“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #2 of 89 Hotels in Cali
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed here for 6 days in Sept'13.

Pros

1. extremely polite staff
2. Excellent rooms ( i was on 10th floor with a view of the moutains).
3. Excellent location right next to the mall with 1000's of eating options and a cinema.
4. Hotel has taxis parked in front, the drivers are vetted beforhand by the hotel. excellent.
5. Arrived early, was allowed to check in by 1400 instead of 1500.
6. Nice restaurant, in the hotel but expensive.
7. Breakfast adeqaute with lot of fruit options.
8. The hotel has its private small gym with dumb bells and treadmills..used it often. The hotel is also affiliated to a gym in a adjacent mall. You can use that bigger gym but you have to pay about 8 us$ for it, per use.
9. Excellent high speed internet.
10. Hot water always there in abundance in the shower.
11. Excellent housekeeping. very polite girls cleaning the room with high integrity.
12. Room service good too. ordered a meal once at 4 am. It came out good.
13. rooms were absolutely sound proof. Never got disturbed. Noise is always a game changer for me when I rate hotels.
14. The lifts were high speed and never had to wait too long for them.
15. Excellent pricing of the hotel at about 130 us$ a night. hard to find a room of this standard in such a hotel in other big cities of the world.

Cons

difficult to find.

1. the room had some small insects. I mean really small like ants. They seem to be all over the place. They did not bite or infectious but were all over the place probably cos of the proximity to the mountains.
2. At checkout, the guy on duty ( early morning 6 am) was a little hostile. I was surprised because thats the only time I felt such behaviour in the hotel.

Highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Take a room on 10th floor facing the mountains
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Was staying on the outskirts of Cali just last week and decided to stay at this hotel for the last couple of days before heading back to the US. The rooms are spacious and very clean. We are a family of 5 and fit just right. Staff was very friendly and very accomadating. The location is perfect,places to eat in the mall and loads of shops, Also a market called Exito if you want some snacks or drinks for the room. Kids went to the movies daily and found their way back to the hotel with no problem. Breakfast buffet was delicous and to me did have every kind of Colombian breakfast item avialable and then some. My negative comments: I was told that when I arrived the breakfast was included but this was from the man that brought up our bags, when I went to breakfast and had to give my room # I was told it was not. The pool is small, but not a problem since we were the only ones who used it all day besides another boy and his family, and a couple of young women.Before booking the hotel I called and called unable to get thru to confirm airport transportation.I booked anyway after trying all day. When I arrived at the hotel it took days for them to confirm it. When my cousin came and complained I was accomadated and confirmed that they would be able to bring my family of 5 to the airport at 4:30 am,.So all and all satisfied.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
New York, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

But I was not impressed with the hotel. It seems like everyone else loves the hotel and it has such great reviews, yet I was disappointed. Overall the hotel in itself is cool looking and exceptionally located, but I expected more luxury. I went with my mother and father as part of our vacation. I visit Cali with my family almost yearly. I have stayed in El Intercontinental and recently in the Dann Carlton, but since I read such great reviews for the Spiwak we decided to try it. We got a room on the 10th floor facing the mountains with a balcony. The view was okay nothing exhilarating. The room was spacious but a bit disappointing since we had gotten used to the living room plus bedroom area offered at both the inter and dann Carlton, here it was just one big room with two beds and a couch altogether. I was expecting more luxury, the bathrooms were plain the shower head hardly had any pressure and the closet was barely big enough for one person let alone three! The plus side were the very comfy beds and sheets. As far as the food I found it lacking. I did not look forward to the breakfast, I'm not one to complain about food but really the food was terrible and a complete misrepresentation of Colombian food. The breakfast buffet was so dull and flavorless, whereas the inter and dann Carlton both had exquisite meals. On the plus side the location of the hotel is unbeatable. However one incident marred my entire stay and that was that on my last night there, I found a huge cockaroach in the shower! It was so disgusting and I have a phobia of roaches and I was immediatly distressed! I had never encountered a roach in a hotel room in my life not even when we have stayed in 2-3 /star hotels! I was so shocked especially because we are on the 10th floor and I didn't think they reached that high. Nonetheless my experience was average, I most likely will not come back because I don't believe it's worth the price especially there are roaches, which is unheard of in "5 star hotels!"

Room Tip: Higher floor better view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Serv_ClienteSpiwak, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Spiwak Chipichape Cali, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Mrs. Yulie,
Your comments and personal experiences during your stay are very important to us.
We offer our most sincere apologize for the insect that might have been at your bathroom, we have been checking what could have happened, since our installations are periodically under pest control inspection.
We would like to know more about you experience with the catering service. It is extremely important to attend our clients and guests unconformities, this would help us giving an improved service at our organization.
We thank you in advance for the time taken to write down your comments. Do not hesitate to contact us for further comments.
Best regards,
Sara Conde – Customer Relations Coordinator
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here for 10 days for Work. The rooms are big , comfortable and clean. The breakfast spread was very good .The hotel is attached to a big mall and has plenty of places to eat , shop and get entertained. The only negative was the Internet connection which worked decently in the living room but when moved away was extremely poor inside the bed room.

Dear Guest,
It is an honor for hotel Spiwak Chipichape Cali, to have served you as our guest. Thanks for letting us know your positive comments about your stay.
We appreciate that you have felt comfortable in our rooms. We work every day to improve our quality standards and knowing such positive comments, give us an insight that we are doing our job correctly.
We are working hard to improve our Wi Fi plataform. We just made a lot of changes with connections and systems. The internet is being proofed and our new enhanced internet connection will be launched soon.
Thank you so much for your comment; this is very important for us. We want to know our guest experiences and suggestions, and learn how we can improve. We would love to have your visit once again soon.
Best Regards,
Sara Conde – Customer Relations Coordinator
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Was here on business July 2013. The staff was attentive and management made sure my stay was perfect. Great location as it is attached to a shopping mall. The restaurants and bar is second to none. Jhon the bartender is friendly, fun and very good at what he does. Price was competitive with other hotels in the area, but when you stay here, you stay in luxury. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 9th or 10th floor, you get and incredible balcony and view. The 3rd floor can...
Cupar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is an amazing hotel. The 11 storey building is built on the very north west edge of the city of Cali right beside the mountains. It is constructed like a hollowed out pineapple and right on top of a massive shopping mall. Rooms are very large and comfortable and the facilities are of the highest international standard. Staff are friendly and helpful and the food is excellent. It is said to be the best hotel in Cali and I can see why.

Room Tip: Ninth and tenth floors have balconies but all room face outward either over the city or the mountain...
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Hotel is good, its not a real 4 star but its clean and everyone who works there is friendly and hard working.
The spot is really neat, its attached to a mall and there are tons of places to eat.
Great spot in Cali.