“Fabulous stay”

Ranked #1 of 94 Cali B&B and Inns
Australia
“Fabulous stay”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Casa Miraflores so much that I extended it - I wish I could have stayed longer. The owner Nate and I share a mutual friend and that's why I came to stay at his place, it was a great decision. Casa Miraflores is like a boutique hostel or B'n'B. The decor and vibe is wonderful, the rooms extremely comfortable and the staff very helpful. It attracts a lovely mix of people who are interested in seeing Cali, enjoying the nightlife and getting to know the people and culture. I found the other guests very open and friendly. It is a great place to relax and recharge and Nate is a wonderful host. I look forward to coming back one day and taking more salsa lessons!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
natebunger, Owner at Casa Miraflores, responded to this review, 6 March 2015
Good vibes to you and much light in your path. We hope you come back soon. Buena onda de Casa Miraflores.

Nate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Last June, I spent 4 days in Cali at Casa Miraflores. I recommend this place because it is a very upscale hostel: you have your own room + a private bathroom+ hamac+ small garden. All furniture is typical of the region and selected with sophistication. The owner of the place transformed a small house into a very nice place to welcome people for all over the world. You feel well right after arriving at Casa Miraflores. The place seems to attract the kind of people I like: clean, respectful, interested by culture and always ready to go for a salsa or reggaeton party!
Special thanks for Eva, Sofia, Maria and Nath!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
natebunger, Owner at Casa Miraflores, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thanks so much for the review! we hope to see you back in Cali soon..All the best in Brazil
Thirsk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

What a wonderful place. The staff really go out of their way to make you feel welcome and it's like staying i. someone'e very stylish house. We needed to book an extra two nights as my friend was sick and this was not only sorted but for the last night we stayed in a really big room with two double beds for no extra cost. I loved the pull down screen and projector for watching movies in the basement (I was brought popcorn!). The area is great too - a lovely safe residential area within walking distance of San Antonio. I loved walking around the area and looking at the art deco houses.

The only problem was the acoustics of the house made it very noisy - even the sound of conversation reverberated everywhere and not everyone observed the quiet after 10pm rule. But I've come to realise that that is Colombia and it is a noisy place!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
natebunger, Owner at Casa Miraflores, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for you review! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay. I apologize about the acoustics of the house, it's actually due to the unique architecture the house has, but I agree sometimes it can be a little noisy when the house is full. We try to keep it quiet after around 10:30 or so. I (the owner) actually get it worst sometimes because I live on the top floor and it seems all the noise sort of funnels up the stairs to my place. But then again, Cali is in general a noisy city, one of the things I guess I've come to love about it. After awhile though you don't really notice. I still feel very at peace here. Thanks again for your stay, if you come back to Cali, I hope you will choose us again. All the best on your travels!

Cali, Valle del Cauca, Colombia
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I will start with Nate,the owner ,who is very friendly and easy to communicate.He was very helpful to me when I had to book in the last moment.While there,he can take you to cross fitting and also can arrange salsa lessons or massage(tried both and do not regret it) within the hostel. It also happened to have my birthday while staying at them and we had a great night together with the stuff and other friends at a local club. I would continue with Eva ( this staff member is very helpful and she will be there for you most of the weekdays ). Casa Miraflores is also located in a great area of the city where you can access other parts of the city, very easily. What can I say.I went for a hostel. I found a home and a family.Try it!:)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
natebunger, Owner at Casa Miraflores, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thanks Ioan, we loved having you buddy. it was a real pleasure, we all miss you :) Hope to see you when I travel to Romania one day. All the best!

Guadalue, California
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Casa Miraflores is a wonderful place to relax and feel the good vibe that Nate has been created. He's a great host even his employees. He's very good knowledge about Cali and his surroundings. I recommend highly Casa Miraflores and I hope I'll back very soon. Thank you Nate for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Second floor, room 202 with an amazing view of Cali and fresh air.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
natebunger, Owner at Casa Miraflores, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thanks for the review Maylon, it was a pleasure to host you. We hope you make it back through Cali soon. The list of salsa clubs just keep growing here in Cali...I always like to say, that Cali is a place that never stops unfolding with new experiences. Even after years of traveling around South America, it's the one place I feel like am still discovering day by day. What a cool thing ;) All the best,

Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

I've been traveling for few months in south America and it's definitely the best hostel I've been in!
The moment we arrived we felt at home
The staff is amazing and friendly (Eva <3)
The owner Nate was so nice and considerate
We had miss understood with the prices on the site we booked through and Nate was really understanding and helpful!
He also wanted us to feel the atmosphere of Cali and set us up with salsa teacher that arrived all the way to the hostel! Super proffecional with a reasonable price!
If you are lucky he will also take you out to some of the best clubs around Cali!
The hostel is super upgraded has computers, wifi, screen for movies and designed very modern and beautiful!
Location is great! Made our staying in Cali much more then what we expected

• Stayed April 2013
natebunger, Owner at Casa Miraflores, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thanks guys for the review...It was awesome to connect with you two even if it was only for a short time. The salsa instructor asked about you two the other day. Hope you guys made it safe back home. All the best on your future travels.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I lived in Cali for 2 years and was returning for some business. I need a spot that allowed me to move around the city, was comfortable, had a good vibe, felt homely and had hot water. I found it all at Casa Miraflores. The location is great (but a little tricky to arrive to), it is probably located in one of the best areas of Cali if you want to travel to all parts of Cali in a reasonable time. Comfy beds, nice kitchens to prepare your own meals, spacious bathrooms--just an overall good experience. The best part of Miraflores is the host Nate. I met home during my first stay in Cali and he's a real cool guy. Casa Miraflores is steady improving and I am sure that it will be better as time goes by. If you are in Cali on business or just want to avoid the typical hostel this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with views! You'll have better mosquito control.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank joshuavbarr
natebunger, Owner at Casa Miraflores, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thanks for the review Joshua, it's always a pleasure to see you back in Cali. I hope we get to continue being your home base on your future visits. And by the way Jenny is awesome, I really appreciate the recommendation. Hope to see you again soon buddy,