“Central location and rooms updated” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Cali - Un Hotel Estelar

InterContinental Cali - Un Hotel Estelar
Ranked #4 of 88 Hotels in Cali
Sao Paulo, SP
“Central location and rooms updated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel some years ago and came back recently. Positives: rooms were "updated", 3 restaurants medium level, location, service also improved. There are only 2 points that impacted negatively, first is internet, not stable at room. The second point is that always in the last night, the room card key doesn't work, this obliges you to go to reception and validate the key again. When I say always because in all times before it happened to me and other colleagues. This time, I was with 3 other colleagues and I told them when we did check in...and Bingo, all of us had to validate the key. It is a minor detail and may be is bad luck, but too many times seems to be strange.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Norma A, General Manager's Assistant at InterContinental Cali - Un Hotel Estelar, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear guest:

Let us express our gratitude for taking the time to write your comments since they contribute greatly to improve our procedures and motivate our staff to optimize the services we provide.

Please also accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences and delay you had in your work schedule due to the unstable wi fi signal and the frequent failures in the room card keys but be sure that our staff members are working hard to investigate and solve these problems and avoid the inconveniences.

We are confident that you give us the opportunity to offer you our best service on your next visit to the city of Cali.

Norma A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Excellent stay, great location, about 25 min from the airport, excellent breakfast buffet, free wifi, close to a lot of attractions, great spa and massage room, no shuttles, have to try the pizza located adjacent to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Norma A, General Manager's Assistant at InterContinental Cali - Un Hotel Estelar, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I am very pleased that you were so happy with your stay with us.

Do not doubt that every special detail mentioned in the feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to keep on improving our attention and services.
Please be advised that our shuttle service is provided during the weekdays, however if you have any individual transportation requirement, let us know and we will be glad to make the previous reservation for you.

Cordially

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Let me start first for saying I am from Cali- Colombia, but I have been living in the USA for 15 years now. I have always remembered the Hotel Inter like the place where the rich people of Colombia would stay. It is centrally located and the customer service is great. The people that stay at this hotel are no getto like you might see in other places. I try to travel to Cali each 5 years and always stay at the intercontinental because they have gained a reputation " A local talking". After being in Panama City and other cities of Panama , I can say the hotels of Colombia are much more modern and developed. Each time I travel I also contact an excellent taxi driver who speaks some english named Alberto Hincapie. He always picks me up from the airport takes me back. I have recommended him to American friends who do not speak spanish. His cell is 318 839 6572.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Norma A, General Manager's Assistant at InterContinental Cali - Un Hotel Estelar, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest, It's more than a pleasure to hear that you are a satisfied guest and that you have enjoyed your visit to Cali and specially, our hotel. Do not doubt that your comments will be shared with all our staff because they are a great motivation to keep on giving their best in their jobs.

Thank you for your trust and loyalty We hope to welcome you back soon and never forget that the InterContinental Cali Hotel is your home in this city and country.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Lovely accommodations with excellent service and attention. Went for a wedding and it was a fantastic stay. There was over 300 people and a little crowded, but nobody seemed to care. A buffet was prepared for the guests and everything was delicious;

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Norma A, General Manager's Assistant at InterContinental Cali - Un Hotel Estelar, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear guest, Thank you for an excellent review and for sharing the experience of your stay with us. Your feedback will be a great motivation for our staff who are more than pleased knowing that you are a satisfied guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to enjoy InterContinental Cali Hotel experience again and again.

Cali, Colombia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Like in Cheers, here everybody knows your name and address you by it. Great staff, extremely polite and helpful. The waiting at the restaurant tables is a negative, but there are too many positives to let that spoil it. I understand the rooms have been redone, carpeting substituted by wood, big TV/fridge armoire removed, etc. My favorite room was 349 and was there for nearly one year. Just make sure your room has an inlet for the internet cable, because the distance from the router and a concrete building, a bad combination for radio waves.

Room Tip: My take, 349
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Norma A, General Manager's Assistant at InterContinental Cali - Un Hotel Estelar, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Mr. Ron,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I am very pleased that you were so happy with your stay and specially for the attention received from our staff because they always make the best effort to exceed your expectations on every visit. That is why, I will be more than pleased to share your lovely review with the rest of the team.

Along with the process of total refurbishment of the hotel, we are also engaged in campaigns of re-training and service induction for our staff and it will be a great help to to solve the shortcomings in service we have. On the other hand, regarding to the internet and wifi signals , our systems technicians are working hard to stabilize them with the installation of antennas and radios that we hope, will optimize these services.

Thank you again for your interest and we hope to have the pleasure of your visit again and again.

Cordially, Norma A.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

As a high mileage business traveler, I stay at a lot of fine hotels, and this hotel was one of the best. The room was huge, comfortable and the service was excellent, from the front desk, to room service, to the buffet breakfast in the morning. I cannot find fault with this excellent choice. When I return to Cali, I will be sure to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Norma A, General Manager's Assistant at InterContinental Cali - Un Hotel Estelar, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
It's so satisfying to hear about the pleasant stay you had in our hotel during your last trip to Cali. It shows that our staff is making a great job and their efforts to provide our guests a qualified and warmth service, have yielded good results. We will share your nice review with them because they are a great motivation to continue offering their best.

Remember you are always welcome in our hotel, your home in Cali, where you can enjoy our different facilities, good gastronomy and staff.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have been staying at this hotel whenever I am in Cali for about 10 years. The staff are friendly and I usually get a "welcome back" and a smile from many of them when I arrive. The only bad experience was today when I tried to eat at Fogon De Piedra, the restaurant that is poolside.I have never eaten a this location but have at the Intercontinental Medelln.

I ate a big late lunch but about 10PM was hungry and didn't want to head out for dinner. I called reception and asked what time the restaurant closed. Luckily they said 11PM. I headed downstairs. When I arrived the desk was a bit out of the way to the right. I asked again if they were open. The gentleman said yes. I said table for one. He just smiled and pointed to all the open tables. Great.

Place looked nice. Pool lit up etc. I sat down and waited, and waited. Ten minutes and nobody even aknowledged my presence. At close to the fifteen minute mark a waiter finally walked up and asked if I wanted any thing. I said, yes, a menu. He then asked me move two tables over? I asked why. He just said "te invito" or I invite you.

I got up, and left. Ordered room service. Keeping a very good customer waiting almost 15 minutes to then ask him to change tables, after he was told sit any where? So, the waiter could walk 10 feet less? I have no idea the reason as none that I ran through my head made any sense.

Will I stay here again? Probably as I have over 430k rewards points after just using 150k of them, but the Sheraton is in a better location and I could build up some points with them as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Toasterdude
Norma A, General Manager's Assistant at InterContinental Cali - Un Hotel Estelar, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your comments about your last stay because they help us improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with our different services you received. Please accept our sincerest apologies for all these disturbances you experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Norma A