“Never Again”

Ranked #27 of 88 Hotels in Cali
Deltona, Florida
“Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three weeks in 2010 and gave it a good review. We stayed there again this year for three weeks and were disgusted. We booked our reservations on-line with a credit card. Upon arrival they told us we would have to pay half of our cost upfront and the remainder when we checked out. I am retired and we travel a great deal and we've never been requested to pay upfront before. I did so reluctantly. The rooms were clean and spacious. After getting unpacked and settled in we found that the water in the tub drained very slowly. We requested maintenance three times and each time it got worse. They offered us another room but we did not want to repack six suitcases and move. The bathroom door was so badly warped that it would not close. It took three requests to get a burned out light bulb replaced. We had to continually request toilet articles. The maid service was terrible. We had to get our magnetic door key replaced every two days as it would stop working. They said I must have had it next to a credit card or something with a magnetic strip. I could not get through to them that it was not next to anything. They were defensive on each and every issue. Three days before we checked out they got the bathtub drain open. We asked why they couldn't do it on our first three requests and they had no answer.

During our last week there they awoke us at 8:00AM and told us that we had to pay our bill!!! We had only charged two meals to our room for a total of $40.00. I flatly refused and told them they would not get another cent until we checked out!!! We went to the front desk and requested to see the manager. We informed him of our displeasure and felt like we were treated like thieves. They then attempted to appease us. They said that since we last stayed there the hotel was under new management and that was the new policy. I told them that policy should be posted on their web site, which it isn't. I asked them how many people check into their hotel for three weeks at a time. They agreed not many. They apologized many times and asked us to return again. We told them under no circumstances would we stay there again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank ppny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Best View Period in the city of Cali.
Stayed here for a few days for work.
Excellent View from the top restaurant!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, and if you are in one if the higher floors then there are definitly some nice views of the city. It is very centrally located which makes it nice it you are in a business trip.

The views of the top floor restaurant at night are great and very romantic

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank xsv_66
TorreCaliPlazaHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Torre De Cali Hotel, responded to this review, 29 September 2012
Thanks for your review, Soon, our new Premier Rooms will be release (November). Hope to have you back in Cali Colombia and enjoy our "Feria de Cali".
Deltona, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

This is a very old hotel;however, the rooms and bathrooms are quite spacious. It is very clean. The staff is extremely helpful. The restaurant is excellent as is the location.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

I spent a week at the Torre de Cali and would not stay there again. The hotel rooms were old and in urgent need of refurbishing. The furniture, carpeting and even the bathroom fixtures all seemed to be from the 1970s, though not even in a good "retro" sort of way. There was construction going on in the lobby, the elevators seemed to take forever to reach our floor (we ended up discovering and riding the separate service elevators most of the time since they were "quicker"), the free Wi-Fi never worked in the room and the location did not seem safe. There was a dance club and the music was loud every night of the week. The restaurant seemed to be the hotel's only positive point, providing good food though at relatively high prices by Colombian standards. I would not recommend this property unless you get an exceptionally low room rate. The city has much better hotels at comparable rates.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank santiago305
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2010

After a nice stay in the GHL Comfort Hotel Torre de Cali from 19th to 20th December 2010, I have decided to book the wedding night from 25th to 26th Dezember as well there. I booked the arrangement the 20th December and paid in advance the full quote. As I arrived with my wife in the wedding night, the receptionist ask me for my passport which i left at home. Despite offering to send a copy of the passport next day by fax, mail or e-mail, the hotel refused the admission at the hotel. Any complaint has unfortunately not helped. First, the hotel was even not offering a payback of the full quote, only a small amout was offered to pay back. After (a not very nice) intervention on my part, and several telephone conversations between the receptionist and her supervisor, the hotel paid back the full quote. Intersting point : at my first stay in the Hotel a week earlier, the receptionist don’t require the passport and made the admission with my swiss identity card.
With a prepaid reservation and the fact I already had a stay a week earlyer, it is absolutely amazing, that for a especially event like a wedding night the hotel refused the admission. Due to the inability to find a solution for the problem and the initial lack of goodwill, I urgant advise from a visit to the GHL Comfort Torre de Cali!
Fortunately, the Intercontinental knew how to deal with this situation and has welcomed us very friendly. We had a very nice wedding night there.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thohutCH

Travellers are raving about these Cali hotels

Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2010

I am the CEO of a company that facilitates and manages Medical Treatment Abroad Company. I travel a lit and check out hotels in various cities for my patients. I selected Torre de Cali as my value Hotel in Cali.

Ask for a room on the RENOVATED FLOORS. The rooms and the halls have been totally refurnished. What a pleasure!!! Graet value. the restaurant is good and the staff is super friendly, while not conversant in English. Room service is effective and the management is great. The GM (William) and Marketing Manager (Paula) are super cooperative and will bend backwards to assist you.

I recommend this hotel for the budget / value oriented traveller, as long as you are willing to trade "patience" with great value. If you need to use our driving service, reach me at Gold@InternationalTriage.com

Enjoy Cali