I had been in Chengdu 5 to 10 times. My last visit was in May stayed in one of the 5 star hotel but it was quite depressing. This time we were on vacation and we stayed I Ritz Carlton hotel . The property is really nice . Service was amazing. I didn't have any experience with ritz carlton in anywhere . I was a fan of Shangrila. Anyway, I was really satisfied with the service of the staffs especially from the club floor. They really care about your needs. We had breakfast and dinners there . The menu was not very attractive. There are only a few choices in Chinese Restaurant . The management should do something about it. Anyway, I will try Other ritz carlton whenever I have a chance.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple