“Stay on the 11th floor for an excellent experience!”

Torre De Cali Hotel
Ranked #28 of 89 Hotels in Cali
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Stay on the 11th floor for an excellent experience!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

From what I gather from other reviews, and having recently stayed here, I would highly suggest paying the extra $20 for the 'Premier Rooms' on the 11th floor. Even then, the price was a very modest $89/night, which included breakfast.

The lobby of this hotel is not impressive, and it certainly could use a makeover. However, in typical Cali fashion, the friendly people more than make up for it. The receptionist allowed me to choose from two different options on the 11th floor -- one option was a corner room with one huge bed, the other was an enormously spacious room with two queen beds and a beautiful view of the city and the mountains behind it. I chose the larger room with the two beds.

The 11th floor Premier rooms have obviously been renovated recently, and perhaps the best improvement is the double-pane windows that completely block out all street noises. Having stayed at 5-star hotels in Cali that did not meet up to this standard, I was pleasantly surprised at the peaceful silence. Again, pay the extra $20 for the 11th floor -- it's well worth it! The rooms and all other areas on this floor are extremely clean and new. I would not be able to give an opinion concerning the rooms on the other floors, but I am told they do not have the update, nor do they have the double-pane glass windows.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and I thoroughly enjoyed my long weekend here. The restaurant is nothing fancy and is quite small, but the menu is varied enough and the food was very inexpensive and delicious. Here again, whatever the restaurant lacked was well made up for by the friendly staff.

Cali is a city of lovely people, and this hotel, which is a landmark of sorts in the highest building in the city, does a very good job at welcoming its guests and treating them with a smile and a genuinely helpful attitude.

I parked my car in the basement of the hotel, and there was plenty of room in the garage despite the fact that the entrance was undergoing renovation.

Overall, a nice and pleasant experience. Don't expect 5-star luxury, but the price is surprisingly low and affordable for the beautiful 11th floor Premier rooms, which very much resemble 4-4.5 star hotels in other parts of this city and country.

Room Tip: As noted in the title of this review, choose a room on the 11th floor (Premier Rooms). You will not...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank William G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 2 November 2013

So I'm currently still at this horrible hotel, upon arrival nothing like the pictures this hotel on the exterior is horrendous and inside the smell of old and humid is unexplainable, so when I arrived I had to wait 30 minutes to check in cause they had 1 check in agent, upon check in I asked where pool was at NO POOL, the room they gave me was so old I can't even explain how bad, 2 Twin beds I called and asked that I had a reservation for a Queen/King size bed they switch me to a room with a full size bed and claim that's what I paid for I'm like I booked thru Expedia and my reservation says Queen they made me go back downstairs finally gave me a room a bit bigger with a full size bed , I must say this hotel should be closed the sound doesn't let you sleep, the quality of service and cleanliness horrible and the rooms are not worth staying this place needs to close and get a huge remodeling and new staff no ethicalness or professionalism I would not recommend this hotel even if it's the only hotel available is compared to sleeping in the street

Room Tip: Don't pay upon arrival and inspection of room, what advertise does not define what the hotel rea...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Iliketotravel305

Travellers are raving about these Cali hotels

White Plains, NY
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My time at this hotel was excellent. The staff exceeded all of my expectations, and was the biggest surprise. My room, located on the eleventh floor, was clean, spacious, extremely comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2013

i went there for a week nice place beautifull i loved it great service,verry freindly,verry safe they really take care of their guest ... now the bad part is the snack bar is crazy high i spent 300.00dls in a few m&ms sneakers kit kat and some sodas way to much almost just as much as the price of the hotel for the week

Room Tip: tell them you dont want the snack bar
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Bisbee
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Torres is a wonderful hotel it can be quite noisy at times try to stay in the upper floors. The Staff Esther in the Restaurant and Orlando, Johann and Mauricio (hotel) are just a couple of names though everyone was 5+ stars attention to guests. So the hotel is 3 stars but the employees make it a well deserved 4star hotel. The rooms are huge more like an apartment.

Room Tip: Dont get mad at the $3.50 a day medical insurance that they tack on per person we had doctors come t...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PanaBisbee
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I had great experiences at the hotel, friendly stuff, very clean, big rooms, the hotel is close to everything, great air conditioning, very quite, normal noise like in every other hotel, will strongly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cali2012-USA
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three weeks in 2010 and gave it a good review. We stayed there again this year for three weeks and were disgusted. We booked our reservations on-line with a credit card. Upon arrival they told us we would have to pay half of our cost upfront and the remainder when we checked out. I am retired and we travel a great deal and we've never been requested to pay upfront before. I did so reluctantly. The rooms were clean and spacious. After getting unpacked and settled in we found that the water in the tub drained very slowly. We requested maintenance three times and each time it got worse. They offered us another room but we did not want to repack six suitcases and move. The bathroom door was so badly warped that it would not close. It took three requests to get a burned out light bulb replaced. We had to continually request toilet articles. The maid service was terrible. We had to get our magnetic door key replaced every two days as it would stop working. They said I must have had it next to a credit card or something with a magnetic strip. I could not get through to them that it was not next to anything. They were defensive on each and every issue. Three days before we checked out they got the bathtub drain open. We asked why they couldn't do it on our first three requests and they had no answer.

During our last week there they awoke us at 8:00AM and told us that we had to pay our bill!!! We had only charged two meals to our room for a total of $40.00. I flatly refused and told them they would not get another cent until we checked out!!! We went to the front desk and requested to see the manager. We informed him of our displeasure and felt like we were treated like thieves. They then attempted to appease us. They said that since we last stayed there the hotel was under new management and that was the new policy. I told them that policy should be posted on their web site, which it isn't. I asked them how many people check into their hotel for three weeks at a time. They agreed not many. They apologized many times and asked us to return again. We told them under no circumstances would we stay there again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple