We book two nights to stay and we were very disappointed. This place has a lot of potential, since it is large and each floor has large sitting areas and plenty of space for the kitchen. But here are the problems:
1. No rooms have windows to outside. Our room was so small that to walk around the room we had to take turns. The space between the toilet and the wall was was maybe 15cm, so imagine how easy it was to use it.
2. There is no breakfast! Somebody wrote it was: delicious?
3. Kitchen is a nightmare! All cabinet doors are broken. There was a sign in English saying that everyone must clean their dishes, but the staff themselves ate and left the pots with burned food till the next day! The garbage was not emptied for two days, so it was overflowing. When it was removed, all the garbage around the can was left laying around and the can left without the garbage bag. Staff themselves started putting garbage in a small bag and left it on the kitchen counter. Forget about finding a fork in the kitchen! Only few plates. Counters are always dirty.
3. The hostel itself is messy and dirty. There are buckets and empty boxes laying around. Somebody started cleaning and left garbage and the brush in the middle of the room till the next day. Maybe work hours were over??? The staff cleaned coffee table with newspaper! I guess cheaper that way?
4. There is no refrigerator, guests use the bottom shelf of a commercial fridge where they sell beer, that is on the first floor.
5. I took pictures just to show anyone who wants it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marlin is a colonial style hotel; with comfortable rooms have air conditioning, cable TV and Wi-Fi. It is located in the walled historic center of Cartagena, the hotel's excellent location allows our guests to visit only three blocks, the most attractive places in Cartagena, as the clock tower, Castillo San Felipe Castle Historical Center, convention center, the Zona Rosa, and five minutes from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Hotel Marlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.