“Worst experience - Not worth 90 dollars a day”

Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Barranquilla
Reviewed 18 May 2014

No wardrobe, no microwave in the room, when asked they get you vegetable baskets. For microwave they tell you please visit the 1st floor to get your food warmed while I was staying in the 6th floor. The objective of warming the food is gone. I would never recommend someone to go to this place. Everytime you ask something - you will see the front desk guy coming up to your room. They dont have bell boys I guess :( Bad and pathetic infrastructure is an understatement. Fortunately I stepped out in a day out of the place cancelling my booking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jgaanesh
William F, Gerente at Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

@jgaanesh my name is William Fonseca Castro, General Manager from Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, I want to say to you how grateful we are for choosing us in your stay, also I want to express our focus services because for what you said the concept is not what you expected and the reason maybe is because we are a different concept in hotels, we offer to our customer: The fastest Internet, Balance and complete breakfast, Gym area, Central Location, Restaurant in the second Floor with discounts and close by our hotel.
Hampton Hotels around the world handle the same concept (Focus Services), but in this case we just want to make your stay most comfortable the next time, we are open to listen your opinion and suggestions because is very important for us.

There are newer reviews for Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Having stayed at many Hampton Inns and other Hilton properties around the world I know the standard they maintain. My wife and I were disappointed with this hotel. One of the main reasons we choose Hampton Inn is because of the nice breakfast included with the room. At this property we found all the items on the breakfast bar to be cold and not very well prepared. This is also below the industry standard in Colombia. Also, the rooms were poorly stocked and the coffee station was hidden away. There was not an adequate area designed for its use. The room only had two packs off coffee, one dirty cup and no tea. REALLY!!!, In COLOMBIA and you cant even provide COFFEE! No bottle of water or any other complimentary items normally found at Hampton Inns. Each time I asked for the room to be restocked the would only send one or two packs of sugar and tea. They acted as if I were asking for their first born child!

The standard Hilton clock and bed covering was not exactly the same as I have seen at all other locations. I don't think this hotel is fully following Hilton procedures and way of operating. Maybe its a FAKE Hampton Inn????

The location has good, free, secure parking and several other restaurants and stores onsite.

The desk staff were very professional and seemed to be doing everything they could to be accommodating. They also spoke very good English.

I was told on checking in that the Hotel had a 100% guarantee. However, when I complained about room during my stay and on checkout, THEY OFFERED NOTHING. I did not expect the room for free, as it was still a good value, but they could had offered something.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PalmettoDiver

@PalmettoD Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. Our major purpose is to offer an innovative and friendly service in order to exceed our guest expectations. . We really appreciate your valuable feedback about our Brand that is Hampton and we hope to see you again in barranquilla.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I consider myself a world traveler and often travel all over South America, Central America and the Carribean. My review is basis my experience of staying in different kinds of hotels in South America

Pros

1. Excellent decent speed internet. I could watch you tube videos and make skype calls. The internet not even dropped once during my stay.

2. High pressure hot water available 24 hours. I was there for 5 days and took bath at different times. The hot water was genuinely hot and the pressure was high. By the way, I struggle to recieve hot water in the most famous hotels in South America.

3. Sound Proof. The rooms are genuinely sound proof. I never heard any sounds whatsoever. Another rare convenience seldom found in modern day hotels.

4. Front Desk.. Extremely polite, friendly and helpful front desk. Absolutely no complaints. They won my heart, literally.

5. Location . In a safe, central part of town. Close a to a BBVA ATM machine/bank, drug store, BBQ wings restautant and a Juan valdez coffee shop. Taxis available 24/7.

6. Breakfast..very adequate. No eggs to order. But a wide selection of fruits,, juices, bread and other things

7. The "do not disturb" sign was honored by the housekeeping staff in the late morning. A big rarity in modern day hotels.

8. Inviting Guests. This was important for me as I regularly invited single local guests to my room. Their was no harrassment by the hotel staff. A copy of guest id was taken by the front desk for my safety and security reasons. When leaving the hotel, I was not charged extra for the guests. By the way, I was staying alone and had booked room for 2 people. So that was honored by the front desk.

9. Room was neat and clean. The housekeeping did a nice job daily. No restrictions on change of towels, bedsheets on pretext of saving water.

