“Don't Come for Peace and Quite”

Hotel Spiwak Chipichape Cali
Ranked #2 of 90 Hotels in Cali
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My first (and last) stay. It is thursday night and I have to be up at 5:00am for my flight out. The rooms here open out into an open area of the shopping center below. An extremely loud band with singing has been playing for 3 hours so loud my room floor is vibrating. The music is awful and the singer is screaming the same songs each song. It is impossible to sleep. Why build a hotel with each floor opening to overlooking the shopping area below is pure stupidity. Maybe music on Friday and Saturday but still a guest should expect some sort of quiet.
And the wifi connection in the room is very sporadic. Impossible to complete my work. Too bad because the room is very nice and breakfast is above average.

Room Tip: Another hotel - all rooms face the open balcony to shopping center below.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Serv_ClienteSpiwak, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Spiwak Chipichape Cali, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Sr.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and let us know your dissatisfaction, so that we can improve our mistakes and offer you next time a comfortable and pleasant stay in our Hotel.

We offer you our apologies for the inconvenience you had with the noise on your last night in the Hotel, but we want to let you know that the loud music was part of an event that a company hire the Hotel to celebrate, which didn’t comply with the sound level that was permitted, causing the dissatisfaction you shared with us, but this is not an everyday situation.

Furthermore we inform you that the Wi-Fi difficulties that you were having was because we are making improvements in the hotel's Wi-Fi network to provide efficient service.

On the other hand we are glad you can be satisfied with the comfort of our rooms and we look forward to welcome you back into the Hotel Spiwak Chipichape Cali a preferred hotel, and can offer you a new and better experience.

Karen Gonzàlez - Customer Relations Coordinator

There are newer reviews for Hotel Spiwak Chipichape Cali

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel is directly connected to a very nice shopping mall. This makes life very easy regarding getting a nice meal or to do some shopping. But also the hotel itsself is really excellent! Rooms are very clean, the bed is comfortable and to take a shower is indeed a pleasure. All people belonging to the stuff are very friendly and helpfull. But one of the best things to mention about this comfartable hotel is the great breakfast. The possibilities to create an individual breakfeast that is the first highlight of the day are excellent! And one of the very good news is that the scrambeld eggs are changing every day.
All over all Spiwak at Chipichape is for me the first choice in Cali

Room Tip: In case that you are a smoker you should ask for a room with balkony
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sr. Jordan

Is very gratifying for us to know so positive comments, thank you very much for sharing your point of view about our Hotel and highlight the excellence of our services, our good location connected to the shopping mall and the human quality of our workers who are always there to answer questions with a very friendly attitude.

It is very valuable to us know you satisfaction with the breakfast because is a perfect reason to start good your day. Thank you once more and we hope to count with your presence in a next opportunity to continue making of your stay an unforgettable experience.

Karen González P. – Customer Relations Coordinator

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I were in town visiting his family and we spent 4 nights at this hotel. There was an issue at check-in but Estefania was on top of it. She was extremely helpful and recommended some great restaurants in the Granada area. The rooms were very nice and well appointed much more modern than the InterContinental. We will def stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mrs.

We want to say thank you for taking the time to share your opinion and let us know how positive your experience was during you stay in our Hotel. We appreciate the feedback about the good attitude of Estefania and her cooperation with you, we want you to know that we talked with her and she is very happy for the good comments received from you. Your opinions are very motivating to keep doing the right things, keep working hard and giving the best service to our customers.

We are pleased that the rooms have fulfilled your expectations and look forward to you can visit us in a near future to you can enjoy all the excellent services that Spiwak Hotel can offer you.

Karen González P. – Customer Relations Coordinator

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Went to Cali for high school reunion and stayed here the last two nights because of it's location. The hotel is located on the outskirts of the city and convenient to get to the airport. The staff was very polite and accommodating, the hotel has all the amenities and conveniences of a modern hotel; The rooms are spacious and very clean and our room had a really nice front sitting area for guests. We felt very safe and loved that it’s right next to a mall with lots of places to eat and shop.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed here for 6 days in Sept'13.

