“Very nice”

Ranked #43 of 717 Restaurants in Cartagena
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great ceviche place with a street terrace. Touristy and overpriced like so many others but what the heck. Quality is rare here.

There are newer reviews for La Cevicheria

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This restaurant was fantastic. Our server was very friendly and attentive and the food was delicious!! I live in NYC and can honestly say that enjoyed the seafood more than any Manhattan eatery for a fraction of the cost.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I always look for good spots to chow down some ceviche when traveling in S.A. This place is not top ranked on TripAdvisor (Don't know why) but I went there anyway after a local's suggestion. I am glad I did it. The ceviche is really good and at a good price. When I got there I found out that was one of the restaurants Anthony Bourdain visited while taping his show in Cartagena. If you are craving ceviche don't waste your time looking, this is the place to go.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great drinks and salsa with bananas! Ceviche was not so tasty but ok. THE big mistake was lemon in the mojito instead of lime , but nice staff ! Go ahead !

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had a charming waiter on the late afternoon we dined here. We helped him with some English translations and he helped us with some Spanish translations, and by then we were fast friends! Admittedly we were fearful it would be an anti-climactic dining experience, given Anthony Bourdain's glee over the place and its high rating in every guide book around. But in no time, with a dish of lobster ceviche before us, we were moaning with pleasure. The grilled fish filet with a pesto sauce was heavenly, light and savory without being too filling. And our friends got a paella that I would love to have returned and ordered for myself--a lightly flavored coconut essence to the rice and the seafoods included were each perfectly cooked and clean tasting. We enjoyed coco-limonadas with rum with our meals, the perfect complement to the food and hot day. My mouth is watering as I write this. What a meal that was! Thank you! And to boot, it's on the cutest plazuela in the walled city for people watching.