“Can't say enough good about this hotel”
Review of The Westin Ningbo

The Westin Ningbo
Ranked #9 of 764 Hotels in Ningbo
Fort Myers, Florida
“Can't say enough good about this hotel”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Location is great. Great service. Club Floor staff was fantastic. Can't say enough good things. The gym was small and like many China hotels, there was not much a/c but machines were great and workout good. I will definitely return, it was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TheWestinNB, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Ningbo, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments at The Westin Ningbo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the time in our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Nice hotel in a good location, good sized clean rooms of a high standard, the food in the restaurant was good although the room was quite cramped and noisy. The gym although small was well equipped and clean.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
TheWestinNB, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Ningbo, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments at the Westin Ningbo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the time in our hotel.
We will keep developing our service and product, to ensure everyone leave feeling better than when you arrived. We sincerely hope when you plan your next trip to Ningbo, The Westin Ningbo would be still your first choice.

Warm Regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The westin gas baby pros, including great location, nice rooms, good service, and good spg value. I checked in and was offered an upgrade to a suite for a nominal fee which I took. The room was large, with a living room, powder room, large bathroom and bedroom. The powder room had a funky smell to it, not sure why. The toilets are the electric kind, nice touch. The room lighting could be a little stronger,the living room felt a bit dark even with all the lights on. The service in hotel is good, English speaking staff for the most part. The lounge atmosphere is a little lacking, uninspired offerings. Shangri la does a better job with their executive lounge. The location near tianye square is great, and cabs were easy to order from concierge early in the morning. A welcome addition for spg, as the Sheraton is really showing its age.

• Stayed March 2014
TheWestinNB, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Ningbo, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments at the Westin Ningbo. I am pleased that you had such a wonderful time with us at The Westin Ningbo.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Westin on a short business trip. I had never visited Ningbo before, so I'm not familiar with other hotels in the city, and I'd somehow never ended up at a Westin, so this hotel was my first experience with the brand.

The hotel is about a 10-minute taxi ride from the Ningbo train station, and is a short walk from a large shopping mall with a range of international chain restaurants and retail (i.e., Starbucks, Uniqlo, DQ, etc.). There can be a wait for taxis at peak hours - an inescapable problem in many Chinese cities.

Check-in was slightly ragged, as the front desk was flummoxed by my visa when they copied my passport details. Apparently, the visa type was unfamiliar to them, and everything ground to a halt for a few minutes. I was given a room on a "Starwood Preferred Guest" floor. The hotel is new, and everything in the room looked fresh and in reasonable working order although an awkward cordless phone extension seemed like a relic from the 80s. While not especially big, the room had all the expected features, including a desk and a small couch next to the window, which offered a panoramic city view. The bathroom included a separate shower and tub, as well as a (to me, at least) slightly mystifying pop-up drain plug in the sink. The bedding was comfortable.

The breakfast buffet was fine, although the self-serve coffee machine is an unusual format for this category of hotel. The food included multiple Western and Asian options, as well as a choice of fruit, yogurt, etc., and a big selection of breads and pastries.

Likely because the hotel is new, the hotel sometimes struggled with service. Staff forgot a drink order in the executive lounge. In the dining room, everyone person on duty would be clustered in one area while guests were left to fend for themselves. The "business center" is a lone computer terminal and printer - an afterthought tucked into a lavish display area for peddling Westin's bedding and other branded doodads. When I asked the staff to help me with the computer's Internet connection, I was told it was disconnected and couldn't be fixed.

The service glitches certainly didn't ruin my stay - all in all, the Westin is a viable choice if you want a new, international chain hotel in the center of Ningbo.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
TheWestinNB, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Ningbo, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guest,
We highly appreciated for your such positive comments, I am pleased that you enjoyed the time in our hotel.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Hotel is very clean and nice, was there from 12/18 - 12-24. since week of Xmas hotel was not busy. very cold outside and also cold inside. Hotel did not put on heat on in places other than your room where we controlled our own heat. food at breakfast was above average and we were happy with it but we went once for Dinner and it was horrible, i would recommend eating dinner outside of Hotel. we went to Pool and spa, Massage was AWESOME! the spa was below average , very nice but hot pool was cold and relaxing room pools were also both cold. Very large a beautiful pool , we enjoyed a nice swim. fitness room is basic, couple treadmills and a few weights , very small but was good enough for me, if hotel was busy I can see this being a problem. Room was very nice, very clean and good size. I will probably stay here again on my next visit to ningbo. I spoke with hotel staff and hopefully they fix the few issues i had so i can give a more positive review next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
TheWestinNB, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Ningbo, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Guest,
We highly appreciated for your such positive comments. Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that we have not met your expectations with respect to the areas you have mentioned. I have shared your comments with my team and we will certainly be looking to improvements based on your valuable comments.
Your feedback is very important to us. I do hope that these isolated incidents do not detract from you providing us with another opportunity to welcome you back to the Westin Ningbo in the near future.

Geretsried, Germany
Reviewed 26 November 2013

- awful service (check-in took forever, my wish to upgrade to the executive floor was not even understood by staff)
- food only average (hot breakfast served in club lounge was mostly cold, only two different tea's of bad quality available - guys we are in China?!)
+ property new, rooms spacious and clean, but smelly and a little moist
- club lounge decoration simple, furniture worn off

One more story in regards of the service: one night I have ordered food to the room, subsequently I have received two calls from room-service to "verify" my order. By then about 20 mts have passed already. Later I have received a third call, asking me to open the door, but no one has knocked yet. I have opened the door and the member of staff was walking up and down the aisle, cooling down my food ;-) because they forgot to place a lid over the plate. However the burger was slightly under-cooked and the cap of the San Pellegrino was broken. About half way the burger someone else was knocking on the door. A manager was inquiring whether I had not been able to open the door from the inside!? Speechless ....

When staff turned down my request for some nice tea (I usually prefer Pu-erh or Oolong), they started arguing instead of finding solutions or making the customer to shut up another way.

Lack of CIP and positive management culture at this property ...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
TheWestinNB, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Ningbo, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,
we highly appreciated for your such positive comments. Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with my team and we will certainly be looking to improvements based on your valuable comments.

Warm Regards,
Hangzhou, China
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Our family spent a nice weekend in Ningbo. We decided to stay in Westin as it had pretty good reviews and it's location is perfect.

The pros
-excellent location near shopping and restaurants
-good quality rooms
-excellent bed and decent choice of pillows
-good and polite service level
-decent English skills
-good swimming pool

The cons
-room could be bigger
-breakfast was very average and taste of food not on level I would have expected
-nothing else really

To sum it up: this is good hotel. Safe choice in Ningbo no matter you come here for business or leisure. I would come here again.

Room Tip: High floor