“excellent lunch spot”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Colombian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

this place is only open for lunch. it's big, they have a front room, a middle room and a back garden area.the kitchen has a big window where you can see the cooks preparing all the food and it's all very fresh. we ate in the back and it's very pleasant. they are very busy place with what looked like locals and tourists. they start you with a lentil soup that is delicious. i had the seafood dish and my friend had the beef. mine was great, the beef was dry to my taste but with a yummy sauce. apparently all the beef is dry in columbia and my friend liked it that way. you don't pay at the table, instead they tell you you're table number and you pay at the front. we where pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive it was for a wonderful meal.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was the first place we ate lunch in Cartagena and it did not disappoint! The portions are huge for the price and they have delicious house juices and unique dishes that I did not see at other restaurants while in Cartagena. Yummy!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Pleasant atmosphere. Staff are a bit absent, forgetting about orders and cleaning tables, but nice, smiling and kind!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great local food and you can tell as there are many locals who eat here.

I was eating lunch there so frequently that the waitress gave me a 10 pass punch with the last punch giving me a comp meal.

avoid the noon time rush and go a bit later.

the coco/lemonade is wonderful.

there is also a nice section in back area plus the overhead fans keep everything cool in Cartagena's mid day heat.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

What a hidden gem! My friend in Cartagena told me about this place and I just had to check it out. They have a $2 daily special drink that usually tastes very good. I ordered the shrimp and potatoes and thoroughly enjoyed my dish, as well as the complimentary soup (though it was way too hot for that!). The meal set me back around $15 USD.

The service is good and there is no A/C here, but the fans are running, so it's not overly hot. The bathroom however is ridiculously hot. so hot my clothes were sticking to me, so try not to spend too much time in there.

Overall, great food and service.