“One of the best hotels in South America”

Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Barranquilla
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best hotels in South America”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I consider myself a world traveler and often travel all over South America, Central America and the Carribean. My review is basis my experience of staying in different kinds of hotels in South America

Pros

1. Excellent decent speed internet. I could watch you tube videos and make skype calls. The internet not even dropped once during my stay.

2. High pressure hot water available 24 hours. I was there for 5 days and took bath at different times. The hot water was genuinely hot and the pressure was high. By the way, I struggle to recieve hot water in the most famous hotels in South America.

3. Sound Proof. The rooms are genuinely sound proof. I never heard any sounds whatsoever. Another rare convenience seldom found in modern day hotels.

4. Front Desk.. Extremely polite, friendly and helpful front desk. Absolutely no complaints. They won my heart, literally.

5. Location . In a safe, central part of town. Close a to a BBVA ATM machine/bank, drug store, BBQ wings restautant and a Juan valdez coffee shop. Taxis available 24/7.

6. Breakfast..very adequate. No eggs to order. But a wide selection of fruits,, juices, bread and other things

7. The "do not disturb" sign was honored by the housekeeping staff in the late morning. A big rarity in modern day hotels.

8. Inviting Guests. This was important for me as I regularly invited single local guests to my room. Their was no harrassment by the hotel staff. A copy of guest id was taken by the front desk for my safety and security reasons. When leaving the hotel, I was not charged extra for the guests. By the way, I was staying alone and had booked room for 2 people. So that was honored by the front desk.

9. Room was neat and clean. The housekeeping did a nice job daily. No restrictions on change of towels, bedsheets on pretext of saving water.

10. Most important...price. Perhaps, I would not be so lavish in my praises if the price was not so low. I paid just about 90 usd a night for all the nice services as described above.

Cons

1. The hotel works on the model of Holiday Inn. No room service. The room has no glass for drinking water etc. However, one can fetch it from below , from the pantry.

2.The gym is small. Just some treadmill, bicycle, and some deadbells. disappointing. I wish their was a barbell or something to do squats, deadlifts etc

3. No swimming pool. Just a hot tub.

4. No refrigerator in the room.

5. In day time, lot of guys from the hotel helping with taxis and even noting down the taxi number. But suprisingly, in night time ( after 7 pm)..no one is there to help you take a taxi or take down its number etc.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. You would be happy, you chose it.

Room Tip: All rooms are same. No great views in Barranquilla
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sally M
William F, Gerente at Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
@Sally M All of the team here at the #hamptonbyhiltonbarranquilla thanks you for such flattering and motivating message about our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Barranquilla, only for let you know since July we will have refrigerators in the room, We Love having you HERE!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Had a great time in Barranquilla, the staff at the hotel was absolutely awesome. Very helpful in everything my daughter and I needed. From check in to check out, the staff was there. The rooms were kept clean at all times, nothing was ever missing. When items were needed they brought to us right away.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

William F, Gerente at Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
@Jhon C We really appreciate your recent comment of our Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla. We feel so happy to read that our hotel meets your expectations and also that you enjoyed our Modern Rooms and services. Once again thank you for your trust in our hotel and our brand and we hope to see you soon. We love having you here!!!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stay was from 23-28 March 2014. The second week we stayed with family in Puerto, Colombia. In a country that speaks proximately Spanish, Jorge Vargas was the most helpful though out our stay and spoke English. My sister-in-law is from Colombia so that is who we relied upon most of the time. Now I will not compare this hotel to others in the states or in other countries. That is where people tend to disappoint their selves and drop ratings. For me the room was a nice size and it was a corner room which gave me a little bit more room. Room was clean; there was a safe in room, light in closet which came on when you opened it. Breakfast was excellent every morning to me. Scrambled eggs, sausage, breads, cereals, fruits, cheese, lunch meat, mini pancakes, juices a commercial grade machine for hot water, hot chocolate, coffee, just the works. Each day different pastries or some Colombian dish. They really go out for their breakfasts overseas. Real plates, silverware, and glass cups. I normally try to get a picture of this area but there was always people ready waiting to get to breakfast. Exercise room on 12th flr roof top. Enclosed in glass for a lovely view during workout and air conditioned. You have access to computers if you like to check your internet accounts. The cool thing I like about the hotel is your key only takes you to the floor your room is on, except up to the 12th to exercise or lobby where breakfast & computers are. Since I was with family and they were on the 11th flr the hotel had to give me a key only to the 11th flr. We had all checked in together. Your lights and the AC/Heat do not operate unless you are in the rm with your key in a special slot to activate these functions. Funny thing was I left the TV on to go work out and came back and it was still on. So I guess it isn’t on the same system. Oh they don’t have ice machines on the floors you have to get it from the front desk. They do have Wi-Fi which worked great for me. Every day and throughout the day the staff greeted you which was always nice. You can tell a lot of business types and Americans use this hotel. I truly enjoyed my stay. Would stay again.

Room Tip: There is a Buffalo Wild Wings part of the complex and a popular coffee shop.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank msworldadventure
William F, Gerente at Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
@msworldadventure All of the team here at the #hamptonbyhiltonbarranquilla thanks you for such flattering and motivating message about our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Barranquilla.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

It's a very nice hotel, but something I really apreciate is having a freezer on my room to enjoy a fresh beverage when I want to and with Barranquilla weather is more than necessary. Service and attention were so good.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
@Juan G All of the team here at the #hamptonbyhiltonbarranquilla thanks you for such flattering and motivating message about our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Barranquilla, only for let you know next month we will have fridge in the rooms.

Mesa, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The staff was extremely helpful and the breakfast was always well stocked and available even on days when the hotel was very busy. With the Juan Valdez Café next door, Buffalo Wings restaurant upstairs, and a drugstore next door, it was well located and with access to everything I needed during my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

@Donald G All of the team here at the #hamptonbyhiltonbarranquilla thanks you for such flattering and motivating message about our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Barranquilla. Remenber We Love having you here!!!

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We have stayed in this hotel during a part of our holidays for a week or more, and I can say that everything was really good (Food, restaurant, bed, room, general facilities, hotel staff, parking, hotel location).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
William F, Gerente at Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
@Karlchen_10 All of the team here at the Hampton by Hilton barranquilla thanks you for such flattering and motivating message about our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Barranquilla.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

After having a very positive experience at the sister property of this hotel in Cartagena, we didn't think twice before booking when visiting Barranquilla.

The décor, atmosphere, and amenities, as well as room design and features, are pretty much identical in both hotels - so check my review of the Cartagena hotel to get a feel for these.

On the down side, this hotel doesn't have a pool, so if that's a must for you I'll advise you look for more upmarket options in the city.

Having say that, they do have a nice gym area with amazing views of the city.

So, on the whole, if you just need a comfortable, modern place to stay, in a relatively good location, and don't wish to brake the bank, then keep this hotel in mind.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
@NovDoh All of the team here at the #hamptonbyhiltonbarranquilla thanks you for such flattering and motivating message about our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Barranquilla, for let you know now we have a nice terraza witn jacuzzi for your next trip.