“Great hotel, would stay there again”

Sofitel Wanda Ningbo
Ranked #5 of 788 Hotels in Ningbo
Reviewed 24 May 2010

This hotel has very clean rooms and some English speaking staff. It is fairly new, and has a great breakfast buffet (lot of good western food, and surprisingly good croissants). The Restaurants in the hotel are good, but I wouldn't suggest the Japanese one. The beds are comfy and they have English channels and fee internet. There is a big mall right beside the hotel too. The only con's are that the big beautiful bathtub takes way too long to fill, and that the carpets were a bit dirty. I would 100% stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 February 2010

I stayed in Sofitel Wanda twice. Last time was in January 2010. Overall this place is offering a nice hardware. I stayed in the Executive floor and the room was well equipped. The general decoration was nice. Breakfast was worth the money and I had a good night sleep.
Still I was far from amazed concerning the service. I had no bell boy taking care of my luggage at my arrival and then I had to queue with 2 guests in front and 2 staff taking care of them. But 4 other staff were behind arranging papers and watching computers (?). The hostess at the front desk did not introduce any of the facilities and did not show me the way to the lifts.
If I stay in a 5 star hotel, its not only for the flat TV or the nice bathtub but mainly for the service and care from the staff. I did not get this level of service in this hotel.
Sofitel Wanda is far away from the city center and their rates are not cheaper compare to other 5 star in Ningbo, so I guess they must definitely improve their service if they want to have me back as a regular guest.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I have spend two nights in Sofitel Ningbo and it was my first time in one of SOFITELS.
but all the amneties was the best , all the personells were so nice and their behaviour was something different , I always feel so comfortable there .
also they celeberate my colleaugues birthday by putting a cake , a candle and a card in her room .
it was a surprise.
I appriciate their kindness and the pleasent atmosphere of the hotel
I will search for SOFITEL whereever I go absolutely .

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 6 January 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 12 October 2009

The Sofitel Wanda is by far the best hotel I've stayed in Ningbo (I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza and at the Green Tree Inn before). The executive rooms are superb, clean, with a great desk to work on, free internet connection (wired), nice plasma TV, elegant furnishings, tasteful decor and a good minibar. The hotel also has a good gym. I'm a keen runner but as a female I'm also careful not to run outside in a place I don't know too well so a good treadmill is an essential hotel requirement for me. The Gym has several treadmills, an X-trainer machine, bicycles, weights and mats for floorwork. There's also a nice pool (although I haven't swum in it yet) and a separate SPA that offers a variety of massages and other treatments. The buffet breakfast is pricey (close to 10 Sterling) but superb. I usually save it for lazy mornings as it would be a shame to rush it before a morning meeting. There's a nice Japanese restaurant (I know there are other restaurants but I haven't tried them) which is a little overpriced so if you want to eat lots of Japanese food, you're better off going to the Japanese restaurant in the Mall next door. Some staff speak good english, identify them early on! In short, excellent luxury business hotel at very reasonable prices (book online to get best prices). Service is really good and there's a shopping mall next to the hotel for anything you may need.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business