Pros

1. extremely polite staff
2. Excellent rooms ( i was on 10th floor with a view of the moutains).
3. Excellent location right next to the mall with 1000's of eating options and a cinema.
4. Hotel has taxis parked in front, the drivers are vetted beforhand by the hotel. excellent.
5. Arrived early, was allowed to check in by 1400 instead of 1500.
6. Nice restaurant, in the hotel but expensive.
7. Breakfast adeqaute with lot of fruit options.
8. The hotel has its private small gym with dumb bells and treadmills..used it often. The hotel is also affiliated to a gym in a adjacent mall. You can use that bigger gym but you have to pay about 8 us$ for it, per use.
9. Excellent high speed internet.
10. Hot water always there in abundance in the shower.
11. Excellent housekeeping. very polite girls cleaning the room with high integrity.
12. Room service good too. ordered a meal once at 4 am. It came out good.
13. rooms were absolutely sound proof. Never got disturbed. Noise is always a game changer for me when I rate hotels.
14. The lifts were high speed and never had to wait too long for them.
15. Excellent pricing of the hotel at about 130 us$ a night. hard to find a room of this standard in such a hotel in other big cities of the world.

Cons

difficult to find.

1. the room had some small insects. I mean really small like ants. They seem to be all over the place. They did not bite or infectious but were all over the place probably cos of the proximity to the mountains.
2. At checkout, the guy on duty ( early morning 6 am) was a little hostile. I was surprised because thats the only time I felt such behaviour in the hotel.

Highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Take a room on 10th floor facing the mountains
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Was staying on the outskirts of Cali just last week and decided to stay at this hotel for the last couple of days before heading back to the US. The rooms are spacious and very clean. We are a family of 5 and fit just right. Staff was very friendly and very accomadating. The location is perfect,places to eat in the mall and loads of shops, Also a market called Exito if you want some snacks or drinks for the room. Kids went to the movies daily and found their way back to the hotel with no problem. Breakfast buffet was delicous and to me did have every kind of Colombian breakfast item avialable and then some. My negative comments: I was told that when I arrived the breakfast was included but this was from the man that brought up our bags, when I went to breakfast and had to give my room # I was told it was not. The pool is small, but not a problem since we were the only ones who used it all day besides another boy and his family, and a couple of young women.Before booking the hotel I called and called unable to get thru to confirm airport transportation.I booked anyway after trying all day. When I arrived at the hotel it took days for them to confirm it. When my cousin came and complained I was accomadated and confirmed that they would be able to bring my family of 5 to the airport at 4:30 am,.So all and all satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

But I was not impressed with the hotel. It seems like everyone else loves the hotel and it has such great reviews, yet I was disappointed. Overall the hotel in itself is cool looking and exceptionally located, but I expected more luxury. I went with my mother and father as part of our vacation. I visit Cali with my family almost yearly. I have stayed in El Intercontinental and recently in the Dann Carlton, but since I read such great reviews for the Spiwak we decided to try it. We got a room on the 10th floor facing the mountains with a balcony. The view was okay nothing exhilarating. The room was spacious but a bit disappointing since we had gotten used to the living room plus bedroom area offered at both the inter and dann Carlton, here it was just one big room with two beds and a couch altogether. I was expecting more luxury, the bathrooms were plain the shower head hardly had any pressure and the closet was barely big enough for one person let alone three! The plus side were the very comfy beds and sheets. As far as the food I found it lacking. I did not look forward to the breakfast, I'm not one to complain about food but really the food was terrible and a complete misrepresentation of Colombian food. The breakfast buffet was so dull and flavorless, whereas the inter and dann Carlton both had exquisite meals. On the plus side the location of the hotel is unbeatable. However one incident marred my entire stay and that was that on my last night there, I found a huge cockaroach in the shower! It was so disgusting and I have a phobia of roaches and I was immediatly distressed! I had never encountered a roach in a hotel room in my life not even when we have stayed in 2-3 /star hotels! I was so shocked especially because we are on the 10th floor and I didn't think they reached that high. Nonetheless my experience was average, I most likely will not come back because I don't believe it's worth the price especially there are roaches, which is unheard of in "5 star hotels!"

Room Tip: Higher floor better view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Serv_ClienteSpiwak, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Spiwak Chipichape Cali, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Mrs. Yulie,
Your comments and personal experiences during your stay are very important to us.
We offer our most sincere apologize for the insect that might have been at your bathroom, we have been checking what could have happened, since our installations are periodically under pest control inspection.
We would like to know more about you experience with the catering service. It is extremely important to attend our clients and guests unconformities, this would help us giving an improved service at our organization.
We thank you in advance for the time taken to write down your comments. Do not hesitate to contact us for further comments.
Best regards,