10. Most important...price. Perhaps, I would not be so lavish in my praises if the price was not so low. I paid just about 90 usd a night for all the nice services as described above.

Cons

1. The hotel works on the model of Holiday Inn. No room service. The room has no glass for drinking water etc. However, one can fetch it from below , from the pantry.

2.The gym is small. Just some treadmill, bicycle, and some deadbells. disappointing. I wish their was a barbell or something to do squats, deadlifts etc

3. No swimming pool. Just a hot tub.

4. No refrigerator in the room.

5. In day time, lot of guys from the hotel helping with taxis and even noting down the taxi number. But suprisingly, in night time ( after 7 pm)..no one is there to help you take a taxi or take down its number etc.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. You would be happy, you chose it.

Room Tip: All rooms are same. No great views in Barranquilla
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sally M
William F, Gerente at Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

@Sally M All of the team here at the #hamptonbyhiltonbarranquilla thanks you for such flattering and motivating message about our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Barranquilla, only for let you know since July we will have refrigerators in the room, We Love having you HERE!!!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Had a great time in Barranquilla, the staff at the hotel was absolutely awesome. Very helpful in everything my daughter and I needed. From check in to check out, the staff was there. The rooms were kept clean at all times, nothing was ever missing. When items were needed they brought to us right away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
William F, Gerente at Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

@Jhon C We really appreciate your recent comment of our Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla. We feel so happy to read that our hotel meets your expectations and also that you enjoyed our Modern Rooms and services. Once again thank you for your trust in our hotel and our brand and we hope to see you soon. We love having you here!!!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stay was from 23-28 March 2014. The second week we stayed with family in Puerto, Colombia. In a country that speaks proximately Spanish, Jorge Vargas was the most helpful though out our stay and spoke English. My sister-in-law is from Colombia so that is who we relied upon most of the time. Now I will not compare this hotel to others in the states or in other countries. That is where people tend to disappoint their selves and drop ratings. For me the room was a nice size and it was a corner room which gave me a little bit more room. Room was clean; there was a safe in room, light in closet which came on when you opened it. Breakfast was excellent every morning to me. Scrambled eggs, sausage, breads, cereals, fruits, cheese, lunch meat, mini pancakes, juices a commercial grade machine for hot water, hot chocolate, coffee, just the works. Each day different pastries or some Colombian dish. They really go out for their breakfasts overseas. Real plates, silverware, and glass cups. I normally try to get a picture of this area but there was always people ready waiting to get to breakfast. Exercise room on 12th flr roof top. Enclosed in glass for a lovely view during workout and air conditioned. You have access to computers if you like to check your internet accounts. The cool thing I like about the hotel is your key only takes you to the floor your room is on, except up to the 12th to exercise or lobby where breakfast & computers are. Since I was with family and they were on the 11th flr the hotel had to give me a key only to the 11th flr. We had all checked in together. Your lights and the AC/Heat do not operate unless you are in the rm with your key in a special slot to activate these functions. Funny thing was I left the TV on to go work out and came back and it was still on. So I guess it isn’t on the same system. Oh they don’t have ice machines on the floors you have to get it from the front desk. They do have Wi-Fi which worked great for me. Every day and throughout the day the staff greeted you which was always nice. You can tell a lot of business types and Americans use this hotel. I truly enjoyed my stay. Would stay again.

Room Tip: There is a Buffalo Wild Wings part of the complex and a popular coffee shop.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank msworldadventure
William F, Gerente at Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

@msworldadventure All of the team here at the #hamptonbyhiltonbarranquilla thanks you for such flattering and motivating message about our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Barranquilla.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

It's a very nice hotel, but something I really apreciate is having a freezer on my room to enjoy a fresh beverage when I want to and with Barranquilla weather is more than necessary. Service and attention were so good.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

@Juan G All of the team here at the #hamptonbyhiltonbarranquilla thanks you for such flattering and motivating message about our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Barranquilla, only for let you know next month we will have fridge in the rooms.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The staff was extremely helpful and the breakfast was always well stocked and available even on days when the hotel was very busy. With the Juan Valdez Café next door, Buffalo Wings restaurant upstairs, and a drugstore next door, it was well located and with access to everything I needed during my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

@Donald G All of the team here at the #hamptonbyhiltonbarranquilla thanks you for such flattering and motivating message about our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Barranquilla. Remenber We Love having you here!!!