“Not a 5 star, but great hotel for the price!”
Review of Dann Carlton Cali

Dann Carlton Cali
Ranked #20 of 90 Hotels in Cali
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Dann Cali (twin tower to the Dann Carlton) and our stay was really pleasant. It's not a 5 star hotel, but neither are the prices.

Well located, comfortable beds and immaculate linen. I would definitely stay there again.

The staff were friendly although they could be more helpful when it comes to suggest activities in the city. Watch out in your reservation for the 'hotel insurance tax' and VAT charges (the latter waived to non-Colombians).

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monstita
There are newer reviews for Dann Carlton Cali

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Okay and the In this hotel everything that you wants you have you have minibar in the room you have a air-conditioning in the room the room are very nice and it's good for the money that you pay The hotel is in a very good area and you can go out in the nigth no problem you have a swimming pool and you have also a gym
You have in the morning very nice breakfast buffet very recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 13 September 2013

In the past we spent about 60 days a year at this hotel before buying our own condo and always were given excellent service. For our anniversary we booked a room and invited people over for dinner and dancing. The lobby is 2-3 stories high as is found in the majestic hotels in New York. On one side is a cocktail lounge and the other side the front desk. A grand spiral staircase is directly ahead. The dining room on the fourth floor surrounding the pool and hot tub is completely new with a great view of the city of Cali. A steam room, gym, and massage therapy are available. The food is prepared to order and is excellent with immediate service upon arriving . The impeccably clean room which was recently remodeled had a king size bed with a new mattress, and copious amounts of hot water for the newly remodeled bathroom. The A/C worked well and had a thermostat in the room. There was no construction noise and we were able to feel secure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I live in New York and for many years this was the hotel of choice when my family and I visited my native city of Cali. I have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times and all I can say is that the last time we stayed there, last year in Aug (2012) will be the very last time I ever stay there. It is unfortunate to say that this hotel and my experiences at this hotel has gone from very good to horrible. It is evident that they management has lost its ability to maintain the luxury and moderness of the hotel, to be more specific, after years of staying here I noticed the rooms did not change one bit, the same sheets, the same beds, everything is the same, I can deal with that but what I cant deal with is finding large insects inside the room and having to call the cleaning service to remove the bug from our room, or having to inhale the toxic smell of mold. That was not, however, the worst part of the experience. I have to say that my biggest disappointment was with the staff. After having been there for a week, one day as I was enjoying my breakfast I decided to order a milkshake and the waiter decided he was going to charge me for a measley milkshake, I was outraged considering the number of nights I had been there and the amount of money we paid and the years of service we had given this hotel, I had never been charged additionally for something that is part of the accomodations like breakfast. After that incident I realized that his hotel has gone to the dogs and should no longer even be considered a 4 star hotel, but it is more like a 1 star hotel. This summer I will be staying at the Spiwak and/or Intercontinental. It is unfortunate that I had such an experience at this hotel considering how many years we stayed here. Be warned take your money and services elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

This is not a modern Style hotel but it is a old fashion style place. Excellent location with excellent service all the way. Rooms are spacious and clean. Food is good but there are nice restaurants near by.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 19 April 2013

It is nice, clean, rooms are very comfortable and the service is really good; it is not a big hotel, so it does not get noisy, at least it did not during the night I stayed, the only thing I did not liked is the pool. The pool is located in the 4th floor next to the restaurant, and by next I really mean it; it is really nice to have dinner or breakfast next to the pool, but if you want to swim it should be really uncomfortable to do two steps from the people eating.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed here one night following a wedding reception in one of the function rooms. While the wedding was lavish and spectacular, the room and service were pretty disappointing to be honest. I'd booked a triple room for myself and two kids but on entering the room in the early hours, found there were only two beds. My youngest is not that small now and I do resent paying steep room charges to effectively bunk down in a massive room with faulty air conditioning (it was fairly cold but we couldnt switch it off!) Breakfast beside the pool was lovely. In short, there are far better places to stay in Cali, for less money.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family