The hotel is situated 100m from Wanda Plaza Shopping centre, which gives the opportunity to eat in their many restaurant – Western, Asian and local food and shopping.
It’s another hotel with amazing lobby with bar and some fancy wine shops. People working on reception speaks good English so there are no difficulties communication. You can tell that hotel is part of the Accor group (French) as all the staff is greeting you with “Bonjour”. I had the feeling that all the public areas of the hotel were not air-conditioned so the air was quite stuffy from the high humidity. Also the roof in front of the reception is leaking heavily so on rainy day you had the feeling there is no roof at all.
I spend 3 nights in this hotel and overall my stay was pleasant. I stayed in …. Room which was huge. Probably bigger than my whole flat at home.
There was a hallway with some wardrobes, safety deposit box, bathrobes etc. Huuuuge bed with 4 pillows – more pillow types to order, futon beside the bed, full room size windows, working desk, flat tv (which seems tiny in that room size) and an amazing bathroom. Bathroom had a bath, walk in shower and a toilet. Shower and toilet had a glass doors which give the bathroom a look. Bathroom was spacious and the bathrobes are super comfy. I kind of regret why I didn’t get one to take home.
I had breakfast included in the room rate. The breakfast venue was in the first floor, buffet style with lots of options of traditional “English style” to local style food. There was a food available to make everybody full.
Internet in the room was offered either via cable or Wi-Fi. It was quite slow and hard to use, it seems like that they are blocking VPN connections so I had problems connecting to my work network. Wireless signal was good in my room but very poor in the lobby. Also it wasn’t MESH style network so you had to manually connect to different access points while being in the room, lobby or restaurant.
One negative thing I’d mention is that Fitness facilities were not free for hotel guests. Each entrance to the Gym was 120 RMB!
Overall I would definitely stay in this hotel again and I can recommend it without any reservations. It offers great price/value.
Few recommendations for Hotel management:
• Fix the roof outside so it won’t leak
• Use A/C in lobby
• Make a MESH Wi-Fi and make it faster
• Free gym for hotel guests
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Wanda Ningbo is the landmark of Wanda Plaza, which is ideally located in Yinzhou business centre. This international luxury five star hotel reflected the true ‘L’art de recevoir’ in every aspect of its services. The elaborately furnished 290 guestrooms and suites, the versatile grand ballroom and 4 well-equipped meeting & function rooms and the Spa & leisure facilities, extensive array of dining options and friendly hotel staffs makes Sofitel the perfect address for your stay in Ningbo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Wanda Ningbo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.