“as guest of COPA Air”

Ranked #51 of 88 Hotels in Cali
Islamorada, Florida
“as guest of COPA Air”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed here unexpectedly when my flight out of Cali was delayed and COPA Air informed me that I would therefore miss my connecting flight in Panamá. They said I could fly on to Panamá or remain in Cali another night and they would pay for room, meals and transportation either way. I chose to remain in Cali and was driven to Hotel Vizcaya Real with a voucher for one night's stay plus meals.
The hotel is older and somewhat dated but very clean and updated with new flat screen TVs in room. The room was somewhat small but comfortable with older furniture but had a brand new mattress on the bed. There is a small pool and a spa/gym for the guests to use. Good food from the restaurant and a there is a small bar off of the lobby. The service was good and when I inquired about an ATM machine I was sent a block away and they had a policeman who was in the restaurant escort me. It is not an unsafe neighborhood but as it was dark out this was a nice gesture and ensured my safety.
As I was a guest of the airline I don't know what the room rate was but this seems like a nice hotel for business travelers. The shower had ample hot water, the air conditioning is very good with remote control and the bed very comfortable with many pillows and good sheets and blanket. My only complaint is about the wifi system the signal was too weak for me to use and I had to take my laptop to the lobby to write emails.
The only reason I would have for not returning is that i always stay in the southern part of Cali. If i was looking for a hotel uptown I would certainly consider the Vizcaya Real, also I forgot to mention that the rooms seem nearly soundproof there was no noise from outside on a busy weekday morning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank franco1470

Travellers also viewed these Cali hotels
OfiHotel Versalles
Hotel MS Centenario
Hotel MS Centenario
#52 of 88 in Cali
Hotel Metropolis Plaza

Been to Hotel Vizcaya Real? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Vizcaya Real

Property: Hotel Vizcaya Real
Address: Street 20N No 5AN - 30 Versalles, Cali, Colombia
Region: Colombia > Valle del Cauca Department > Cali
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #51 of 88 Hotels in Cali
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Vizcaya Real 3*
Welcome to our HOTEL VIZCAYA REAL, where you can find a lot of alternatives of room and comfort, you will count with a special environment designed for your absolute comfort. We count with 66 simple rooms, multiple, Junior suite and Presidential Suite, equipped with high comfort specifications and the best security. We dispose of rooms to doing your activities and events, between themselves: 4 rooms with capacity from 200 persons, conference room, Coffe-Bar, Restaurant, wet zone and Gym. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Vizcaya Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.