I consider myself a world traveler and often travel all over South America, Central America and the Carribean. My review is basis my experience of staying in different kinds of hotels in South America
1. Excellent decent speed internet. I could watch you tube videos and make skype calls. The internet not even dropped once during my stay.
2. High pressure hot water available 24 hours. I was there for 5 days and took bath at different times. The hot water was genuinely hot and the pressure was high. By the way, I struggle to recieve hot water in the most famous hotels in South America.
3. Sound Proof. The rooms are genuinely sound proof. I never heard any sounds whatsoever. Another rare convenience seldom found in modern day hotels.
4. Front Desk.. Extremely polite, friendly and helpful front desk. Absolutely no complaints. They won my heart, literally.
5. Location . In a safe, central part of town. Close a to a BBVA ATM machine/bank, drug store, BBQ wings restautant and a Juan valdez coffee shop. Taxis available 24/7.
6. Breakfast..very adequate. No eggs to order. But a wide selection of fruits,, juices, bread and other things
7. The "do not disturb" sign was honored by the housekeeping staff in the late morning. A big rarity in modern day hotels.
8. Inviting Guests. This was important for me as I regularly invited single local guests to my room. Their was no harrassment by the hotel staff. A copy of guest id was taken by the front desk for my safety and security reasons. When leaving the hotel, I was not charged extra for the guests. By the way, I was staying alone and had booked room for 2 people. So that was honored by the front desk.
9. Room was neat and clean. The housekeeping did a nice job daily. No restrictions on change of towels, bedsheets on pretext of saving water.
10. Most important...price. Perhaps, I would not be so lavish in my praises if the price was not so low. I paid just about 90 usd a night for all the nice services as described above.
1. The hotel works on the model of Holiday Inn. No room service. The room has no glass for drinking water etc. However, one can fetch it from below , from the pantry.
2.The gym is small. Just some treadmill, bicycle, and some deadbells. disappointing. I wish their was a barbell or something to do squats, deadlifts etc
3. No swimming pool. Just a hot tub.
4. No refrigerator in the room.
5. In day time, lot of guys from the hotel helping with taxis and even noting down the taxi number. But suprisingly, in night time ( after 7 pm)..no one is there to help you take a taxi or take down its number etc.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. You would be happy, you chose it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home of the Barranquilla Carnival, the Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla is located in one the most exclusive neighborhoods in the north of the city. World-class medical and hospital facilities as well as the main business districts and industrial parks of Barranquilla surround our hotel. It is the perfect location for business and leisure travelers. Enjoy our comfortable rooms with work space, free internet access and free hot breakfast. Start the day with an energizing workout at the gym located on the 12th floor terrace. Our guests can earn points and miles through the HHonors program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.