“Excellent option for Ningbo”

Ranked #5 of 753 Hotels in Ningbo
Paris, France
“Excellent option for Ningbo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I've been to this hotel for the first time for two nights. I was surprised by the quality of stay and of the hotel in general. It's a little bit far from downtown but it is well located not far from shopping centers and restaurants.

Rooms are top quality. Fitness centre and swimming pool are very good too. Service is very friendly and efficient. The rates for the rooms is very competitive and it offers an excellent value and a awesome ratio quality/price. Breakfast is also very good and impressive by the options proposed.

As points to improve: room service is ridiculous expensive (one meal I had in room costed me more than one night in the hotel) for a quality not so good. Also, I had reserved a double bed room and when I arrived I was informed that there was only single beds room. Respect to reservation requirements is essential in my point of view, and it was not the case for me.

1 Thank hugolpr
Olivier R, General Manager at Sofitel Wanda Ningbo, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Ningbo.
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Wanda Ningbo.
I apologise for the issue you encountered with the room we have allocated you without following your reservation.
Also we'll focus more on the room service food quality.
I'll share your comments with my team and rest reassured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant as the previous one.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
cjgator
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed here several times while visiting the area for work over the past couple of years. The hotel rooms are starting to feel quite warn with stains on the carpet and general ware and tear although still pretty decent. The highlight is the lobby staff, both at the bar and the check-in are awesome!!! Some of the best I have experienced in China. An added benefit is the hotel is located next to a nice mall that you can walk through in the evenings and has some western chains such as Starbucks, Pizza Hut and KFC. The breakfast if looking for western food is ok, the crepes are the best bet!

1 Thank cjgator
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Ningbo.
Regarding the carpet, I'd like to inform that we have already completed rooms with new carpet and we are still on-going. However I apologise for the room that has been allocated to you.
It is true that Wanda Plaza is located just next to the hotel and it is very convenient for dining or shopping too.
I'll share your valuable comments with my team.
We hope also that your next visit will as pleasant as the previous one.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Sofitel Wanda Ningbo is a new hotel in a quiet location away from the bustle of the city. I stayed with eight other family members, occupying four rooms. The rooms were cozy with great amenities. We had issues with the air-conditioning (erratic!), but the staff was extremely helpful and attentive in trying to get it resolved. The breakfast spread was great. LOTS of food and variety, but it almost seemed wasteful because my family made up more than half the guests in the room. I'd like to commend the staff, especially the front desk. They were very helpful with all our needs, and had great attitudes and friendly demeanors. I would return if I ever pass through Ningbo again. It looked like some retail was being built around the hotel, so the location should have more conveniences and activities soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelaux
Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings from Ningbo.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I'll share your comments with the team and especially with Front Desk.
We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Plattsburgh, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I spent three nights in this hotel and found it quite pleasant and relatively affordable for business travel. The breakfast buffet is exceptional. I thought it a bit funny that the Chinese customers were seated in one area of the dining area and the non-Chinese customers were seated in another area nearer to the Western style breakfast foods. The only negative was the totally unpredictable air conditioning which made uninterrupted sleep difficult. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Olivier R, General Manager at Sofitel Wanda Ningbo, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Sofitel Wanda Ningbo!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are really happy to hear that you like our breakfast and our service.

On the other hand, I have well noted your comments regarding to the A/C problem you experienced during your stay. I'll share your comment with our Engineering team and rest reassured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future!

Kunshan, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here with my family over a weekend. Check-in took a bit too long, but I would say still in a acceptable time. Room was nice, but it showed it's age already. Breakfast was good of quality but the arrangement is a bit confusing and spread over a wide area. Staff were not up to the guest.
I always had to ask for a coffee. A little bit more pro activity would be appreciated, that's what I would expect from a Sofitel. Overall I would rate it as a standard stay with slight higher price points but the service level was not exactly to that point. Not too critical, but as mentioned, I would expect a little bit more.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mr. Bobtown55,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your review on Tripadvisor about your stay at Sofitel Wanda Ningbo.
We regret to hear that your check-in and breakfast experience didn't meet your expectation, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies! Your comments will certainly be looked into for further improvement to ensure that we provide our guest with the best service at all times.

Warm regards,

Auckland Central, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Staff were very helpful and accomodating.
Rooms were well serviced.
Concierge did well with our lack of Chinese
Beds were very confortable
Food beautifully presented.
Breakfast Chief was a very happy chap and the head of food service was excellent (Ophelia)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Olivier R, General Manager at Sofitel Wanda Ningbo, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Mr. Chris P,

Bonjour!

On behalf of the whole team at Sofitel Wanda Ningbo, I would like to thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor!

It is with great pleasure that we read your wonderful comments about your experience at our hotel. We are inspired to hear that you enjoyed our service and facilities.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back at Sofitel Wanda Ningbo in the nearest future!

Warm regards,

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Liked the decor, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum treatment and the fact that the Wanda mall is next door.

But I woke up early in the morning when it was 26 celcius inside. Very uncomfortable. The hotel didn't have AC turned on. The only solution was to get maintenance to open the window that resulted noise from the busy traffic and air pollution. The hotel apparently cannot have both heat and the cool air on at the same time.

The water pressure in the shower is extremely poor.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LoyaltyLobby
AntoineforSofitel, Quality Assurance, Marketing & Communications Manager at Sofitel Wanda Ningbo, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear LoyaltyLobby, Bonjour!

Thank you so much staying with us at Sofitel Wanda Ningbo and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are really proud to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our Hotel and that you appreciated the very convenient location of our Hotel right in the heart of Yingzhou.

On the other hand, I have well noted your comments regarding our. Please accept your apologies for the fact that we were not able to turn on the cooling system at this time of the year which is, indeed, due to a technical hardware issue that doesn't allow us to have both heating and cooling functions turned on at the same time. However, what we can do for you next time you stay with us is to allocate a room on the other side of our building according to your preferences. Please feel free to send me your contact details privately so that we can update your guest profile accordingly.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that your next visit with us will be as pleasing as the previous one.

Best Regards,