Dann Carlton Cali
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$96
US$76
Cali Plaza Hotel(Cali)(Great Value!)
US$31
  • Breakfast included
US$63
US$50
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe usual amenitiesegg stationbusiness centerpool areafree breakfastlocation is excellentempanadasstay there againgymfloortoiletriescerealcomfortsecurityneighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here on business for about a week.

The rooms are spacious and clean. They aren't exactly boutique chic but it's a good standard business hotel.

Staff are friendly and helpful.

The breakfast is very good with lots of choice and is served on the fourth floor by the pool.

There's a small gym with 3 running machines and a few other bits of equipment.

The area around the hotel is very nice and safe with loads of great bars, restaurants and cafes.

A short taxi ride to the centre of town.

It's a good base for a stay in Cali.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Dann Cali (twin tower to the Dann Carlton) and our stay was really pleasant. It's not a 5 star hotel, but neither are the prices.

Well located, comfortable beds and immaculate linen. I would definitely stay there again.

The staff were friendly although they could be more helpful when it comes to suggest activities in the city. Watch out in your reservation for the 'hotel insurance tax' and VAT charges (the latter waived to non-Colombians).

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monstita
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Okay and the In this hotel everything that you wants you have you have minibar in the room you have a air-conditioning in the room the room are very nice and it's good for the money that you pay The hotel is in a very good area and you can go out in the nigth no problem you have a swimming pool and you have also a gym
You have in the morning very nice breakfast buffet very recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 13 September 2013

In the past we spent about 60 days a year at this hotel before buying our own condo and always were given excellent service. For our anniversary we booked a room and invited people over for dinner and dancing. The lobby is 2-3 stories high as is found in the majestic hotels in New York. On one side is a cocktail lounge and the other side the front desk. A grand spiral staircase is directly ahead. The dining room on the fourth floor surrounding the pool and hot tub is completely new with a great view of the city of Cali. A steam room, gym, and massage therapy are available. The food is prepared to order and is excellent with immediate service upon arriving . The impeccably clean room which was recently remodeled had a king size bed with a new mattress, and copious amounts of hot water for the newly remodeled bathroom. The A/C worked well and had a thermostat in the room. There was no construction noise and we were able to feel secure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I live in New York and for many years this was the hotel of choice when my family and I visited my native city of Cali. I have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times and all I can say is that the last time we stayed there, last year in Aug (2012) will be the very last time I ever stay there. It is unfortunate to say that this hotel and my experiences at this hotel has gone from very good to horrible. It is evident that they management has lost its ability to maintain the luxury and moderness of the hotel, to be more specific, after years of staying here I noticed the rooms did not change one bit, the same sheets, the same beds, everything is the same, I can deal with that but what I cant deal with is finding large insects inside the room and having to call the cleaning service to remove the bug from our room, or having to inhale the toxic smell of mold. That was not, however, the worst part of the experience. I have to say that my biggest disappointment was with the staff. After having been there for a week, one day as I was enjoying my breakfast I decided to order a milkshake and the waiter decided he was going to charge me for a measley milkshake, I was outraged considering the number of nights I had been there and the amount of money we paid and the years of service we had given this hotel, I had never been charged additionally for something that is part of the accomodations like breakfast. After that incident I realized that his hotel has gone to the dogs and should no longer even be considered a 4 star hotel, but it is more like a 1 star hotel. This summer I will be staying at the Spiwak and/or Intercontinental. It is unfortunate that I had such an experience at this hotel considering how many years we stayed here. Be warned take your money and services elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family