“Very nice hotel, very nice service”

Dann Carlton Barranquilla
Ranked #19 of 59 Hotels in Barranquilla
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We have many problems with the airline and the bags, and they take care of everything for us!! It is well located and the pool area is very nice. Me and my husband had a romantic dinner in the roof bar, the food was amazing and the view make it even better. me and my family were very pleased to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 1 April 2014

Dear Katerina

Thank you very much for kind words regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to welcoming you soon back again.

Best regards

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Words are powerless to express my gratitude..excellent service start when you call to book your room, then at registration the day of your arrival, and every time you enter or leave the hotel. Staff are always willing to help you not only with your luggage but with any need that you might have.
Excellent service, stunning professionalism!!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and spacey.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Dann C, Publicist at Dann Carlton Barranquilla, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Mr Victor,

Thank you very much for kind words regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Best regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My family and I have stayed here on various occasions and look forward to our next trip back! We have family in Barranquilla so we visit frequently and have stayed and different hotels, but this is the best one! It is located directly across from the main mall which is a great, safe location and we can do all shopping there as it has a supermarket on the ground floor. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The restaurant has amazing breakfast, which is great because a Colombian breakfast is one of the best. The pool is perfect and is very refreshing as the weather is always hot. Service is nice and the staff are helpful and friendly. Another plus is the party/event rooms as my family attended a wedding there a few years ago. It's large and can accommodate large number of guests. The hotel is very nice to have a wedding, especially next to the beautiful pool. It's very easy to get around the city with the number of taxis waiting around, just need to be able to bargain with them as they do take advantage of tourists. Highly recommend staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor would be more ideal since the city looks beautiful at night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 183nicolem

Dear Nicole,

Thank you very much for kind words regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.
We are delighted to here that you liked your stay in our house and that we could exceed your expectation. Looking forward to your return visit,

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Basic accommodations, but modern hotel for the area. Hotel lobby and rooms are beautiful - white marble floors, air conditioning throughout. The staff is helpful and some speak helpful English though it helped to be with our Spanish-speaking colleague. The breakfast buffet was basic, coffee was good as I expected it to be in Colombia. The lobby restaurant was closed for renovations during part of my stay, so breakfast one day was staged in the revolving restaurant (that was not revolving that morning). Did not have opportunity to have dinner there because we went across the street for dinner.
Across the street are the Buenavista malls (two malls/buildings) with modern shopping (a lot of upscale brands) and dining reminiscent of any North American mall food court plus additional stand-alone restaurants throughout.
When I return to Barranquilla, I will again stay at the Dann Carlton.

Room Tip: Overlooking the mall/main street, street/traffic noise was surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Derek,

In order to your review about your stay in our hotel, our commitment is to satisfy our guests with the highest quality standards, with excellence and the five stars service that characterized our franchise. We are very happy to hear that the hotel met all of your expectations. We will be very pleased to welcome you back in our hotel

Thank you for all of your kind comments.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Very modern but pretty basic accommodations. Across the street from plenty of shopping. The views from the restaurant were spectacular. It was a revolving floor. Service at the restaurant was disastrously slow. Go only for a drink. And this was when our group was the only ones present. Great pool. Very clean

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have reviewed other Dann Carlton hotels in Quito, Bucaramanga, etc., and I did not think I could find a better experience than those hotels. However, I have to say that the Hotel Dann Carlton Barranquilla rates the superlative on all accounts -- an incredible experience in all respects!!!

I had to organize a conference for 350 local people at this hotel, and from the get-go, Sra. Eliana in the "Events" section was superb, organizing every last detail of our conference with efficiency, promptness, and most importantly, genuine friendliness. When I met her in person, I realized that her friendly emails were simply a reflection of one of the warmest and most helpful people that I have dealt with in my experience in booking conferences. It is obvious that she loves her job!

This was what won me (and my colleagues) over at this hotel --sincere, genuine friendly smiles and helpful gestures in every detail, nothing excluded. We checked in at 1 a.m., and David, the receptionist, greeted us with that perfect mixture of professionalism and friendliness....he was waiting for us and had all our paperwork in order. He spoke perfect English for those in our party who did not speak Spanish. Throughout our stay of several days he greeted each of our party of five by name every time he saw us. The cleaning staff flashed a genuine smile and "Buenos días" every time they saw us. It's those little touches that make one feel 'at home' while away from home -- and what make a hotel stand out among the many that are out there.

The hotel is immaculate, obviously having been remodeled recently. The large rooms are very tastefully decorated in a modern style, and they are very sound-proof. This is a hot city, but the AC in the rooms is quiet but efficient, providing a very comfortable sleeping experience.

The hotel has a 17th-floor rotating restaurant that serves top quality international and local recipes at prices that are very affordable. Perhaps the only suggestion I would make is that the saxophonist who played for us while we dined made it very hard to carry on a conversation without having to shout. :) But this is just a minor detail in what was overall a wonderful experience. Simply writing about this hotel makes me want to return there.

I continue to be impressed by the Dann Carlton chain, and I can unequivocally state that when my business calls me to back in Barranquilla, I will not even consider booking anywhere else than this hotel. I suspect the reception staff would still remember my name...no exaggeration!

1  Thank William G
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed for a week on a business trip. Efficient check-in. Helpful staff who could and would cope with my abysmal Spanish. Helpful in arranging taxis and transport to airport in Cartagena. Large room with good beds and comfortable sitting area. Breakfast was superb. Efficient laundry service. Convenient to have a mall across the street. Probably not exciting place to stay for a holiday, but quite good for business.

Room Tip: Was close to the top and it was quiet.